Gameloft and other applications not showing in market

BnajoKaz

Members
Oct 7, 2011
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Hello, I have just started using custom roms and miui is absolutely great - one problem I have been trying to fix for 2 days now though is the lack of certain titles in the Android market. Some that I have brought previously include nova 2 and backstab HD, both gameloft titles; neither show up when i enter the market though. Additionally when I go to the market via browser it says the items are not compatible with your device (I9000, UK Galaxy S).

I have tried modifying the prop file as other people have suggested but to no avail. I get the same problem on CM7.

Anyone else have this problem/fix? There are several threads on it around but none seem to solve the problem...

And thanks for this great rom :D

Thanks for the reply, does that mean you can all see gameloft games then? I see most things in the market just not them...

And I have flashed it several times, gone between this and CM7 and have the same problem in both. Doesn't matter to much to be honest I can just grab the APK from a pirate site, I own the games anyway and have the SD content backed up.

Thanks for the reply, does that mean you can all see gameloft games then? I see most things in the market just not them...

And I have flashed it several times, gone between this and CM7 and have the same problem in both. Doesn't matter to much to be honest I can just grab the APK from a pirate site, I own the games anyway and have the SD content backed up.

Did you try:

Settings>Programs>Manage Applications>All>Market>Clear Data>Uninstall Updates and then reboot,

to see if clearing the market will help?

unfortunately not, can you see nova 2/backstab HD in the market then? It's literally a few select games that are apparently incompatible with my device..they were on stock though. I've grabbed the games elsewhere now that I owned, I just wondered if it was a common problem. If not that is very confusing - flashed between cm7 and miui several times with full wipes inbetween and it's always the same :/

the issue is with Miui's Build.prop and how it's identified to the market. some games won't show then others will show but will say incompatible. i had to edit my Build.prop to get the games to work using a 2.3 build prop from a non miui/Cyanogen rom for my phone.

the issue is with Miui's Build.prop and how it's identified to the market. some games won't show then others will show but will say incompatible. i had to edit my Build.prop to get the games to work using a 2.3 build prop from a non miui/Cyanogen rom for my phone.

I spent ages messing around with different build.prop files, none seemed to make any difference. Any chance you could link/throw me the one you used?