New Freezes and laggs

zaisen

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Hello, I got a new Xiaomi Phone called POCO F2 Pro.

I got different freeze and lag situations on this phone, which resduces the usability:

1. While typing text with Gboard the text sometimes freezes/stucks for a while. But I still can type, mark or delete further text blindly, while I still see the frozen text in the textarea. It needs some time until the freeze is over and I can see the result of changes and the typing gets refreshed normally again...
  2. Streaming on youtube sometimes makes the video stuck/freeze while the audio keeps playing. In that case I have to reload the browser page (brave browser) to make the video playing again too
  3. Lagging/Stuttering of 2D-Animations in games. In my case the game "Illusion Connect" is one great example to demonstrate the issue. If the game runs longer, the animations start to lag/stutter. If I clear the RAM memory and/or restart game all works fine for some time and the animations run fluently like butter!
In all three cases I don't have any trouble on my much elder huwaei phone, which always kept running stable on typing, watching YouTube or playing 2D-games. It has much apps installed , while my
brand new Xiaomi phone just uses a hand full new apps next to the preinstalled standard apps

Does anyone know a solution to fix these issues? In other cases I would send this phone back.

Hello, I got a new Xiaomi Phone called POCO F2 Pro.

I got different freeze and lag situations on this phone, which resduces the usability:

1. While typing text with Gboard the text sometimes freezes/stucks for a while. But I still can type, mark or delete further text blindly, while I still see the frozen text in the textarea. It needs some time until the freeze is over and I can see the result of changes and the typing gets refreshed normally again...
  2. Streaming on youtube sometimes makes the video stuck/freeze while the audio keeps playing. In that case I have to reload the browser page (brave browser) to make the video playing again too
  3. Lagging/Stuttering of 2D-Animations in games. In my case the game "Illusion Connect" is one great example to demonstrate the issue. If the game runs longer, the animations start to lag/stutter. If I clear the RAM memory and/or restart game all works fine for some time and the animations run fluently like butter!
In all three cases I don't have any trouble on my much elder huwaei phone, which always kept running stable on typing, watching YouTube or playing 2D-games. It has much apps installed , while my
brand new Xiaomi phone just uses a hand full new apps next to the preinstalled standard apps

Does anyone know a solution to fix these issues? In other cases I would send this phone back.
Are you using the xiaomi.eu custom ROM, which version, give more information.