New Mi 9 Lite [not rooted] / Stable 12.0.2 / SafetyNet compatibility test: Failed

nickithename

Members
Sep 20, 2020
Hey there, I would like to report a bug for the current stable 12.0.2 xiaomi.eu ROM for the Mi 9 Lite.
Today I discovered by accident that I lost my Google Play certification and that I fail the SafetyNet compatibility test.
I did not change the ROM and it passed the test when I flashed it a few weeks ago.
As far as I can figure it out, somewhere between 21-10 and 28-10 the issue occurred.

Device: Mi 9 Lite / pyxis, device not rooted
Software: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9LiteMICC9_V12.0.2.0.QFCCNXM_v12-10
Issue: CTS profile match → fail

What I already tried:
Google Playstore "Play Protect certification" - Device not certified

clear Data "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework"
reboot
► Did not solve the issue.

Reactions: mkriiger
SafetyNet now passed, but Google Pay still doesn't work. Worked fine till 22.10 for me.
You may need to clear all data of "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework" and "Google Pay". ;)

Or wait 24 hours and try to use Google Pay again.

:)

Last edited:
[...]Can you test this SafetyNet Fix (by me) on your Mi 9 Lite (install this zip in TWRP) => TWRP_SafetyNetFix-v1.1.zip[...]
I'm a bit reluctant to just flash anything via TWRP x)
Can you give more details about the ZIP, like what is/how is it actually fixed? :)

SafetyNet now passed, but Google Pay still doesn't work. Worked fine till 22.10 for me.
You applied the fix I assume or did it fix itself?

I'm a bit reluctant to just flash anything via TWRP x)
Can you give more details about the ZIP, like what is/how is it actually fixed? :)
My patch simply add/change "ro.product.model" prop in /system/build.prop file with your device codename info.

Using the codename instead of the model name for "ro.product.model" avoids the use of the new hardware attestation method used by Google's SafetyNet test (for now). ;)

Flashing zip again will "uninstall" the patch => "ro.product.model" = your device model name.

My patch simply add/change "ro.product.model" prop in /system/build.prop file with your device codename info.

Using the codename instead of the model name for "ro.product.model" avoids the use of the new hardware attestation method used by Google's SafetyNet test (for now). ;)

Flashing zip again will "uninstall" the patch => "ro.product.model" = your device model name.

I see, thanks :) And no root is needed for this script to work in TWRP, right?
Can you re-upload the file again? It is removed at the link you provided.

I see, thanks :) And no root is needed for this script to work in TWRP, right?
Can you re-upload the file again? It is removed at the link you provided.
No root needed, only TWRP. ;)

New version available in my first post here (v1.2), changelog:

- Added "INFO" message at the end of the script about how to uninstall/reinstall the fix.

- Fixed Android 9 ROM compatibility

Reactions: nickithename
No root needed, only TWRP. ;)

New version available in my first post here (v1.2), changelog:

- Added "INFO" message at the end of the script about how to uninstall/reinstall the fix.

- Fixed Android 9 ROM compatibility

Thanks for your kind reply and help. Much appreciated!
I installed it an it works for me as well. SafetyNet passes and Play Store shows my device as certified again :)

Can you try to install this patch in TWRP too => GooglePay_fix_v2.zip

Thanks for your efforts, but didn't work for me, I don't know why

Screenshot_2020-10-30-20-27-11-141_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg

Hello ! :)

Can you test this SafetyNet Fix (by me) on your Mi 9 Lite (install this zip in TWRP) => TWRP_SafetyNetFix-v1.2.zip

Then use "SafetyNet Test" app to check SafetyNet results.

And feedback, please.

;)
Hi!
Mi 9 lite- Pyxis, rom 20.10.30, root with Magisk 21.0
After flashing your fix, safety net is ok.
For Play store I had to delete the data from Play store and Play services and rebooted.
Now both are fine.
I don`t know for Google pay, because i don`t use this sevice.
Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
GooglePay fix (by @ingbrzy) =/= SafetyNet fix (by @Poney70). ;)
Use my patch from my first post in this thread. :)

Yeah, my fault, sorry!
At first, the patch did not appear to have worked because Google Pay continued to say that the device did not meet security requirements. But today the message has changed, now everything is fine. Thanks!

Screenshot_2020-11-01-11-03-53-667_com.google.android.gms.jpg

Last edited: