Fake ROM - MHQCNDG

TheOnlyRick

Members
Aug 14, 2018
Hi - I've got a Redmi Pro. I know I've got a fake ROM.

I've unlocked the bootloader and put on TWRP.

I don't know whether to go for Chinese or Global ROM. The Chinese ROM can be in English (which is good for me) and I think I can install Google Apps myself.

From the comparisons of Chinese v Global, it seems the Chinese ROMs have more features, so for that reason Chinese seems like the better choice.

Am I right?

Thanks, Richard

I think I have a fake ROM.

Regardless, I want to wipe and update my phone. I have terrible battery life and I hope that I can remove some bloatware.

I think I have a fake ROM.

Regardless, I want to wipe and update my phone. I have terrible battery life and I hope that I can remove some bloatware.

maybe, or maybe not :) Beta ROMs are "hit or miss", especially when it comes to battery life. Some are great, then next week battery life it terrible, and it takes weeks to improve again.
But generally, xiaomi.eu ROMs are a great alternative to "fake" ROMs installed by some Chinese sellers. Another option would be the original xiaomi ROMs. There is no solid ground to say that the Chinese ROMs are better than the global ones, or vice versa. It is simply a matter of personal preference (unless you really WANT a language other than English, in which case there is no way around the global version).

Reactions: TheOnlyRick
Thanks Frofa - I guess I'll try a Chinese ROM for a day or two, if I don't like it, I'll try a global one.

Cheers!

maybe, or maybe not :) Beta ROMs are "hit or miss", especially when it comes to battery life. Some are great, then next week battery life it terrible, and it takes weeks to improve again.