Flashed Last Weekly Over Last Global Beta Without Wipe. Si It Dangerous?

Cesare76

Members
Nov 17, 2015
I had a redmi note 3 pro with 6.4.28 global beta and officially bootlader unlocked.
Then flashed twrp through fastboot. Then flashed latest weekly dev 6.5.12 with twrp and last thing superSu with twrp. Everything sims to be ok but with surprice the settings and the apps were all at their place (I believed twrp flashing procedure would have deleted all automatically before flashing new rom).
So now i would like to know if this dirt flash hides any treat?
Can Anyone answer me please and tell me What wipes mast be done for the next time?
Thanks.

don't worry, its not gonna explode anytime soon. ;)

in twrp you must look for an option to wipe everything you want.. i'll explain more in detail tomorrow, as i'm getting a rn3p in for a friend to unlock and setup.

but don't worry, if you don't have any bugs or errors, everything is A-OK....

GreeeetZ

Reactions: Margatto
in TWRP , select wipe, then select advanced wipe, and then wipe everything EXCEPT internal storage (and micro sd card), remember to keep the zipfile on your internal storage or sd card.
next in the main menu in twrp select install, and choose your zipfile.

this is the most clean way..

then you have a factory clean install with your latest flashed version.

I had a redmi note 3 pro with 6.4.28 global beta and officially bootlader unlocked.
Then flashed twrp through fastboot. Then flashed latest weekly dev 6.5.12 with twrp and last thing superSu with twrp. Everything sims to be ok but with surprice the settings and the apps were all at their place (I believed twrp flashing procedure would have deleted all automatically before flashing new rom).
So now i would like to know if this dirt flash hides any treat?
Can Anyone answer me please and tell me What wipes mast be done for the next time?
Thanks.
Wipe dalvik/cache only and that's it. Never wipe system!!! 6.5.12 is newer modified global rom.

RN2 prime - tapatalk

Wipe dalvik/cache only and that's it. Never wipe system!!! 6.5.12 is newer modified global rom.

RN2 prime - tapatalk

that is indeed the way if you just gonna update.

but if you are not sure, and want to start 100% fresh, then its the wipe everything (exept storage) way.

you agree?

Than wipe data and dalvik/cache and you are on clean new rom .Do not wipe system !!!!

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk