Fingerprint allways waiting?

dalealgordo

Members
Jan 13, 2019
Hello, I am a new user of the newest Xiaomi EU for mi5s.

I have noticed a slightly strange thing that I do not know if someone else has observed. When I'm going to enter the bank's app, which is accessed with a fingerprint, an exclamation mark appears as if I were trying to read a fingerprint and made an error, but without putting my finger on it yet. I put two captures, the first with the error, without even touching the finger and the other a while later ...

Let's see if anyone else has noticed ...
320259290179b01880269e07a7c6926d.jpg
d2e6ccf64659cec1541b3a3e706ee162.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Same here with ING Bank app. It's always reading you can say because the bank app actually says wrong fingerprint if I don't put my finger fast enough.

Also after either Android 8.0 or Miui 10 version upgrade unlocking with fingerprint is not that great. It barely used to read my print wrong before. Noticed that now if it reads wrong, while unlocking at least, it will also fail the second time and only on 3rd attempt it will unlock the phone properly.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i'm facing same issue, even unlocking screen says "too many attempts" (not exact quote) after 1st finger touch.

I just updated to V10.2.1.0 and I have the same issue in ING Home Bank. I deactivated and re-activated the option to login with fingerprint, and now I'm not able to select figerprint login in the first screen. The option still shows enabled in settings.

LE: Same happens in Revolut app: several errors the fingerprint doesn't match (without touching the sensor), and then prompt to use the passsword.

Mobile Banking from Unicredit works fine with fingerprint login.

Last edited:
good morning i am currently owner of a xiaomi mi5s ( capricorn) and have installed the latest rom xiaomi eu stable (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V10.2.1.0.OAGCNXM_v10-8.0)
and I'm having a problem with the fingerprint in the applications that I have put the fingerprint and is that without putting the fingerprint appears the message as if I am not putting the correct fingerprint ( how is it possible if I do not have put the finger ?)
I attach a picture of the openbank application where you can see what I'm saying.
thank you very much

Attachments

• photo5765006753585541340.jpg
    photo5765006753585541340.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 354
Only way I solved it is by switching to Lineage OS. So it's either an issue with xiaomi.eu version or Miui. Haven't tried any official ROM so I'm not sure.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

This problem has appeared for me but on a different phone. Mi Mix 2 on Xiaomi.eu version 10.3.1.0. Don't know how to fix it unfortunately

Fingerprint works fine to unlock the phone but isn't recognised in any apps (banking, PayPal etc).

I don't know if it's related, but after updating magisk to the last version (19.1 if I'm not wrong) It works fine for me on PayPal app.

Last edited: