Fix_SIM_ Xiaomi 14 Global verzion

gogocar62

XM12 Tester
Apr 22, 2021
Mobile sees the SIM but you have no signal?nal?
Download this package: Global_houji
1. Unzip the ZIP file on the PC
2. Connect the mobile phone in fastboot mode to the PC
3. Run the modem installation with the windows_modem.bat script
4. wait for the mobile to reboot into the system
5. done

(The tool uses the current modemfirmware.img from the EEA ROM.)

Last edited:
In my device
Xiaomi 14 ultra - global stock rom
I notice sometimes there is no signal, on place which should be,
After switching from 5g to 4g as a preferred network, the problem seems to gone..

Does that seems related to the solution above?
Should i try it as a solution, or is that relevant only to xiaomi.eu rom?

It is clearly written!
Only valid for Xiaomi 14 Global (houji) with xiaomi.eu ROM.

[...] Does that seems related to the solution above?
Should i try it as a solution, or is that relevant only to xiaomi.eu rom?

The solution described should not related to SIM, but to eSIM only, which should be amended accordingly?
Some details regarding the regions differences can be found here, see "Bonus:" below.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. Actually I wasn't aware of any additional SIM issue, as I was obviously falsely convinced that the missing eSIM feature was the only difference in modem baseband's hard-/software of the region versions...

What should be correct is, that the "modemfirmware.img" of any global ROM version could be used within the patch, but I'm not 100% sure about that, as mentioned already. :emoji_shrug: Can you please confirm if this statement ist correct?!

Btw, for the time being I'm using the modemfirmware.img of the slightly newer OS1.0.3.0.UNCRUXM, instead of EEA, which works without issues as well.

Last edited:
What should be correct is, that the "modemfirmware.img" of any global ROM version could be used within the patch, but I'm not 100% sure about that, as mentioned already. :emoji_shrug: Can you please confirm if this statement ist correct?!

Btw, for the time being I'm using the modemfirmware.img of the slightly newer OS1.0.3.0.UNCRUXM, instead of EEA, which works without issues as well.

- I have tested only Global, EEA, RU, ID, TW which work.
- I think OS1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM is newer than OS1.0.3.0.UNCRUXM.

Last edited:
- I have tested only Global, EEA, RU, ID which work.
- OS1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM is newer than OS1.0.3.0.UNCRUXM.
Thanks for that, I'll try to test them too.

Is there a general rule for when a ROM is called "global", in order that their modemfirmware.img should fit?
Or do we have to test different ROMs one by one, by try and error? :emoji_thinking:

Last edited:

Borg666

I think it is not absolutely necessary to test all versions.
Generally, Global modemfirmware.img should work everywhere.
And since the xiaomi.eu ROM is aimed at EU users, I use this file from the EEA ROM.

Reactions: Devis234
Installed EU on a friends Xiaomi 14 today, started to panic a bit, thought I broke something, looks like there was no reason to worry!

I don't manage to flash the IMG through TWRP.
Does anyone have a clue why not and how this may be possible?

I prefer to do it all on the phone (usb OTG)and not need a PC.