Invalid Google assistant doesn't work with my voice

NicoCava99

Members
Mar 3, 2022
Hi, since I've installed xiaomi.eu 13.0.9, which is the first xiaomi.eu ROM I've installed (before I had the Chinese ROM, without Google apps) I get this bug when trying to talk to Google assistant. It recognizes my voice but I can't talk with him. It still happens after updating to xiaomi.eu 13.0.10... I've checked online but it seems nobody else got the same problem... My phone is rooted, but this happened even before rooting it. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I have a mi 11 pro

Here's a video of what happens

Last edited:
Then it looks like something is misconfigured on your device. Voice Match doesn't even look like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-23-19-54-04-397_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-19-54-04-397_com.miui.home.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 372
I think if you touch the keyboard icon in the corner it will look like that... I'm not sure tho, could you try please?
You're on the Home screen, the keyboard isn't even supposed to show when you say "Hey Google"...
The keyboard's voice input is intended to convert speech-to-text and write it to a text input field.

I'm assuming that "Assistant" app is package com.google.android.apps.googleassistant.
Why do you have this installed? It's not part of our ROM. You might have made the mistake of restoring a backup from an official Global ROM.
Uninstall it and make sure Google is set as the default assistant:
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (3-dot menu icon) -> Default apps:
1) Voice assistant -> set "Google" for both settings.
2) Assist & voice input -> Digital assistant app -> Google

P.S. if you restored a backup from an official Global ROM, you might encounter other issues, we can't help you with that.

I'm assuming that "Assistant" app is package com.google.android.apps.googleassistant.
Why do you have this installed? It's not part of our ROM. You might have made the mistake of restoring a backup from an official Global ROM.

P.S. if you restored a backup from an official Global ROM, you might encounter other issues, we can't help you with that.
Hi Igor
your good explanation on Google backup issue is what most of us are doing just after getting their phone. [backup to Google]
and nobody pay attention to this point. Why not to add an advice in first page Rom.
It Would clean a lot of related question and avoid you to answer them..
Thanks again for your daily attention.

Reactions: katerpanne

I had just downloaded that app to show you that this happens even using that, nothing more... Btw I ha already checked all those things you said and it's all okay, but this still happens

I had just downloaded that app to show you that this happens even using that, nothing more... Btw I ha already checked all those things you said and it's all okay, but this still happens
Don't have anything else to add, we're not able to reproduce that on any device and I never seen any report like that.

Reactions: drherdman
I have the same issue from the all begining after latest update of miui still doesnt work on my 11 pro. When i am trying to voice match and try to say "ok google" it doesnt want to recognize any voice, but if i blow with air to microphone the bars on screen starts moving. I tried every setting , cleared date on google apps but issue still persist and i cant fix it. Any advice?

Reactions: NicoCava99
Miui china rom 13.0.9.0 at xiaomi12s ultra does not support google assistant hands free option. Plz xiaomi! Fix your terrible miui 13! No wonder they can't beat samsung.

Miui china rom 13.0.9.0 at xiaomi12s ultra does not support google assistant hands free option. Plz xiaomi! Fix your terrible miui 13! No wonder they can't beat samsung.
Uhm... they won't fix it because the device has no Global model, just like using Voice Match while the screen is off is not possible.

Then it looks like something is misconfigured on your device. Voice Match doesn't even look like that.
Kinda off topic but how did you get that look of the Google Assistant. Mine looks like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-15-21-01-39-115_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-15-21-01-39-115_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 177
Hi, since I've installed xiaomi.eu 13.0.9, which is the first xiaomi.eu ROM I've installed (before I had the Chinese ROM, without Google apps) I get this bug when trying to talk to Google assistant. It recognizes my voice but I can't talk with him. It still happens after updating to xiaomi.eu 13.0.10... I've checked online but it seems nobody else got the same problem... My phone is rooted, but this happened even before rooting it. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I have a mi 11 pro

Here's a video of what happens
I might have actually found your problem. Go to Google Assistant settings and General and preferred input. Set that to voice instead of Keyboard

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-15-21-42-50-618_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-15-21-42-50-618_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 337