Free official HyperOS unlock Bootloader!

I'm waiting for a new method. I do not want to have this procedure incur a fee. I can't perform the operation because I have a Chinese phone. As a last resort, I will sell the phone if this continues.

I'm waiting for a new method. I do not want to have this procedure incur a fee. I can't perform the operation because I have a Chinese phone. As a last resort, I will sell the phone if this continues.

Have we found another way to unlock the bootloader on global Hyper OS or are we just waiting for Xiaomi to (maybe) fix it?

If you have a global device, you can apply using the "Xiaomi community" application.
Yes but, even though i have applied and got authorization i still get the "Couldn't add. Please go to MI Community for authorization" message when adding my account from the developer options.

Yes but, even though i have applied and got authorization i still get the "Couldn't add. Please go to MI Community for authorization" message when adding my account from the developer options.
If you got authorization from the "Community" app, why are you trying to add it from developer options? Re-adding invalidates the authorization. Just log in with the same account from mi unlock app and unlock

If you got authorization from the "Community" app, why are you trying to add it from developer options? Re-adding invalidates the authorization. Just log in with the same account from mi unlock app and unlock
Because that's what the instructions say to do. Here is a screenshot and the url to the instructions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-03-14-03-05-867_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-03-14-03-05-867_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 79
It has been always like that. You have to bind your account in developer settings.

Last edited:
Are you sure the account signed in Community and on tablet is the same account?
Yeah but I think i may have an idea on what wrong. The account that I'm using even though it's older than 30 days on the community app it shows 5 days so i will try with my second account which says 2k days on community and post the results.

Yeah but I think i may have an idea on what wrong. The account that I'm using even though it's older than 30 days on the community app it shows 5 days so i will try with my second account which says 2k days on community and post the results.
It shouldn't matter. Page on Community checks age of Xiaomi Account (not Community account), so it wouldn't allow to apply for unlocking permissions, if the account exists for less than 30 days...

It shouldn't matter. Page on Community checks age of Xiaomi Account (not Community account), so it wouldn't allow to apply for unlocking permissions, if the account exists for less than 30 days...
Then it something else, but i can't figure out what.
Let's take it from the top on what steps i took until this point:
1. Apply for authorization from the Xiaomi Community App with the same account that i was using on my tablet and get approved.
2. Follow the guide on what to do after that (which is the same as when unlocking on MIUI)
3. Reach the point where i have to bind my account from the developer options (I get "Couldn't add. Please go to MI Community for authorization and try again")
4. Try to use the unlock tool from xiaomi to see what it says (i attached screenshots of the result)

P.S. The account (the one i use with the tablet) is definetlly older than 30 days as i made it when i bought the device which was on Christmas.

So what gives?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-03 154405.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-03 154405.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2024-03-03 154442.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-03 154442.png
    60 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Tathagoto Sarker
If you use newer version of Mi Unlock tool, do you see this?
"This device is not activated, please activate it and try to unlock it again"

Than I think you have the problem many other users report aswell on reddit, XDA etc. For some it works after 7-10 days, for others it doesn't work for months.
I have the same problem. On friday the 72 hours countdown was over but unlock didn't work. I got this error. Today the Unlock tool suddenly says 32 hours to wait. Hope it will work tomorrow.

Then it something else, but i can't figure out what.
Let's take it from the top on what steps i took until this point:
1. Apply for authorization from the Xiaomi Community App with the same account that i was using on my tablet and get approved.
2. Follow the guide on what to do after that (which is the same as when unlocking on MIUI)
3. Reach the point where i have to bind my account from the developer options (I get "Couldn't add. Please go to MI Community for authorization and try again")
4. Try to use the unlock tool from xiaomi to see what it says (i attached screenshots of the result)

P.S. The account (the one i use with the tablet) is definetlly older than 30 days as i made it when i bought the device which was on Christmas.

So what gives?
remove your Mi account and add back. That helped me