Resolved Google Maps 2013 Jul 09 crashes

psychoraz

Members
Dec 24, 2012
I'm a Xiaomi Mi2 user, and the latest Google Maps update (via Google Play) is crashing the moment I try to launch it. The Google Maps update was released on 09 July 2013.

I've been trying to create a logcat, but can't get adb to recognize my device, so, no logcat, sorry :(.

Any one else -mi2 user or not- experiecing this crash?

* # * # BUG # * # * and repeat FC... then attach log from MIUI/debug_log here...

I have the same problem with my M2A. Force close on startup. No time to look into it now though...

Edit: Forgot to mention: running 3.7.5 multilang, Installed the explicit 4.1+ version from the androidpolice link, still force closes. Now I'm really of to work... ;-)

ok I found new update also for 4.1+.. will give it a try..

ok FC also for me.. uninstalling update for now..

It fails both in a Samsung Galaxy S and a Nexus 4 (both of them using MIUI 3.7.5 of course).
Nexus 4 MIUI is based in 4.2.2 while SGS MIUI is based in 4.1.2
Same crash in both ( Java.lang.IllegalStateException in line 145) Will try to get more detailed logs.

BTW it works well in CM 10.1.0

The error is saying something about not being able to call the Actionbar while CUSTOM_HEADER_VIEW is enabled... odd..

Also getting a force close with the new google maps on the galaxy note 2.

Update was installed through Google Play

Thanks for the update. Hope you don't feel that I'm pressing you, but will it be an update to the maps app, or a patch for the current MIUI installs?

I don't think we can update Google's Map application :)

We are targeting a fix in MIUI to resolve this.

I don't think we can update Google's Map application :)

We are targeting a fix in MIUI to resolve this.

Haha, no I didn't think you'd be updating Google maps, more that it was a known issue in Google maps that you knew they were working on.

Anyway, thanks for the update, hope you guys can fix it.

He he he u'r too slow :-D or "G" is too fast :-D Looks like there is anew version of maps that works well, just installed it and it runs ok :-D

Yea I tried to install it about an hour ago... crashed. Now I've tried again it works. Seems no revision number change but google did fix something.

tried to install the 4.1.x apk and it FC.
I see no updae from the play store and the default clean install from store is 6.x.x

can you share the working 7.x.x apk?