[dev] Opensource (multiboot) Bootloader: Efidroid (formerly Grub4android)

in a matter of design, since grub is some sort of parasite, you can use "ouroboros" style instead of a triangle.
Code:
The ouroboros is the emblem of the eternal return and the cyclical nature of time. Its symbolism joined the Phoenix constantly reborn from its ashes .
just a suggestion :D

I made a (huge) icon of the sample above
G4A-icon_sample.png

Last edited:
Ok another sample again.
I have to admit that a triangle isn't that original, so I picked a eight angle this time.
This way it looks a little bit like a "ouroborus" just like @grsgs mentioned only without the parasite :)
I also added some 3d so you look on top of the icon, like the android guidelines suggest.
And finally I used a more HD power icon which looks more smoother and better then the old one.

RESULT:
G4A_icon_playstore2.png

Last edited:
i think the gauge (right term? or tickness/depht) on the higher part is ugly and without is much better.
I totally agree with you, that's why I removed it.
It's actually a google guideline, but Google isn't doing it for all their apps either (like chrome).

A header with dark letters:
G4A_title_header.png

Just showing some possibilities :D
In the attachment are all the images.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, that's why I removed it.
It's actually a google guideline, but Google isn't doing it for all their apps either (like chrome).

So some Icons MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI, XXHDPI, XXXHDPI:
View attachment 8697 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701

A header with dark letters:
View attachment 8702
Just showing some possibilities :D
In the attachment are all the images.
Great work!
It's a Kitkat guidline. for L everything needs to be flat and simple :)
btw wouldn't it look even better if you reduce the size of the power button so the circle part could be centered?( or just move the circle upwards)

awesome :) btw the border of this icon must feel great on a tactile screen :D
and: what about the left border of the brightest part? the gradient looks a little bit weird imo

Reactions: VinSWADED
awesome :) btw the border of this icon must feel great on a tactile screen :D
and: what about the left border of the brightest part? the gradient looks a little bit weird imo
Yes you're right, looked a little weird indeed.
Because of Android L and flat design I would like to know what you think of this:
G4A_icon_playstore2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: xeGox and VinSWADED
@redmaner @M1cha just a different perspective :

G4A-icon_sample2_test2.jpg

I didn't have the time to make it appropriate, my photoshop skills are very limited and rusty, i couldn't find a layer so i edit it as a jpg.Colors are : cyan #00bcd4 blue grey #b0bec5 grey #424242

Last edited:
Another day, another try.
This time trying to add some more flatness into it, and trying a circle for the outside border
G4A_icon.png

Edit:
I think eight angles is nicer then a circle.
But these colors and shadows are better then the old ones

Let me know what you guys think, a circle isn't bad either and better for an icon

Last edited:
@redmaner the shadow's are great now. I would remove the gradient on the left of the brightest piece though.
the eight angle is better indeed - I think u can keep the new colors and shadows and "just" restore the old form.

Reactions: redmaner
@redmaner the shadow's are great now. I would remove the gradient on the left of the brightest piece though.
the eight angle is better indeed - I think u can keep the new colors and shadows and "just" restore the old form.
Excellent, will finish it tomorrow

Reactions: M1cha
when do you think that we can use grub as our bootloader??
Thanks m1cha for your amazing job with our MI:)

Last edited: