hello all,
I apologise in advance for the nooby questions - I am brand new to xiaomi and android
I have unlocked the phone (mi mix 2s) and installed twrp using fastboot, booted in twrp and wiped everything!
how do I upload the new rom (zip file) now?
(I tried doing it using sideload, but I get a few errors)
thank you in advance

hello all,
I apologise in advance for the nooby questions - I am brand new to xiaomi and android
I have unlocked the phone (mi mix 2s) and installed twrp using fastboot, booted in twrp and wiped everything!
how do I upload the new rom (zip file) now?
(I tried doing it using sideload, but I get a few errors)
thank you in advance
Just go to mount and enable MTP, than you can just copy the zip from your computer to it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-18-09-42-10-228_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-18-09-42-10-228_com.android.settings.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 412
Reactions: vietnam100
Oh my god .. I afraid I am having serious problems now .. this is my third Xiaomi phone .. after Mi 5S Plus and Mi 6 I now have a Mix 2S 8/256 GB (directly from China) .. till now everything went wel .. I have unlocked the phone after 360 hrs wait .. I have wiped everything included storage and this is where the trouble start. I have enabled MTP and my computer see the Mix 2S included Internal Storage .. but I can not copy a file to this internal storage ! So I can not copy the Eu ROM to Internal Storage .. I can reach the internal storage on the phone but when I push paste .. it takes a very long time and nothing happens ! Can someone please help me ?? Now I am left with a Mix 2S without operating system .. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes I have format data .. how to install rom with USB OTG ?? Sorry I have not done this before .. normally everything goes smooth without problem

I have format data, too. Then i install the rom with OTG in recovery. You need a USB Stick.

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

I really do not know how to do this

It also tells me "Error opening: /data/media (no such file or directory) when I try to wipe internal storage (again)

ALso very strange .. when I backup from twrp it is putting the backup in /data/media/TWRP/BACKUP .. etc ..

I am really confused now

Last edited:
I always do it with a usb org. Don't worry!!! It's the same.

Enviado desde mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

Thanks guy .. but it is working now !!! Thanks sytayeth for your help !

Pff and now it takes already more than 10 minutes before the rom starts .. stuck on MIX screen ... what the hell ??? BOOTLOOP !!!! Help !!!!

Now 20 minutes later .. still stuck in MIX screen ... any solutions ??

Last edited:
Thanks guy .. but it is working now !!! Thanks sytayeth for your help !

Pff and now it takes already more than 10 minutes before the rom starts .. stuck on MIX screen ... what the hell ??? BOOTLOOP !!!! Help !!!!

Now 20 minutes later .. still stuck in MIX screen ... any solutions ??
What did you do exactly to flash the rom? Did you wipe everything before?

Oh my god .. I afraid I am having serious problems now .. this is my third Xiaomi phone .. after Mi 5S Plus and Mi 6 I now have a Mix 2S 8/256 GB (directly from China) .. till now everything went wel .. I have unlocked the phone after 360 hrs wait .. I have wiped everything included storage and this is where the trouble start. I have enabled MTP and my computer see the Mix 2S included Internal Storage .. but I can not copy a file to this internal storage ! So I can not copy the Eu ROM to Internal Storage .. I can reach the internal storage on the phone but when I push paste .. it takes a very long time and nothing happens ! Can someone please help me ?? Now I am left with a Mix 2S without operating system .. Thanks

I had the same problem! But what worked for me is to also wipe the Dalvic / ART Cache see step 1 to 7 in this how to: https://andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html

After that I was able to copy the xiaomi.eu ROM 8.5.17 to my internal storage using Windows Explorer.

I installed the ROM in TWRP on my phone. Reboot. Done.

I just found out I don't have Google Play Store in 8.5.17??

I had the same problem! But what worked for me is to also wipe the Dalvic / ART Cache see step 1 to 7 in this how to: https://andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html

After that I was able to copy the xiaomi.eu ROM 8.5.17 to my internal storage using Windows Explorer.

I installed the ROM in TWRP on my phone. Reboot. Done.

I just found out I don't have Google Play Store in 8.5.17??
That's normal, just download it on apkmirror and install it manually

First I unlocked the phone after 360 hours wait .. then I put the TWRP recovery on it .. I wiped cache / dalvik / system / data / internal storage .. then I copied the EU rom and Magisk to storage (as you see then I had my first problem but it is solved) .. I installed the ROM .. reboot and then it is stuck on MIX logo .. nothing happens .. all I can do is reboot in recovery but the ROM will not go further after MIX logo

install our ROM first.. reboot and then Magisk if you need it....

Reactions: Subi23
Ok I understand .. but what do I have to do now with a phone that is stuck at MIX logo and does not react on anything ?? The only thing I can do is start in recovery .. do I have to wipe again and reinstall all ??

Ok guys .. problems solved ! It looks like something went wrong during wipe stage .. maybe my mistake .. sorry for disturbing you .. now enjoying a working with EU rom

Reactions: Subi23