[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

ofc, but u can just reinstall your ROM afterwards.

Even though data and storage should still work after flashing you should make a backup because you could loose all your data.
I've flash like fastboot ROM? Should I select all files? Sorry for my bad english

Easy solution for GAPPS problems
this miflash package resizes your system partition without taking space from your data partition by removing the system2 partitions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=8360#downloads

This means you can easily change ur partition table using miflash and you'll get rid of system2 as a preparation for the upcoming GRUB4Android project the same time.
You describe step by step.Thanks.
What to do with the image buldier ?
Sorry for my bad english for knowledge .
How much power will damage?Thank you.

Last edited:
You describe step by step.Thanks.
What to do with the image buldier ?
Sorry for my bad english for knowledge .
How much power will damage?Thank you.
Follow the link he wrote.. it's described step by step.
Anyway be careful, and read accurately everything.

This and some other patches mi2 needs are not yet merged to CM. keep that in mind before building and publishing ROM's.
I know. And in my opinion the recovery should has resize2fs built in which is the case in my recoveries.

BTW thanks for your whole latest work looking forward grub.

Sent from my nexus 10.

Same here, soft reboot when I switch to guest.
But still the very best rom in my opinion.

Last edited:
I know. And in my opinion the recovery should has resize2fs built in which is the case in my recoveries.

BTW thanks for your whole latest work looking forward grub.

Sent from my nexus 10.
IMO it shouldn't so u can install the ROM with any recovery :)

Don't forget cm12 is young sometime some new patches brings errors. Most likely this is on cm12 behalf to fix that

Edit.

@M1cha what are the original system partition size?

Thank you!

That's why some ppl have only 22 mbs left hehe.

Well I think you are totally right about the fact it can be installed regardless of the underlying recovery.

But my opinion was more oriented to add this binary inside official recoveries.

My solution requires that the user uses mine. Which is not the best. But still again thx as I did not know how to build a static binary.

Well as long the solution works .

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2s.

Reactions: MSephiroth
My phone crashes if I connect it to my TV through HDMI
I had no problems with KitKat

Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
Which CPU governor and I/O scheduler do you think are the best to set to balance battery life and performances? I'm currently around 4h of screen on and I used my Mi2S with online apps and a few games

In my opinion interactive with some simple io scheduler like sio or row.

If fiops is available in your kernel go for it.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2s.

Reactions: mikegiord
I use Khaons any Kernel with intellimm governor and lower frequencies. I don't have concrete numbers, but battery life seems to be nice so far. But sadly not yet as god as with Mokee 44.Nice work Khaon!

EDIT: I had huge push issues while using intellimm. Sometimes while using this governor i didn't get push notifications while my phone sleeps. Only after unlocking the notifications appeared.
So not really usable .. i switched back to interactive.

Last edited:
Is there any mirror to download.im trying to download from dev host from last night and it fails with network error

Installed and it works great. But how:
- to disable click sounds for touch?
- to fastaccess 'mute the phone'? (Without using profiles...)
- to turn off the 'swipe' unlock screen before the unlock pattern appears?
- what does the # symbol next to the WiFi strength symbol mean?
- only with mi2 and cm12 I have problems to connect to one of my 2 wifi networks. One is called 'wifiname5' and the problematic one 'wifiname2.4'. Is it possible that the ssid causes such problem, maybe because of the '.' in the ssid?!

Rgrds
Stephan

Last edited:
Installed and it works great. But how:
- to disable click sounds for touch?
- to fastaccess 'mute the phone'? (Without using profiles...)
- to turn off the 'swipe' unlock screen before the unlock pattern appears?
- what does the # symbol next to the WiFi strength symbol mean?
- only with mi2 and cm12 I have problems to connect to one of my 2 wifi networks. One is called 'wifiname5' and the problematic one 'wifiname2.4'. Is it possible that the ssid causes such problem, maybe because of the '.' in the ssid?!

Rgrds
Stephan
- Sounds>Other sounds>Touch sounds
- volume rocker :)
- dunno. it was definitely possible in cm11
- it means that one of ur apps is currently running code as root
- I have that problem too since the last driver update. I'll downgrade it.

Thx for your answers Micha! You really did a great job.

Good to know that you have comparable issue with the WiFi as well

Rgrds
Stephan

Regarding Audio issues mentioned as a current bug, are you referring to the BT audio issue? is it still happening?

20150225073033.jpg

I've been on CM12 for a week and these are the results of battery usage. It seems that the component that uses more energy is "standby mobile", with which I've never had problems in other ROMs. Can someone tell me why it happens?

View attachment 9636
I've been on CM12 for a week and these are the results of battery usage. It seems that the component that uses more energy is "standby mobile", with which I've never had problems in other ROMs. Can someone tell me why it happens?
What's your screen and call time?
Do you use the extended battery?
3g enabled?