fake xiaomi PISTONS

Toni.stan

Members
Sep 28, 2013
Hello. Just to share my experience with you, so that you don't get in trouble with fake xiaomi pistons. I have order one at ebay and after I ordered I have found that there are also FAKE xiaomi pistons available that look very much as original. I was hoping that I will receive original ones, but unfortunately mine was fake. Here is link where you can find comparison fake vs. orignial:
http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread-8484817-1-1.html

And below are some pictures of mine fake xiaomi pistons.
fake_PB070834.jpg
fake_PB070836.jpg
fake_PB070838.jpg
fake_PB070840.jpg
fake_PB070841.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately there are always sellers trying to rip people off, it sucks never knowing what's the real deal these days. You might want to post up the seller that you bought them from so other people won't order from them.

Reactions: deini
Thanks for the post, seems like mines area original. Does the fake ones have that faint perfume smell like the real ones as well?

Hi.Dont know how original pistons smell,but fake ones have quite intense smell...not too pleasent. Seller was from ebay: laixianjiao287

Sent from my MI 1S using Tapatalk

Reactions: davela72
Just checked mine. They're fake :(
I've bought them from laixianjiao287 too (he isn't a registered user anymore).

Has anyone checked the audio quality between the fake and the original ones?
Is there any great audible difference?

Hi, I've read here http://chinandroidphone.com/ecouteurs-xiaomi-piston-fake-attention/ that fake Xiaomi pistons earphones show "11g" instead of "96g" in the box ticket. I've bought mine from ibuygou and it shows "11g" Other things looks like the original, but for example the cable has some "lost" threads like in the last photo: http://chinandroidphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FakeXiaomiEarphone16.png

So I'm starting to doubt that I bought the original ones...
Mines are original but they too have the 11g on the box sticker. I think it's supposed to be the weight of the headphones and 11 grams sounds more reasonable than 96 grams (maybe together with the box?).

Reactions: deini
I want to ask you what do you think about this:
There are some people in Spain that have bought fake Xiaomi pistons at a store called spemall. They're just like all the "A" on this thread. But the store say they were bought directly from Xiaomi. This is their answer:
*As for the 1st generation earphone,*here we already not have it in stock, if any customer can send pictures to us, it will be highly appreciated and helpful.*But we did buy from xiaomi official shop with expensive price, and some of them directly from xiaomi website, even there is false problem, then only the situation from xiaomi accessories shop may have problem, and from xiaomi website, it is not possible fake. and the quantity from xiaomi shenzhen accessories*shop*is 45 pcs. *and we intended to make it for promotion, you know, so we did not know it is false, and there is no need to sell it if weknow it is false.Frankly, we did not know there is fake earphone from xiaomi official accessories shop, and we tested the sound quality, it was good, we thought it is original, and sent to customers fast

Sorry for the (not mine) bad english :p

I would like to know any way to prove that this is not possible, but don't know if I can send an email to Xiaomi or whatever.

Thanks

I want to ask you what do you think about this:
There are some people in Spain that have bought fake Xiaomi pistons at a store called spemall. They're just like all the "A" on this thread. But the store say they were bought directly from Xiaomi. This is their answer:

Sorry for the (not mine) bad english :p

I would like to know any way to prove that this is not possible, but don't know if I can send an email to Xiaomi or whatever.

Thanks

Well, importing fake goods into an EU country is a criminal offense, so unless they can prove it's original with import papers and such they are a fence. It's also them who have to prove it to the authorities that was original, not you that it was not, and even if they were original but they can't prove it, they will be considered as fakes. In theory.

Hello,

I want to buy them. Secure place to buy the original ones?

Enviado desde mi JY-G4 mediante Tapatalk

new gold version looks different from this silver version
I bought this ones but inside the box is S M L not icons like on website, and was a clip for cable to attach to clothes.
Tested mic and sound is really good just strange that in Mi3 bass is better with general sound settings than pistons. Box quality and all parts looks original and really high quality, even smell looks tasty :cool:

Real one weight 11g, I think that the one who made the first original article made a mistake or wanted to sell his version...

http://www.mi.com/huosai-jianzhuang

The new model weight 10g.

EDIT : Did some research, the original article came from seller Taobao who I think was trying to sell fake one, so they just taugh us their weight (96g) was the real Xiaomi headphones but realones are weighting 11g.

Last edited: