Facebook Contacts Sync

jim2lim

Members
Nov 19, 2010
I am experiencing issues with facebook contacts sync. The issue is with the option to "sync with existing contacts".

Normally, this would sync pictures/facebook statuses only with contacts already in my contact list. However, it syncs everyone even those that are not in my contact list. In other words, there is no difference between "sync with existing contacts" and "sync all".

This seems to be a common issue with MIUI as I saw it in a different forum as well. Can this be raised to the devs?

There is also a issue with the contacts photos not showing in the conversation list, but they show up fine in contacts.

They show for me

Dinc Miui-Dev app

are you sure they are not contact photos from your google account? those show up fine for me, but it's the facebook sync'd photos that don't.. again.. they show up fine in the contacts list, but not in the messages list

It's not a facebook sync problem. Pictures come up fine in the contacts, they dont show up in messages. I hear its something in 19 that caused it.

I just used the program syncmypix and it did just that. Now all my contacts have pictures. I really dont care if they are updated, just having contacts with pictures is a plus.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I have this same problem with MIUI 0.11.19 and HTC Desire.

The contact pictures are fine in the contacts app, but they won't show up in other apps. For example, in WhatsApp messenger, for some reason just one contact is shown with his picture, the rest show the generic icon. So it's important to note that the problem doesn't seem to lie on the regular messaging app, but on the way the system handles contact pictures in general. With my previous rom (LeeDroid 2.2f) most of them were showing their Facebook picture, both in WhatsApp and in normal messaging (WhatsApp uses the same contact pictures you have in your contact list).

Also, the thing the OP claims is true. I told the Facebook app to sync only already existing contacts in my list, but it threw all of them in there anyway.

its a known issue - because the chinese devs dont have access to facebook it makes fixing it difficult.

I am relaying all feedback on the bug as best I can. Hopefully next weeks OTA can fix some of the problems.

Any updates on this? It's kinda annoying to hide/delete 100 contacts everytime I wipe + facebook sync.

For the contact, you can sync with the google gmail account. After flash a new ROM, you will easily sync the contact with the gmail contact back.