Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

Hello,
I have just ordered a mi pad 2 and i need to update it. I am not a tech guy so I just want to install and forget about it.

I just want it to be as easy and hassle free as possible, with least problems in installation and future use.

This papka ROM looks easy to install and with the OTA but then again people report alot of trouble in this thread.

Which ROM do you recommend, this papka ROM (China or EU?) or the normal EU ROM?

Thanks

Is the OTA updates for this rom coming from you papka or is it the regular official OTA updates directly from Xiaomi?

Xiaomi.eu based rom have no OTA in normal meaning (read - just partial updates) like it's for China rom.
If you would like to get normal official OTA - you should install rom based on china dev from first post of this thread.

If you would like to get normal official OTA - you should install rom based on china dev from first post of this thread.
OK. So by installing this ROM I will keep receiving official OTA even if you, papka, stop supporting this ROM, since it comes directly from Xiaomi?

OK. So by installing this ROM I will keep receiving official OTA even if you, papka, stop supporting this ROM, since it comes directly from Xiaomi?

yes. that's why i'm not publishing rom based on china dev frequently. if you would like to use it - wait till evening. i'm going to publish this rom based on 6.11.10.

Ok, sounds very good.

I see now that it has just been released a new stable EU ROM for mi pad 2.

This papka ROM seems easier to install, what's the hook? What will I miss from choosing this (China version) compared to the stable EU version?

Also, will installing this papka ROM make it more difficult to install the regular EU ROM later?

Ok, sounds very good.

I see now that it has just been released a new stable EU ROM for mi pad 2.

This papka ROM seems easier to install, what's the hook? What will I miss from choosing this (China version) compared to the stable EU version?

Also, will installing this papka ROM make it more difficult to install the regular EU ROM later?

It's 2 types of ROM's here. China with OTA, EU with no OTA.
I probably will make China and EU stable if there will be enough requests.
If you will use China based - you will loose only full translation to any other then english language. As benefit - original weekly OTA.
You can switch between them (I mean flash over).
I would say - if your language english or partial translation is ok for you, use China based.
Need full translation - use EU.

Thank you for your effort Papka! / Have you succeed installing xposed framework on Mipad2? I use your EU images.
Will try your Latest 6.11 version now :)

Freshly flashed, Beautiful bootloader during start. MIUI 6.11.10 EU

One more question? Does the mtp work on recovery? which recovery.img version do you prefer?

Last edited:
Could you post a video teaching how to do it? Im a bit lost. Thanks in advance
Fastboot is an old android flashing method since year 2012 at least. It is an electronic/software method to control the device from the backdoor.

The device memory inside (ssd/emmc) har different partition for differnt type of system/hardware information, binary for hardware, and userdata).

with the help of terminal CMD in windows you have to type commands, but before you must have driver installed for the device and putting your MiPad 2 in coma for surgery (fastboot mode)

I will put some link from xda here but you could also type "fastboot" inside youtube and find videos. Hope it helped:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2277112
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

Thank you for your effort Papka! / Have you succeed installing xposed framework on Mipad2? I use your EU images.
Will try your Latest 6.11 version now :)

Freshly flashed, Beautiful bootloader during start. MIUI 6.11.10 EU

One more question? Does the mtp work on recovery? which recovery.img version do you prefer?

Hi,

No luck with Xposed. I will try to ask the guy made port for our device. Maybe he can have a look what is wrong.
I'm not using TWRP now. Before, I tried multiple versions, but MTP not worked for me.

I tried to install the china ROM and I get an error message when running the bat file:

fastboot getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *latte" || echo Missmatching image and device

What to do?

I tried to install the china ROM and I get an error message when running the bat file:

fastboot getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *latte" || echo Missmatching image and device

What to do?

Probably you have problems with windows drivers. This command only check if device connected is Mi pad 2.
"Is there any benefit from installing new version from flash compared to installing old version and update with OTA?" - newer version will contain updates for stuff i'm adding to this ROM. From core system perspective it's the same.
Unfortunately, yesterday was bisy. Will try to be ready today evening.

hmm, my mi pad 2 connects OK to windows 10 when I start it normally, no problem. But in fastboot it does not seem to be detected.
Any tips on how to get connection to work?

OK China ROM installed..
It Works fine exept I initially getting allot of error messages that Google play services didnt work. Also had some problems with spell correct and word suggestion didn't work for Google keyboard (all settings correct) but hat might be a problem not from this ROM.

OK China ROM installed..
It Works fine exept I initially getting allot of error messages that Google play services didnt work. Also had some problems with spell correct and word suggestion didn't work for Google keyboard (all settings correct) but hat might be a problem not from this ROM.

If you re-read initial post, you will see info that after first boot you should restart your device once again.