Global Stable And Xiaomi.eu Rom Difference

DoctorZed

Members
Mar 13, 2016
Xiaomi.eu ROM (stable) is the same as the Chinese stable but with Chinese apps/bloatware removed, multiple languages, and Google apps added, correct?

Are there any other differences? I searched but was unable to find the relevant information.

Are locales added too? On Golbal stable there was no EU countries available under 'locale', so I had to set my language as English, but locale India (even though I am in the UK).

I am also curious on what the exact difference is. I have searched the forum for the word difference, but only found this post.

Perhaps this might help to explain the difference:
Can't post a link since I haven't posted ten or more things yet, but search on:

/community/threads/how-is-this-different-than-miui-com.18629/

While helpful, the information is a bit outdated (the post is from October 2012). Is there any list that compares the 2015/2016 Global ROM with the .EU ROM?

I have been trying to find this out too - being new to this I was only trying to escape Everbuying's adware -riddled custom rom , which also wouldn't update . I followed a YouTube video and unwittingly found myself with a eu rom. I wouldn't have made a conscious effort to do this , but now that I am here I wonder what the benefits are . On the face of it - no bloatware etc it sounds great , and as it's based on a stable rom (though no answer forthcoming yet to op ) , that's a good thing , yes ?
But are there any disadvantages , any exclusions that I should be worried about ?
Are these beta roms purely because they aren't official , working on the assumption that they are stable ? Or are they actual developer roms with the associated risk ?
And is it possible to say one is better than another , and if so , why ? How easy to move from one to another ?
What I am amazed about is the effort made by the staff members and developers on here and xiaomi.com -staggering !

Last edited:
It's very strange that there is seemingly no information on what exactly is in these Xioami.eu roms.
For that reason, I will remain on MiUi stable.

Oo
It's very strange that there is seemingly no information on what exactly is in these Xioami.eu roms.
For that reason, I will remain on MiUi stable.

Ooh , you make it sound very sinister - I'm sure that's not the case . What you originally posted sounds fine , I'd just be interested to know what's better for me , xiaomi.com or xiaomi eu?

Oo

Ooh , you make it sound very sinister - I'm sure that's not the case . What you originally posted sounds fine , I'd just be interested to know what's better for me , xiaomi.com or xiaomi eu?

Just the first time I've found a rom that doesn't say what it is, that's all. The only information I could find is both irrelevant and massively out of date. I did expect to see a reply with some details, but nada.

Is it exactly the same as thr MiUi releases, but with more languages?
Has anything been removed from the original MiUi rom?
Has anything been added?

I haven't seen the official global , so I can't see if anything is different - but if eu rom = global , where is the need for eu roms ? Global is multi-language with gapps -is there still China-specific content there ? And is it this that Xiaomi.eu removes ?
And is there much time variance in the release of the respective roms ?

I haven't seen the official global , so I can't see if anything is different - but if eu rom = global , where is the need for eu roms ? Global is multi-language with gapps -is there still China-specific content there ? And is it this that Xiaomi.eu removes ?
And is there much time variance in the release of the respective roms ?
First look on web - google is realy helpful.
First choose your device in this official site http://en.miui.com/download.html
Here is the sample how it looks for RN2 one is global and one is chinese version
e22abb00d490647272e9e773c589b655.jpg

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

Sorry , I didn't explain myself very well- I know how to find it , what I mean is that I haven't seen official global in operation , so I don't know how it differs (if in fact it does ) from xiaomi.eu rom . Eg , does the official global ( i was under the impression that ex-factory , roms are free of adware at least ) maintain the ad/bloatware that the eu rom removes , or is it only found in the Chinese roms - in which case is the eu rom based on the Chinese roms (still no definitive answer ) ?
If the eu rom is the same , but with more languages, then there's no difference for me as I am only using English anyway. I have just been wondering if there are more substantive differences that would make one 'better' than another ? Obviously xiaomi.com is going to say that theirs is , as it's ' official ' , and xiaomi.eu will say theirs is an improvement.

Bump - Would be good for someone that works on the EU ROM to clarify what's included/excluded in the ROM. Thanks.

I would also like to see such clarification. But if it's mostly about removing all that chinese bloatware and integrating GApps, I'm pretty much sold already :)

EDIT: Looks like this is actually correct. Google up "ROMs: en.miui.com vs xiaomi.eu" from xda-developers to find out. Basically: chinese bloatware removed, added GApps, native root

Last edited:
So...

Chinese Stable -
Included: Chinese Apps, Xiaomi Apps.
Excluded: GApps.

Global Stable -
Included: GApps, Xiaomi Apps.
Excluded: Chinese Apps.

Xiaomi.eu - No Chinese Apps? No Xiaomi Apps? (Some of them are useful) EU locales included?

Still no closer to finding out the difference. I guess it's the same as Global but they've removed all the Xiaomi apps, even though some of them are useful. Still surprises me that there's no real rundown of the rom.

I guess they don't read all the threads ! You would think someone would come and explain and make a case for eu roms . I read one explanation which stated the only significant difference between global and chinese (official ) roms is gapps and chinese apps - but that still doesn't indicate on which the xiaomi.eu rom is based . Again , I don't know which rom has all the bloatware that xiaomi.eu removes - is it chinese and/or global . Does any of this make a difference ? Who knows - nobody is saying anything -so much for an informed choice .

Xiaomi.eu rom is based on China developer. Also as far as I know, xiaomi.eu support more languages than China global. I don't really know how much and which languages are included in china global. China developer is the most frequently updated rom, hence that is used as base rom.

Last edited:
Thanks for that . So ( as somebody who hasn't experienced the official roms ), are there shortcomings in the official global roms that eu circumvents by adjusting the Chinese roms ? Would I be right in thinking xiaomi.com might put more effort into its Chinese output , which benefits xiaomi.eu , if that's the utilised rom ?

China developer is released every week. Xiaomi.eu takes this rom, puts in all the up to date language changes and where needed edit/fix some other things. So they are up to date with all the new features/fixes from the original dev. Not only shortcomings but also apps we don't really want because they're not useful for us, google apps are included rather than you having to flash it apart. So basically it's an all in one package with latest changes and languages. Ready to use and cleaned from superfluous apps. Also, Chinese global rom doesn't get weekly updates, China developer does but only has 3 languages. So xiaomi.eu is best of both worlds, weekly updates like developer and Google apps and languages (even more) like global.

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...ween-miui-com-and-miuiandroid-com-roms.28025/

Last edited:
Thanks again . That's cleared it up , and as you're on the translation team , can I assume that that's as ' official ' an answer as possible ? I was actually hoping the answer would be along these lines - China dev for frequency . But what ' useful ' mi apps are lost as referred to by OP ?
I know this rom difference question has been asked a few times now , and I have detected a certain ennui towards whoever asks it -if a response is even forthcoming . A default response seems to be 'google it ' - so your reply here is appreciated ! I have spent a lot of time unsuccessfully searching ' difference between xiaomi.eu and xiaomi.com ' , and various permutations of these words , with additions . I don't think I got anywhere near the thread in the link ! Maybe , as a poster there said , it could be put in the Q&A section of the forum , to avoid the repeated question .
Cheers.

1 - Chinese rom is the main version of MIUI, with stable and development branches.
It's chinese only, chinese apps, no gapps.

2 - Global is the Chinese rom (1) with 2 languages added by MIUI, some unuseful apps removed and gapps.

3 - xiaomi.eu is the Chinese rom (1) with lots of languages translated and integrated by the community, all bloatware removed, added gapps and some useful tweaks and mods developed by the community (most of these mods are around from years so are more than tested).

Back in the days there was no Global, and no other languages. So communities around the world applied patches to the Chinese rom (1) (you literally had to flash the Chinese rom, then the language pack!)

Those communities joined together to become this one to provide a pre-patched multi-language rom.

Also on the forums various useful mods popped around, some of them got integrated in the main rom.
They also remove chinese bloatware and add gapps.

I'm not sure about which apps are remove though. Things like compass, etc should be kept, you can download the zip and have a look around, find the /system/apps/ folder and look in there.

I didn't even remember I had an account, this forum changed so much. But I think you can find historical posts about modded versions, themes, and so on...

1 - Chinese rom is the main version of MIUI, with stable and development branches.
It's chinese only, chinese apps, no gapps.

2 - Global is the Chinese rom (1) with 2 languages added by MIUI, some unuseful apps removed and gapps.

3 - xiaomi.eu is the Chinese rom (1) with lots of languages translated and integrated by the community, all bloatware removed, added gapps and some useful tweaks and mods developed by the community (most of these mods are around from years so are more than tested).

Back in the days there was no Global, and no other languages. So communities around the world applied patches to the Chinese rom (1) (you literally had to flash the Chinese rom, then the language pack!)

Those communities joined together to become this one to provide a pre-patched multi-language rom.

Also on the forums various useful mods popped around, some of them got integrated in the main rom.
They also remove chinese bloatware and add gapps.

I'm not sure about which apps are remove though. Things like compass, etc should be kept, you can download the zip and have a look around, find the /system/apps/ folder and look in there.

I didn't even remember I had an account, this forum changed so much. But I think you can find historical posts about modded versions, themes, and so on...
Global is more than 2 languages aded - for now 48

Reactions: Ghizmo
Global is more than 2 languages aded - for now 48

Yes I was reading that on the italian forum, thanks for clarifying.
However looks like in some languages (Italian for instance) translations aren't always kept up to date in global.