Downgrade of Mi Fitness to Health

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
These ADB commands are needed if we want to change from Mi Fitness to Health.
You misunderstand the process. Mi Fitness is downgraded to Health whether you want it or not.
Problem is, Android doesn't handle downgrades, so permissions declared by Mi Fitness are retained and prevent the Global Mi Fitness from being installable.
These ADB commands simply uninstall and reinstall Health to clear the permissions previously declared by Mi Fitness.

If I do nothing and wait for the next stable ROM update, will I have to use these ADB commands then?
You have to either use these commands or do a clean flash, if you plan on installing the Global Mi Fitness from Play Store. Waiting for next releases won't help you.

I mean, will new updates come with this app already fixed?
I'm not sure what you're talking about. What "app already fixed"? Health has already reached its final version of 2.17.1 and will remain the same for the future.
Version 3.0.0 and higher is already the Chinese Mi Fitness.

Reactions: Franch

Franch

Members
Jan 21, 2022
You misunderstand the process. Mi Fitness is downgraded to Health whether you want it or not.
Problem is, Android doesn't handle downgrades, so permissions declared by Mi Fitness are retained and prevent the Global Mi Fitness from being installable.
These ADB commands simply uninstall and reinstall Health to clear the permissions previously declared by Mi Fitness.

You have to either use these commands or do a clean flash, if you plan on installing the Global Mi Fitness from Play Store. Waiting for next releases won't help you.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. What "app already fixed"? Health has already reached its final version of 2.17.1 and will remain the same for the future.
OK. Thanks!

SpookieGames

Members
Dec 14, 2021

So theoretically would it be possible to just update the Health App by downloading this to have the Chinese Mi Fitness App

kaziTuHiN

Members
May 8, 2022
You can't manually update MIUI system apps on our ROMs.
I think it's (updating system app) possible using android 12 default package installer. (but not every app)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-10-13-05-17-185-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-10-13-05-17-185-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2022-05-10-13-05-44-151-edit_android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-10-13-05-44-151-edit_android.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

ekonstadoudakis

Members
Apr 20, 2014
I have this paradox..... my ROM of the Xiaomi 12 Pro has the version 3.2.0, at Playstore has the 3.1.4 and when I enter the app get an notification to download and install version 3.3.1! I tried with adb to run the commands and then the 3.3.1....not working. I have found the file, but is system file and cannot be replaced without root. How can I install the latest version!?Screenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-05-865_com.mi.health.jpgScreenshot_2022-05-16-10-25-27-181_com.android.vending.jpgScreenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-00-762_com.mi.health.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-29-075_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-29-075_com.android.vending.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-40-603_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-16-10-08-40-603_com.android.vending.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 75

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021
Is your ROM released before 28.4. 2022?
You must wait for the ROM to update. Then repeat the procedure to install Mi fitness from GPlay.

Last edited:

ekonstadoudakis

Members
Apr 20, 2014
Is your ROM released before 28.5. 2022?
You must wait for the ROM to update. Then repeat the procedure to install Mi fitness from GPlay.
I have the latest stable 13.0.30 and the app I want to install is not from Google Playstore I guess but from Mi Store as is shown in the images above.
Here just to inform that I found a Notify app that is compatible with devices that work only with Xiaomi Wear, like my Xiaomi Redmi watch 2, and are not compatible with other app or Notify - Notify Lite for Smartwatches .

SpookieGames

Members
Dec 14, 2021
I have the latest stable 13.0.30 and the app I want to install is not from Google Playstore I guess but from Mi Store as is shown in the images above.
Here just to inform that I found a Notify app that is compatible with devices that work only with Xiaomi Wear, like my Xiaomi Redmi watch 2, and are not compatible with other app or Notify - Notify Lite for Smartwatches .
Your ROM was released on 15.4.2022 that means that you will have to wait for another update that is after the date mentioned by gogocar62

Reactions: ekonstadoudakis

Arifakinti

Members
Mar 21, 2016
Due to user feedback and usability issues within the Chinese Mi Fitness app, we have decided to downgrade to Health app in order to resolve said issues.
This will also allow the users to install the Global Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) version via Play Store.

This change applies to all builds starting from today.
If you have any recorded data in the Chinese Mi Fitness app, before you update your ROM, make sure sync is enabled if you wish the data to be preserved, so you could later sync it with Health app.

For those who wish to install the Global Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) version via Play Store after you update the ROM, you will have to run 2 commands using ADB* in order to finalize the downgrade**:
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.mi.health
adb shell pm install-existing --user 0 com.mi.health
Once these are executed, you'll be able to install Mi Fitness from Play Store without issue.

Enjoy and have a nice day!

* If you don't already have the ADB tool, you can get it from our Logging with ADB Logcat guide.
** This step is irrelevant for those who perform a clean flash.
I run the commands. I tried many things. but the problem not fix. Finally I checked for updates. and yesterday mi 10 pro 13.0.4.0 rom was released. I updated. And I run the commands again this time it worked
I noticed the difference with the previous rom. When I typed the second command on the 13.0.3.0 rom, the main screen was showing mi fitness app. On the 13.0.4.0 rom, when I typed the second command, the main screen was showing health app.

Nucio

Members
Jan 13, 2018
Hello!
Followed the steps correctly, I got the app "Health" back on my device but still cannot install Mi Fitness. I also redid the process and wiped both cache and dalvik from recovery, but nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

JiaiJ

Members
Jun 11, 2020
Hello!
Followed the steps correctly, I got the app "Health" back on my device but still cannot install Mi Fitness. I also redid the process and wiped both cache and dalvik from recovery, but nothing changed. Any suggestions?

It seems that a ROM more recent (28/04) than the OP is needed. Maybe you can check that.

Reactions: periquin36

Nucio

Members
Jan 13, 2018
It seems that a ROM more recent (28/04) than the OP is needed. Maybe you can check that.
I am currently on the weekly releases, updated a few hours ago to the latest...