Facebook Sync is it possible? (Answer Yes)

roniez

Members
Apr 23, 2011
Q: Facebook Sync is it possible?

A: Thats not a easy answer, offically no there is no facebook sync avalible by standard from MIUI, there is how ever a small work around, step 1 first download facebook app (offical) and choose the option you want.

I use (sync existing contacts only), now comes the point your all waiting for. How to get your facebook profile pics on the contacts.

Download this free app on market called "SyncMyPix" this little beauty will scan thru your contacts and find automatically the matching ones and sync their contact picture.
You can also induvidually assign pictures from SyncMyPics to contacts in your phone in case of example you have a different name for a contact on the phone and on your facebook profile.

I hope this helped you.
If you got any further questions or need assistance your always welcome to use our forum or contact us on the live chat.

It's very easy, actually. Go into the contact you want to sync, press the menu button, go to Options>Link and choose the Facebook contact. Simples!

It means you have to do this for every contact but at least it's done without any 3rd party apps

Is there a way to link all contacts ?
Now from some reason it linked only partial contacts and not all contacts (didnt see any suggestions..)

Thanks

Contact > Options > Link?? That option is not there :S

It's very easy, actually. Go into the contact you want to sync, press the menu button, go to Options>Link and choose the Facebook contact. Simples!

It means you have to do this for every contact but at least it's done without any 3rd party apps

I think it depends of the phone. On my Nexus One as soon as I enable contact sync in the facebook app all the photos and fb info get synced with my contacts. For the ones that don't match exactly (contact name and fb name) you have to select "edit contact" > "join" and just find the fb entry for that person.

If you are using MIUI you cannot do the "link" option since it is an AOSP ROM and not a Sense ROM like if you have an HTC phone...

The Facebook app from the market has this feature built-in. When you open it up the first time, you enter account details, it logs you in, then asks if you would like to sync with contacts

Hope this helps :)

Yes. We can manually link facebook contact to our existing phone contact one by one. However, the facebook profile picture is not displayed for the contact.

What Facebook apps does is displaying the friends we have on our phone contact but not merging/linking them together.

Currently I am using Google Contact Sync to update all the pictures, but it's very tedious to link the contact and has to be done on a PC.

I really hope to have highly integrated facebook function like HTC sense on other custom ROM

Is there a way to link the contacts of the G-mail to Facebook?. I mean that the data would not changed even if I installed another rom (or just newer version of miui)

I know the developpers can't work on this because they lives in China, but is there a way I could help them? I would really like that the picture get's auto-synced on the device. Normal ontact syncing works great there's only just the picture parts that is defunct

That is not easy,as I know In China,Xiaomi phone is not available to get the sync.because Facebook is not available in China,that is nothing.

Best solution for this is to use friendcaster(free third party facebook app). It syncs your contacts with facebook with pics and works perfect with MIUI :)