Downgrade of Mi Fitness to Health

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Due to user feedback and usability issues within the Chinese Mi Fitness app, we have decided to downgrade to Health app in order to resolve said issues.
This will also allow the users to install the Global Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) version via Play Store.

This change applies to all builds starting from today.
If you have any recorded data in the Chinese Mi Fitness app, before you update your ROM, make sure sync is enabled if you wish the data to be preserved, so you could later sync it with Health app.

For those who wish to install the Global Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) version via Play Store after you update the ROM, you will have to run 2 commands using ADB* in order to finalize the downgrade**:
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.mi.health
adb shell pm install-existing --user 0 com.mi.health
Once these are executed, you'll be able to install Mi Fitness from Play Store without issue.

Enjoy and have a nice day!

* If you don't already have the ADB tool, you can get it from our Logging with ADB Logcat guide.
** This step is irrelevant for those who perform a clean flash.

KappaTau

Members
Mar 12, 2022
So far so good. Was able to add a card to the app although the numpad that showed up was all white, had to trial and error on the numbers.

TH Lee

Members
Mar 17, 2021
Dear Igor,

Is the ADB command need to be run under fastboot mode, I'm not quite clear on this issue.
Thanks.

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
I mean - is the phone need to be in fastboot?

Thanks for reply.
I know and my answer was .... - NO -
Boot your device / connect with USB and use Android Debug Bridge commands (adb.exe [parameters])
You have to enable USB-Debugging in developer options

In Fastboot mode you can only use the fastboot commands (fastboot.exe [parameters])

Last edited:

iNKViZiT0R

Members
Jul 28, 2020
So far so good. Was able to add a card to the app although the numpad that showed up was all white, had to trial and error on the numbers.
This White numpad is not their fault, it Is in official MIUI too, i think thats problem in fitness app, i just found all needed numbers and added card, works good, you just need some time And tryes to find numbers

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu ROM leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
This White numpad is not their fault, it Is in official MIUI too, i think thats problem in fitness app, i just found all needed numbers and added card, works good, you just need some time And tryes to find numbers
Disable dark mode..

Birraque

Members
Nov 12, 2018
No. The phone is running with USB Debugging active.

katerpanne was faster. :emoji_smile:

I can confirm it's works well with MIUI 13 running after:

1) Settings \ Additional Settings \ Developer Options => USB Debugging (Enabled)
2) Device Screen USB Configuration => MTP - Media Transfer Protocol (Selected)
3) ADB commands (screenshot annex)

MIUI_EU.jpg

Best regards,

Last edited:

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Ist it possible with terminal an Root ? Without a PC ?
Probably...
Code:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.mi.health
pm install-existing --user 0 com.mi.health

How do you install the ROM without a PC though?...

gaguilarv

Members
Apr 29, 2022
Hello, it happens to me that it does not let me install the app from the play store, it is necessary to use the ABD in the CMD as an administrator or the administrator privileges are not necessary, because I tried in all the ways and I do not succeed

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Reactions: KappaTau