Error with SafetyNet

k1ndeR3DR

Members
Nov 21, 2020
Hi, everybody. Installed the stable ROM for redmi note 9s before doing this to completely clean the phone. everything would be fine if not for an error with SafetyNet: cts profile match failed and google play refuses to be verified. it seems that I do not use magisk and this problem should not be but it is...

Screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-23-14-40-10-295_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-23-14-40-10-295_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 218
Installing your SafetyNetFix v2 via TWRP gave an error (log attached).
Your device was shipped with Android 10, that's why the first workaround can't work. ;)

EDIT: But your OrangeFox doesn't seem to have "/sbin/chmod", that's weird... . Can you do this in OrangeFox: "Menu" > "More..." > "Terminal" > type: which chmod

Do you see a path to "chmod" program?

Last edited:
Your device was shipped with Android 10, that's why the first workaround can't work. ;)

EDIT: But your OrangeFox doesn't seem to have "/sbin/chmod", that's weird... . Can you do this in OrangeFox: "Menu" > "More..." > "Terminal" > type: which chmod

Do you see a path to "chmod" program?
writing this command gave - system/bin/chmod

I realized that the problem is in the mount system. How to solve it?

Log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/10O5t-4I1iLiLRP8bnVH3y7BGKECpKXGM/view?usp=drivesdk
You can't, "/system" is in "forced" Read-Only mode in TWRP because of the new dynamic partitioning system:

Android 10 also introduces a new dynamic partitioning system. Instead of having a dedicated system partition and a dedicated vendor partition, etc. Android 10 uses a super partition. I like to think of the super partition as a partition that contains a bunch of smaller partitions. One of the side effects of this dynamic partition system is that Google has chosen to use a form of the ext4 file system that is for all intents and purposes, read-only. This choice means that even if you wanted to, you can't easily mount and modify the system partition. We haven't really discussed this with other developers yet, but it may impact your ability to do things like install Gapps. In addition, the dynamic partition model means that eventually, we should probably provide you, the user, some GUI driven tools in TWRP to allow you to manage the dynamic partitions that are on the super partition.

Source:

You can't, "/system" is in "forced" Read-Only mode in TWRP because of the new dynamic partitioning system:

Source:
this means that the problem with safetynet is not solved yet?

Source:
Can then create such a thread in bugs to this ROM to this phone?

this means that the problem with safetynet is not solved yet?
Use another workaround. ;)

xiaomi.eu ROMs don't include any workaround to avoid the new SafetyNet "hardware" attestation method (for now?). @Igor Eisberg

It's the cat and mouse game between Google (SafetyNet) and custom ROMs (requiring an unlocked bootloader).

Reactions: k1ndeR3DR
Use another workaround. ;)

xiaomi.eu ROMs don't include any workaround to avoid the new SafetyNet "hardware" attestation method (for now?). @Igor Eisberg

It's the cat and mouse game between Google (SafetyNet) and custom ROMs (requiring an unlocked bootloader).
In any case, thank you so much for trying to help and for your time

What workaround? I know of a single workaround which is spoofing the device's model name (that's what those Magisk modules do), which will mess up more than it's worth.

Reactions: k1ndeR3DR
What workaround? I know of a single workaround which is spoofing the device's model name (that's what those Magisk modules do), which will mess up more than it's worth.
As a last resort, I will definitely use this method and first install magisk.