Delete Whetstone And Reflash

KamoteQue

Members
Jul 15, 2016
Hi All,

Im totally a pure user and dont have enough knowledge about the instruction of deleting the whestone and do a reflash. My Mi Pad 2 prompted a system upgrade and so I did, but after it all apps are closing automatically. They said it can be solved by deleting whetstone. Searching from the explorer but couldn't find anything.

Anyone could help, my Mi Pad 2 is useless because of this and Im frustrated since Xiaomi website is not replying to my forums.

You need a zip/unzip program like 7-Zip.

1. Install 7-Zip from its website.
  2. Download the Xiaomi.EU update (which is a .zip file).
  3. Do NOT uncompress/extract the file, open it with 7-Zip. You'll see a file manager where you can do things to the files inside.
  4. Locate the Whetstone folder. You need to enter the "system" folder, then the "app" folder and find the "Whetstone" folder.
  5. Inside 7-Zip, right click on the Whetstone folder and delete it. After deletion it will take a while to rebuild the file structure. Let it be until it finishes.
  6. Once it is finished you can exit 7-Zip. You can open the file again (again, not uncompress it) to see whether the folder was properly deleted.
  7. Flash the modified file via TWRP following the instructions on this site.

Reactions: Digleo
You need a zip/unzip program like 7-Zip.

1. Install 7-Zip from its website.
  2. Download the Xiaomi.EU update (which is a .zip file).
  3. Do NOT uncompress/extract the file, open it with 7-Zip. You'll see a file manager where you can do things to the files inside.
  4. Locate the Whetstone folder. You need to enter the "system" folder, then the "app" folder and find the "Whetstone" folder.
  5. Inside 7-Zip, right click on the Whetstone folder and delete it. After deletion it will take a while to rebuild the file structure. Let it be until it finishes.
  6. Once it is finished you can exit 7-Zip. You can open the file again (again, not uncompress it) to see whether the folder was properly deleted.
  7. Flash the modified file via TWRP following the instructions on this site.
been trying and searching for flashing via TWRP, but I just could'nt do it.

Are you rooted?

I can tell you how I did it within the phone itself.