English CWM for Xiaomi Hongmi ( TD- WCDMA) BUGS: IN SOME VERSIONS BACKUP DON'T WORK

Hi, i have the TD version so i cannot solve problem with WCDMA because i cannot test sorry. The recovery work fine for flash wipe etc and INTERNAL sd card (the phone memory) so just put the ROM in internal memory. What version have you trying? For wcdma try MIUI recovery seems full working.

Actually i flashed the 3.11.29 with the original chinese recovery from post 1, then granted root permissions in the stock dedicated app, made the Vroot update, and finally rooted the phone (in one shot)
The sd card now is seen by Root Browser/Romtoolbox or other apps (not by the stock explorer). but i cannot open the G & H drives on the PC, whether in usb storage or in multimedia mode

Actually i flashed the 3.11.29 with the original chinese recovery from post 1, then granted root permissions in the stock dedicated app, made the Vroot update, and finally rooted the phone (in one shot)
The sd card now is seen by Root Browser/Romtoolbox or other apps (not by the stock explorer). but i cannot open the G & H drives on the PC, whether in usb storage or in multimedia mode
Try reflashing using english CWM or MIUI recovery. First make data/cache wipe and flash the ROM. Finally do the root processo. Full wipe for stable version is important.

Ok i'm going to try, which recovery should i take? First i have to wipe the dalvik/data cache? Once the rom installed i do the factory reset and then reboot? Thks

edit: i did as advised, english CWM v5 recovery used, dalvik/data wipes, 3.11.29 flashed, factory reset, phone rooted but the sd card still unreachable

Last edited:
Ok i'm going to try, which recovery should i take? First i have to wipe the dalvik/data cache? Once the rom installed i do the factory reset and then reboot? Thks

edit: i did as advised, english CWM v5 recovery used, dalvik/data wipes, 3.11.29 flashed, factory reset, phone rooted but the sd card still unreachable
So the problem seems the sd card..maybe is not compatible with this build, on my hongmy TD works fine, with recovery touch.

For WCDMA users the MIUI recovery is reccomended, because is bug free and in english, for TD users no problem with both recoveries actually.

For WCDMA users the MIUI recovery is reccomended, because is bug free and in english, for TD users no problem with both recoveries actually.

Hi, awkward situation: Poweramp (my audio player) can read the music on the sd card while the phone doesn't see it..
Do you think i should re-flash the 3.11.29 with the MIUI recovery? Thks

Last edited:
Hi, awkward situation: Poweramp (my audio player) can read the music on the sd card while the phone doesn't see it..
Do you think i should re-flash the 3.11.29 with the MIUI recovery? Thks
MIUI recovery is the most bug free for WCDMA..so if this recovery don't solve the problem try to re-download the ROM..if the problem still here try another sd card, is the last solution. If another sd don't work your sd slot have problems

Miui 3.12.6 is buggy. For Hongmi is latest working now 3.11.29. Bugs no phone memory, no sound profiles , SD card read problems ... This is bugs from Rom not CWM

Odoslané z môjho Xioami Hongmi

do I need to change Miui recovery_v1.0 name to recovery.img ?
Edit: Yes you have. meaby write it at 1st post?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ishy
Hey guys, I got recent news from MIUI Czech&Slovak:
Don't use MIUI Recovery, it's not working correctly. You will not able to make Root on latest stable ROM (WCDMA JHBCNAH3.0) and probably Nandroid Backup. Instead of this use CWM V5 No Touch WCDMA (thanks to Sonik1SVK for build) which is working well so far.

Hmm...I understand. Let's start from begining and do "Wipe data/Factory reset" in Recovery, then install "miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip". After restart you be able to work with uncletool cos ROM is already rooted