Global Or Eu Version To Root

Grillo Falante

Members
Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

I've just received my Xiaomi mi5s Plus (6GB RAM) phone from Gearbest. It came with Android 6.0.1 MXB48T, MIUI Global 8.2 | Stable 8.2.16.0.0 (MBGCNDH).

I need to root it so I will be able to restore some app data from Titanium backup of my old Android phone. I received the Xiaomi authorization to unlock the bootloader, but didn't unlock it yet.

1) What is the easiest way to root it?

2) Is there any MIUI newer version (>=8.2) from Xiaomi.eu that can be rooted?

3) Is it possible to root the MIUI version that came with the phone?

4) If I restore to the latest weekly version available in this site will I loose some features?

Last edited:
1) Unlock, flash TWRP, flash SuperSU*
1?) You have a fake (stable) ROM, there is no such 8.2.x and not even 8.1.x stable for Mi5S (last official stable are china 8.0.22 and global 8.0.3, which sucks)
2) Yes it is, but I'd stay away from it. When I received mine, I turned it on, check the rom version and then turned it off for flashing.
3) No, unless you are using chinese apps, which I hardly doubt

*Have a look at this guide:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...w-to-flash-xiaomi-eu-roms-on-your-mi5s.36132/

EDIT:
sorry, I've missed the fact you have a Plus, last official stable are china 8.0.16 and global 8.0.4

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
This is a fake ROM.
I think is not safe keeping that and rooting can be even worst.

OK. Now I know that I'm using a fake ROM. Chinese ROM but I have Pt-br language and Google Play Store.

1) Why this ROM is not safe?

2) Will I lose some features updating or downgrading to a EU ROM? The version number of MIUI is fake too?

OK. Now I know that I'm using a fake ROM. Chinese ROM but I have Pt-br language and Google Play Store.

1) Why this ROM is not safe?

2) Will I lose some features updating or downgrading to a EU ROM? The version number of MIUI is fake too?
Unlock it, flash TWRP, install xiaomi.eu developer rom, you'll be grateful.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk