Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

Looks like problem is related with clearing the "Download Manager" data. After that I managed to pass the pending problem but then error code 963 appeared during the installation. I applied your fix (fastboot flash data userdata.img) and after that it was all fixed.
However relocking the bootloader is not convenient at all; first, I couldn't apply your fixes while the bootloader was locked... it all returned back with fail message "command is not valid at locked state"; second, locking the bootloader makes the Play Store problem reappear again (code 963) unless you unlock and reflash userdata.img again.
I think it's better to stay with unlocked bootloader again for the moment. I hope OTA updates will survive.
Thanks for your help and for the rom!

Once again -
1. these ROM's you can flash on bootloader with any state.
2. it was not fixes, but format data partition. you should force format every time you locking or unlocking. otherwise - problems.
3. "command is not valid at locked state" - you tried to unlock without enabling OEM Unlock in developers options?
4. OTA should survive. It's up to you if you would like to have original stuff with 03 error. :) Pretty ... strange.

Just try to read post about error 963. Maybe this will clarify you what you did wrong.

Once again -
1. these ROM's you can flash on bootloader with any state.
2. it was not fixes, but format data partition. you should force format every time you locking or unlocking. otherwise - problems.
3. "command is not valid at locked state" - you tried to unlock without enabling OEM Unlock in developers options?
4. OTA should survive. It's up to you if you would like to have original stuff with 03 error. :) Pretty ... strange.

Just try to read post about error 963. Maybe this will clarify you what you did wrong.

After fixing the Play Store problem, I do "fastboot oem lock". But then the Play Store won't install anything again. After that when I go into bootloader and do "fastboot format data" or "fastboot -w" or run the flash_all_clear_data.bat... none of them runs and says cannot be done while the bootloader is locked.

Maybe I flashed the original chinese developer rom 9.6.22 in fastboot; prior to flashing yours. Could that be the reason?

After fixing the Play Store problem, I do "fastboot oem lock". But then the Play Store won't install anything again. After that when I go into bootloader and do "fastboot format data" or "fastboot -w" or run the flash_all_clear_data.bat... none of them runs and says cannot be done while the bootloader is locked.

Maybe I flashed the original chinese developer rom 9.6.22 in fastboot; prior to flashing yours. Could that be the reason?

Read carefully. I wrote: you should lock or unlock and then format (or you call fix). Locking/unlocking operation damaging data partition. That's why Market not working. Finally: action with bootloader (whatever locking or unlocking), then

"fastboot -w" then "fastboot reboot"
or
use option 2 for re-flash.

I have no idea why you got message about locked bootloader. Previous flashed ROM's have no affect after re-flashing.

Due to some problems, I repacked China ROM 6.9.22. Topic updated. As a bonus - added SuperSu to China ROM. So looks like that we will have OTA and SuperSu working together. For update - use option 1. No need of full re-flash.

Due to some problems, I repacked China ROM 6.9.22. Topic updated. As a bonus - added SuperSu to China ROM. So looks like that we will have OTA and SuperSu working together. For update - use option 1. No need of full re-flash.

Can you specify the problems please? I am on your chine 6.9.22 based Rom previous version and have no problems. Why do you recommend re_flashing?

Many many thanks Papka!
Finally I can run the latest build on my MiPad 2 and everything works fine!

Mi2s

Can you specify the problems please? I am on your chine 6.9.22 based Rom previous version and have no problems. Why do you recommend re_flashing?

Redundant stuff left on system partition. That's why 20MB free space left there.
But you need only re- flash system. Option 1 should be used. All your apps and settings will stay. And you will get SuperSu to control root access.

Hi guys! I just got my new mipad 2, and I also got stuck with that (seems like the same problems as in this thread, I hope you can help me).
I also manipulated with the lock/unlock, but without the "fastboot -w" and "fastboot format data". Could it be a problem? I also get 963 error in Google App Store. Does this error can be referenced with the missed "fastboot ..." commands?
By the way is this updated ROM what @Papka__ mentioned a few comment ago, is that working? Could it be solve my problem? I know I should try it, but I tried many solutions whole day, and get tired with them :/ thanks for any replies!

Hi guys! I just got my new mipad 2, and I also got stuck with that (seems like the same problems as in this thread, I hope you can help me).
I also manipulated with the lock/unlock, but without the "fastboot -w" and "fastboot format data". Could it be a problem? I also get 963 error in Google App Store. Does this error can be referenced with the missed "fastboot ..." commands?
By the way is this updated ROM what @Papka__ mentioned a few comment ago, is that working? Could it be solve my problem? I know I should try it, but I tried many solutions whole day, and get tired with them :/ thanks for any replies!

If you will take China ROM (6.9.22) from this thread and will flash it using option 2, your problems with market will disappear. I recommend also, if you device still unlocked, lock it before flashing.

Well, I solved it by unlocking mipad, used fastboot -w and fastboot format data, then flashed userdata.img and flashed a chineese fastboot rom. After that I flashed twrp, clear cache, flash an EU rom, clear cache, and since that everything is alright.
Btw, can I get any problem later if I stay with unlocked mode?

Well, I solved it by unlocking mipad, used fastboot -w and fastboot format data, then flashed userdata.img and flashed a chineese fastboot rom. After that I flashed twrp, clear cache, flash an EU rom, clear cache, and since that everything is alright.
Btw, can I get any problem later if I stay with unlocked mode?

"fastboot -w" was totally enough to resolve error 963. :)
"can I get any problem later if I stay with unlocked mode" - No. You will never get OTA. BTW why you didn't try xiaomi.eu mod from this topic? But ok. It's up to you.

Redundant stuff left on system partition. That's why 20MB free space left there.
But you need only re- flash system. Option 1 should be used. All your apps and settings will stay. And you will get SuperSu to control root access.

re-flashing of 6.9.22 was ok for me - untill yesterday, when OTA update came along...
I installed it and got my device stuck in bootloop...
Had to re-flash again to have my Mi-pad functional again.
anybody else did the OTA update? did you succeed?

re-flashing of 6.9.22 was ok for me - untill yesterday, when OTA update came along...
I installed it and got my device stuck in bootloop...
Had to re-flash again to have my Mi-pad functional again.
anybody else did the OTA update? did you succeed?

Did you updated binaries in SuperSu?
Probably - yes. I wrote not to update. Just re-flash 22 once again using option 1 and apply OTA. And forget about updating SuperSu for now.

Did you updated binaries in SuperSu?
Probably - yes. I wrote not to update. Just re-flash 22 once again using option 1 and apply OTA. And forget about updating SuperSu for now.
You are right. I didn't see that part in the instructions and updated. My bad.
Thanks for thr reply

Hi there,
I'm using OSX so can't really do the windows workaround. Can you maybe prompt me to in which order fastboot boot, bootloader and system.img manually via terminal? I have ADB and fastbood installed already, so it's only about the commands and their order.
Thx a lot!

PS: going for the xiaomi.eu rom

Hi there,
I'm using OSX so can't really do the windows workaround. Can you maybe prompt me to in which order fastboot boot, bootloader and system.img manually via terminal? I have ADB and fastbood installed already, so it's only about the commands and their order.
Thx a lot!

PS: going for the xiaomi.eu rom

You can flash them in any order. Download flash_tool, open bat file provided there and just re-use commands starting from first "fastboot flash..." till the end of batch.

You can flash them in any order. Download flash_tool, open bat file provided there and just re-use commands starting from first "fastboot flash..." till the end of batch.

Flashed them manually (as described in post #34 in this thread) and worked like a charm! Newest xiaomi.eu that is, 6.10.27.
Didn't even need the flash_tool that way.

Thank you!

Hello Papka__

Im using 6.9.22 China dev ROM from the first post and did an OTA to 6.11.3. Are there additional steps that needs to be done after OTA? It broke my Gapps. Google Play Services stopped working.

Would it be fine to ask how I can check what's wrong with Gapps?

Hello Papka__

Im using 6.9.22 China dev ROM from the first post and did an OTA to 6.11.3. Are there additional steps that needs to be done after OTA? It broke my Gapps. Google Play Services stopped working.

Would it be fine to ask how I can check what's wrong with Gapps?
Strange. First of all - take version 6.10.13 for the first and update to it using batch without user data wipe.Then take this zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Nb0mR1oVUWN05ROFdKMVVhTGs/view?usp=sharing , extract file from there and copy it to /system/etc/initd/ folder on your device using any root explorer. Then change permissions for this file to 755 (rwx:r-x:r-x) and reboot your device twice. This should fix your problem with Gapps. Let me know.

P.S. You can also try to clear data/cache for Google services, Google framework without flashing 6.10.13.

Last edited:
Strange. First of all - take version 6.10.13 for the first and update to it using batch without user data wipe.Then take this zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Nb0mR1oVUWN05ROFdKMVVhTGs/view?usp=sharing , extract file from there and copy it to /system/etc/initd/ folder on your device using any root explorer. Then change permissions for this file to 755 (rwx:r-x:r-x) and reboot your device twice. This should fix your problem with Gapps. Let me know.

P.S. You can also try to clear data/cache for Google services, Google framework without flashing 6.10.13.

The solution worked! Thank you very much. I reflashed using 6.10.13 then applied the fix as well. Thank you very much!