English CWM for Xiaomi Hongmi ( TD- WCDMA) BUGS: IN SOME VERSIONS BACKUP DON'T WORK

I can tell you that it works for me so should be for you. Remember, I'm not responsible for any damages to your phone

It doesn't matter if that ROM is bug free. After you flash "CWM V5 No Touch WCDMA recovery" you will go back to stable ROM V3.0 and finally make root. Is it clear ?

Reactions: zalskin1
but still i dont have root with stable rom
The recoveries are ok for wipe and flashing, but seems the nandroid backup do not work. Use the Backup function inside Miui Rom to restore apps and system data. If something goes wrong during the flash of a rom, restore the phone with his Sp Flash Tool factory rom, and after, restore the Backup with Backup function inside Miui. For root, seems is not related to recovery, users from Miui Italia doesn't have problem to root with the Miui recovery.

The recoveries are ok for wipe and flashing, but seems the nandroid backup do not work. Use the Backup function inside Miui Rom to restore apps and system data. If something goes wrong during the flash of a rom, restore the phone with his Sp Flash Tool factory rom, and after, restore the Backup with Backup function inside Miui. For root, seems is not related to recovery, users from Miui Italia doesn't have problem to root with the Miui recovery.
The backup problem is for both types?? (WCDMA and TD)
Another question is that folowing the procedures I flash recovery.img at TD phone with Mobile uncle tools and all is ok but when I return to recovery then it is back to the stock one. Again I flash second time and all is ok the first time I go to the recovery all is ok but the second time again the stick one. Any solution ???

that miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip was rootet like you said. then I flashed that stable after that but i dont have root. i tried to vRoot but it did not work

that miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip was rootet like you said. then I flashed that stable after that but i dont have root. i tried to vRoot but it did not work

So here you go simple step by step guide
Before you start job, put all those files on sd card:
*miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip
*miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH3.0_jb-4.2.zip
*CWM V5 NO TOUCH WCDMA Recovery (thanks to Sonik1SVK for build)
*mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk
*root.zip

1. from (any) Recovery make all wipes and install "miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip"... restart phone to MIUI
2. then install "mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk". from that app install CWM V5 NO TOUCH WCDMA Recovery
3. restart phone and enter to your new CWM V5 Recovery. make all wipes. install WCDMA JHBCNAH3.0 ROM
4. after that install file root.zip... restart phone to MIUI
5. you should see new icon on the screen "SuperSU"
6. you done, enjoy rooted phone :)

Last edited:
The backup problem is for both types?? (WCDMA and TD)
Another question is that folowing the procedures I flash recovery.img at TD phone with Mobile uncle tools and all is ok but when I return to recovery then it is back to the stock one. Again I flash second time and all is ok the first time I go to the recovery all is ok but the second time again the stick one. Any solution ???
i've not tried the nandroid on TD because its more easy the backup tool of miui....i use the recovery v6 and i dont have your problem is very strange.

i've not tried the nandroid on TD because its more easy the backup tool of miui....i use the recovery v6 and i dont have your problem is very strange.
I like to inform that with those CWM for TD I can't flash original roms but only custom ones. With the Chinese one I can flash all kind of roms

Last edited:
I like to inform that with those CWM for TD I can't flash original roms but only custom ones. With the Chinese one I can flash all kind of roms
These versions are generic versions for MTK devices, basically are recoveries with hacked ram disk..so it's normal have some problems..but to install custom roms and wipe partitions are ok

If something goes wrong during the flash of a rom, restare the phone with Sp Flash Tool factory rom, and after, restore the Backup with Backup function inside Miui"

my hongmi is bricked,not recognized by adb, only SP flashtool.
where can i get the factory rom for xiaomi hongmi to flash with SP Flashtool?

thanks in advance.

If something goes wrong during the flash of a rom, restare the phone with Sp Flash Tool factory rom, and after, restore the Backup with Backup function inside Miui"

thanks in advance.
search on google: xiaomi hongmi TD factory rom OR xiaomi hongmi WCDMA factory rom. Is important the right model of the rom! after, unzip the archive, open sp flash tool and select the file android scatter eemc inside the rom folder previously unzipped. Click download button and wait. At the end, the phone is restored to the original rom.

thanks in advance.
hi, try http://www.miui.cz/index.php/topic,1774.msg28592.html#msg28592 , is it in slovak language, but with pictures :)

Hi,

Noob and new to miui and xiaomi.

Currently on stable 4.0 (wcdma)and cannot root with Vroot (from all miui foruns, currently stable release is not rootable). On device manager, after installing all kind of driver packages, still HM1 android phone and no drivers available anywhere....

Guess the best solution is to follow the guide below (flash older rom version, flash CWM with mobileuncle, flash newer rom, flash root) problem is, i cannot find miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip over the net , and if i can install the 4.0 version (guess is the latest stable?), instead of 3.0, am i right???

"So here you go simple step by step guide

Before you start job, put all those files on sd card:
*miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip
*miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH3.0_jb-4.2.zip
*CWM V5 NO TOUCH WCDMA Recovery (thanks to Sonik1SVK for build)
*mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk
*root.zip

1. from (any) Recovery make all wipes and install "miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip"... restart phone to MIUI
2. then install "mobileuncle.toolbox_327.apk". from that app install CWM V5 NO TOUCH WCDMA Recovery
3. restart phone and enter to your new CWM V5 Recovery. make all wipes. install WCDMA JHBCNAH3.0 ROM
4. after that install file root.zip... restart phone to MIUI
5. you should see new icon on the screen "SuperSU"
6. you done, enjoy rooted phone :)"

Hi,

Noob and new to miui and xiaomi.

Currently on stable 4.0 (wcdma)and cannot root with Vroot (from all miui foruns, currently stable release is not rootable). On device manager, after installing all kind of driver packages, still HM1 android phone and no drivers available anywhere....

Guess the best solution is to follow the guide below (flash older rom version, flash CWM with mobileuncle, flash newer rom, flash root) problem is, i cannot find miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip over the net , and if i can install the 4.0 version (guess is the latest stable?), instead of 3.0, am i right???

No, I was on 4.0 and could root like described in

http://en.miui.com/thread-8101-1-1.html

For last builds of HONGMI (RedRice) users:
Install this through CWM
HongMiCWMroot.zip (1.37 MB, Downloads: 91)
"...is working also for Hongmi WCDMA Stable ROM v4.0..."

Press thanks if I could help you

Reactions: Paulo Coelho
@MikelFuchs @bolek

Thanks to you both.

Cannot install xxxroot.zip cause i didn´t installed CWM. I´ve bought the Hongmi already with 4.0 (used), and still on miui recovery, so this method is simpler than spflashtool (.it method), although i´m moving from a ZTE mediatek (v970m) and used to it.

I will proceed as stated, and post the results.

Cannot install xxxroot.zip cause i didn´t installed CWM. I´ve bought the Hongmi already with 4.0 (used), and still on miui recovery, so this method is simpler than spflashtool (.it method), although i´m moving from a ZTE mediatek (v970m) and used to it.

I will proceed as stated, and post the results.

Good luck then, although I think that I used English MIUI recovery to apply xxxroot.zip.
Also I think that MobileUncle requires root to change recovery :(

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

@MikelFuchs & all

I was already on version multi4.0, and no CWM.

What i did was:
- install from miui recovery an older rooted or rootable rom (miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip),
- Install mobile uncle and flash CWM
- Reboot to CWM recovery, Flash last stable version (Multi_4.0), flash xxxroot.zip
- One last reboot....and done
Note (done all the required wipes in between).

Done! Supersu running, and root access!

Reactions: pjovp
The title is a little bit confusing. It says full working but in first post there is mentioned that nandroid backup is not working.

So, is nandroid backup working now ?