Galaxy Nexus JellyBean 2.8.31 Bugs

sebsch1991

Members
Sep 23, 2011
Bug-List for the Galaxy Nexus JellyBean Build:
Current Version 2.8.31
Some Bugs have been cleared by the hotfix!

Cleared Bugs are marked like this

Following Bugs are present:

### Contact Pictures size
#
# 1. After flashing new Version with erasing /data (fullwipe) and restoring a recent backup the
# contact images are displayrd very small in the upper left corner when a call comes in.
# You have to set every single image again to the appropriate contact to get fullscreen images!
# This is by storing contacts on internal storage!
# Stored on google or other online accaounts it seems that full screen images doesnt work at
# all !

### Call Recording not working
#
# Call recording button is greyed out, so you cannot use any call-recording at all.
# This feature needs to be improved anyway... You were only be able to hear your own
# voice eversince!

### Wrong formatted Toggle-Statusscreen in Landscape-mode !
#
# Turning Phone to landscape-mode you are able to slide down the statusbar to watch the
# system toggles !
# You cannot read the toggles´ description since you can only see the upper first 2 pixels or so!
Screenshot_2012-09-01-14-51-45.png

### Virtual Buttons are buggy !
#
# If you select the virtual buttons to be 3 at all you will notice that they change their order
# and count in a random way.
# Sometimes there are 4 buttons, sometimes they are wrong formatted and lay over each
# other.
# I have selected "show recent apps button - INACTIVE" but when I turn phone to landscape mode the 4th button appers (reproducable).

### Vibration does not work on Messagenotifications or incoming calls !
#
# If applied via "Themes.apk" or system settings, the phone should vibrate on incoming calls
# or notifications. Seems that the 2.8.17 hotfix fixed the message problem but not the one
# for incoming calls !

### WiFi with hidden SSID not usable !
# Since you cannot insert any password to such Accespoints, you are not able to connect !
# ( Screenshot )

### Ringtones/Notificationsounds from /sdcard/.. will not be applied !
#
# You can select your own Ringtones/Notificationsounds via system settings or "Themes.apk" !
# In both cases the phone ignores it and plays a default tone.
# If the tones are stored in /system/media/audio... the system applies them correctly !!!

---Sometimes FC in Settings or other Apps like MIUI AntiVirus ... (2 - 3 times by now )

---MIUI Music Settings are being resetted everytime you start the app !

---NAVIGON (Navigation Software) does not work !!! The App starts but gets a ForceClose everytime !!!
Seems to be no problem with JellyBean by itself since this software is confirmed to work with JellyBean!

We will be releasing a Hotfix release for all JB ROMs. It should address nearly all of these.

Home button on home screen should turn on flashlight after long press... but it doesn't work....

Toro/2.8.17

Google Location Services does not seem to be working:
  • Google Now does not work, saying that location services must be enabled
  • Google Maps gives the standard suggestion to enable location services to provide a more accurate location.
  • Browser does not obtain location information or even ask for permission on Google's search page
  • When toggling the Location Service option in Settings, the standard confirmation box does not appear.

Got one more to add to the list. If you select quick controls in the browser, it will crash requiring the settings to be cleared before it can be opened again.

Edit: Running the hotfix build on a GSM G. Nexus. I am getting the ringtone and vibration bug though.

Got one more to add to the list. If you select quick controls in the browser, it will crash requiring the settings to be cleared before it can be opened again.

Edit: Running the hotfix build on a GSM G. Nexus. I am getting the ringtone and vibration bug though.

Cant reproduce your fault. My browser works fine.

Above network location issue is present on toro after the hot fix version. I saw a workaround elsewhere on these forums that solves the issue until the next update:
Copy the network services apk from the jb gapps zip from 20120726 and replace the one in /system/app. Reboot and network location works.

Above network location issue is present on toro after the hot fix version. I saw a workaround elsewhere on these forums that solves the issue until the next update:
Copy the network services apk from the jb gapps zip from 20120726 and replace the one in /system/app. Reboot and network location works.
where is /system/app? i can only see internal storage on pc when connected via USB. and do you mean NetworkLocation.apk in \gapps-jb-20120726-signed\system\app?(Copy the network services apk from the jb gapps zip from 20120726)

If you "clear memory" from the fast-app swticher, it seems to clear Launcher.apk's memory - resetting your homescreen layout.

When I access Home > Menu > Search, I'm redirected to a google search function that appears to be outdated, because attempting to use its search recommendations doesn't work. Full report attached.

Also, there is a User Feedback app that came pre-installed on maguro-2.8.17, which I used to generate this report, but it directs to an e-mail address that doesn't exist: fc@miui.com

Android build number: JRO03H

Attachments

• 1345496871631.1118243720.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 246
### Wi.Fi are buggy !
# if you select hidden secured wifi SSID, wpa/wpa2 psk, you cannot insert password... so unusable

Notification pull down bug.

When there is no SMS notification in the pulldown (email, play store, and tapatalk notifications work fine) the pull down operates fine with a simple downward flick, but when you have a SMS notification you must pull the notification bar all the way to the bottom otherwise it snaps back up if you try to flick it down.

I also came from a full wipe.

When I access Home > Menu > Search, I'm redirected to a google search function that appears to be outdated, because attempting to use its search recommendations doesn't work. Full report attached.

Cant confirm that... Search functions works fine for me!

This was the first JB release. Much like the first ICS release. Its a early BETA rated 75% stable. Tomorrow we can really begin to evaluate bugs and what not.

Reactions: Pele
Call recording is not working... same for 2.8.24.....

I would like to report some bugs I've found..
- Contact pics with online accounts (tried with google and haxsync) shows very small pics
- 3rd party apps notification picker opens Themes app (tried with Whatsapp and GTD), means can't select notification sounds in 3rd party apps
Hope this can be fixed here without waiting for the Chinese team

Bug: Vibration in normal mode doesn't work after reboot. Have to toggle it off and then back on to get it working.

Galaxy Nexus with 2.8.31

Bug: Vibration in normal mode doesn't work after reboot. Have to toggle it off and then back on to get it working.

Galaxy Nexus with 2.8.31
Yeah.. Tested it.. But I never see anyone encountered the contact pics bug like I posted earlier.. What about yours?