Xiaomi First Photos of the Xiaomi MI-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow its incredible!!! i want it now! LoL, so the problem is not come to Mexico, nother way to get one? is anybody kwnos, please tell me, thanks! for now i hope to release MIUI 4.1 for my SII...

I'd be fairly confident that they'll release a 4.1 Rom for the original MI-One.

Eddie, where did you get your MI-One?

pretty sure they will, by then i ll of course upgrade and try it, hopefully i like it as much as i did when i changed from gb to ics =D

i got it from their website, thing is i live in Beijing...
got it at the beginning of this year when they still had the bullshit reservation system thing on the mi-one.. but im glad i didnt get it so so late.. I had 2 friends who got theirs xiaomi 1 one month ago, i think they still dont know about xiaomi 2 and i think i ll keep my mouth shut, well of course if they piss me off ill rub it in their face =)

Well it's an absolute beast for sure. Was hoping for 4.5 inches but that PPI is still crazy nice. I also would have liked to have seen something slightly slimmer, but i guess thats the price you pay for large batteries.

The big questions though....

1. Where is the SD Card slot!?
2. Is the camera actually upgraded or the same sensor as the M1?
3. Is the battery removable?
4. How long until meizu file the law suit?

seems they only have internal storage, like iphones, sucks for me and all the users who have micro sd with important data

im sure they did some tweaking, will check it out.. edit... read that it uses the same thing as iphone 4s.

the battery seems to be removable because on their website they said its going to come with 2000 mAh but a 3000 mAh bigger battery version is going to be on sale later on.. what a super battery..!

who knows, at first i also thought it looked quite similar to meizu on the back, but well xiaomi still looks different in the front.

anyways xiaomi 2 > meizu mx quad big time.. and the price is more competitive..
i remember meizu mx dual core being more expensive than xiaomi because it was actually a bit better, and frontal camera, but xiaomi 2 is going to be better and cheaper, suck on that meizu lol.

Someone asked if it will have an English language option. The stock firmware should. The MI1 does and I bought that straight from the website. The battery is removable it has the exact same rather thin cover on the back of the phone and at a guess I would say the SD card slot and Simcard slots will be above the battery below the camera under their too. I don't think they have changed anything in that respect, just bigger and better.

for those who live in china.... Why don't buy some mi2 and create an account to ebay to send them ?

Have you never done this? How can I send my phone to my China address and then to my country ? If the phone comes to my Chinese address who will send it? Is this site https://www.etoec.com/index.htm secure?

Hey,

1 - No I havent done this before but I was going to buy something from the USA and I was going to get a US Postal Address via a US Mail forwarder some time ago. So I thought why not do the same with the Miui but with a Chinease Mail Forwader!

2 - If you sign up for a Mail Forwarder in China; they give you an address to send your parcels and letters to. When you order from Miui just simply put your name and Chinese Address as the delivery address. Once your parcel arrives to the Mail Forwarder they Scan, Catalog the parcel, take a picture of it and then send you the details via e-mail. You can view all the details about your parcel online and either "Ship" the pacel to your Address in the UK, USA etc, "Hold" the parcel at their warehouse or "Discard" the parcel! Obviously we'll ship it! lol

3 - The Mail forwarder will send it to your address. They can send via UPS, DHL, FEDEX etc, prices are between 25 - 50 USD's for international Shipping! https://www.etoec.com/index.htm is one of many Chinese Mail Forwarders around, Im still searching and evaluating them, and yes they seem secure! So all in all, I could potentially spend about £225 to get this phone to the UK, hopefully customs dont get me!! LOL

This way I have total control over what happens!

That would make things a LOT easier for us! Keep the prices the same aswell!

They could make money with this, ok don't sell as you buy , cause else there is no reason to do it, but with a normal price you may sell them at ebay ... think it ... we buy it ;)

Is it true that this new launcher is included in tomorrows update?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Argh... I knew that there was going to be a new phone, but I was not aware that it would be so soon :-S
I purchased my MI-one and imported it to Norway about a month ago. I have been very happy about it, but this new phone looks awesome :-D
Maybe now is the time to try sell the "old" one :p

MI-ONE Plus is still an amazing phone, MI-ONE +S as well, giving users a choice of 3 types of phone.

Incredible that the new MI-2 out ranks all its competition, including the current Apple iPhone 4S.

Looking forward to getting mine :)

Mark

for those who live in china.... Why don't buy some mi2 and create an account to ebay to send them ?
I wish I had the time to do it but unfortunately I simply don't, busy busy job and young kids :( It will also depend on how Xiaomi release the phone too. If you remember, the MI1 was released one phone per customer. Some say that was because Xiaomi had made mistakes with their manufacture, others I have spoken to here in China say it was an attempt to stop traders purchasing them in their entirety then flogging them on TaoBao for an inflated price.
Personally I think the first reason sounds the most valid because there were people who had bought them and had to wait a number of weeks until the next batch of phones were ready to go out. Who knows but needless to say if they do the same thing again this time then it will be very difficult to buy a few at once. We left our IT guy on the computer all day clicking buy until he managed to get one and then had to do the same thing again with a VPN and new mailing address to get the 2nd one I wanted for my wife.

that means it will be open sales around october, might not be really the case.

according to their website, it is going to be around mid sept to reserve a xiaomi, and they start sending at october, i guess that it will be the same system they used before.

you pay around 100 to reserve, then when it's ready they will send you a text and also email i think asking you to send the remaining so they can deliver the phone to you.

when its open sales i think it will be possible to purchase many phones with one same bank account, same person, or xiaomi web acc (not sure how their restrictions work), but by the beginning its going to be 1 per account.. hope open sales are really at october like its stated above.

I wish I had the time to do it but unfortunately I simply don't, busy busy job and young kids :( It will also depend on how Xiaomi release the phone too. If you remember, the MI1 was released one phone per customer. Some say that was because Xiaomi had made mistakes with their manufacture, others I have spoken to here in China say it was an attempt to stop traders purchasing them in their entirety then flogging them on TaoBao for an inflated price.
Personally I think the first reason sounds the most valid because there were people who had bought them and had to wait a number of weeks until the next batch of phones were ready to go out. Who knows but needless to say if they do the same thing again this time then it will be very difficult to buy a few at once. We left our IT guy on the computer all day clicking buy until he managed to get one and then had to do the same thing again with a VPN and new mailing address to get the 2nd one I wanted for my wife.

Hi , is the phone going to be available only in mainland china or also in Hong Kong , say at stores like Broadway and fortress?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi , is the phone going to be available only in mainland china or also in Hong Kong , say at stores like Broadway and fortress?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

maybe in the future, right now its not available in HK..

but well shenzhen is so close, you could go get it there when its available.

here is a nice question nobody has answered in the midst of their fanboyeering, WILL I be able to RESTORE MY CURRENT ICS Programs with Titanium Backup and not have any issues? Please let me know. Thanks guys. Also, will this new release HAVE ANY SORT OF IMPLEMENTATION from our good friend, project BUTTER?? Making the whole phone FAST and stuff.

here is a nice question nobody has answered in the midst of their fanboyeering, WILL I be able to RESTORE MY CURRENT ICS Programs with Titanium Backup and not have any issues? Please let me know. Thanks guys. Also, will this new release HAVE ANY SORT OF IMPLEMENTATION from our good friend, project BUTTER?? Making the whole phone FAST and stuff.

I think Butter has to be implemented, since it is in the source code of Android itself... But, what I wonder is if the information that they ship to China only is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.