Google Pay not working anymore

Eclipse1991

Members
Aug 12, 2018
Hello guys, I dont know if i am the only one but I think google has changed the securitycompatibility on gpay. Ive telephoned today ( 20.2.2019) with a women from Google and she told me that in the last days there was a "Securityupdate" on google pay. She could see in her system that my device mi8 has a unlocked bootloader. Therefore I cannot use gpay anymore and gpay shows me "Google Pay is not available in your country anymore". Currently ive installed the weekly 8.8.9 xiaomi.eu rom and my bl is unlocked. Other apps like netflix or pokemom go do work. Does your gpay work and which rom are you using ?I think here is another user who seems to have problems: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=44165&share_fid=73822&share_type=t
The safetynet Check passes without problems.
Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: yaronius and amv869
Otherwise I would not answer, yes I have mi8 (xiaomi eu rom) pay version is the latest one from store (updated 7-02-2019)

Reactions: stathis95194
The question for me is now if I will have the problem now for ever because its saved in the google system that my device is unlocked. I guess I need to update to 10.2 , maybe @ingbrzy does know more. The user @CKBAD told me that its not working for him aswell and he is using a mix2s witg the 10.2 stable.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Same problem. Updated my mi8 to stable 10.2.2 long ago and had perfectly working GPay. Couple days ago it suddenly gave an erorr of (don't remember exactly) "you can not use GPay anymore". After that I've cleared cache of G-services, removed cards from GPay, reinstall GPay … and still "You can't use this your device to pay through GPay. It probably rooted or been changed" (or smth like this, that's loose translation from non-English :))

UPD: never used magisk

Reactions: Eclipse1991
Im installed amazon app store for paid apps. For me this better than unrooted locked google bloatwared phone.

Me too.

With ROM weekly 9.2.21 GPay says: "
Couldn't finish setup to pay in shops
This phone can't be used to pay in shops.

This may be becauseit is rooted or altered in some other way"

My Mi 8 is not rooted i have flashed only .eu 9.2.21 ROM
Of course I have unlocked bootloader but it is necessary to install TWRP and xiaomi.eu rom

Try flashing another kernel that will pass safety net without magisk.
example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/review/standby-drain-t3797947

Backup boot partition before so you can go back, assuming you're using a twrp version that has working nandroid backups (like 3.2.3-1208)

*edit*
It's probably a server side change on googles part
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Idk, i havent tested official myself.
I stopped running througjh twrp versions after finding one that worked(3.2.3-1208 by wsx150)

Feel free to test it out yourself by flashing different MIUI versions and trying to restore backups. :)

Idk, i havent tested official myself.
I stopped running througjh twrp versions after finding one that worked(3.2.3-1208 by wsx150)

Feel free to test it out yourself by flashing different MIUI versions and trying to restore backups. :)

tried shpinx 2.5 kernel without success

Some days ago I experienced same issue. I installed ROM weekly 9.2.21 and also GPay on my Mi 8 with unlocked Bootloader (no root!). No issues at the beginning, I linked my PayPal-account and everything was just fine. I installed some further apps and also flashed a famous Notch Notification Mod. Later I noticed that my PayPal was removed from GPay. By trying to link PayPal again I received error message "You can't use this your device to pay through GPay. It probably rooted or been changed", also other CreditCards couldn't be linked anymore. It was really strange, because I did some different SafetyNet tests and passed them successfully.
So I guess Google noticed somehow that Ichanged the system by flashing the mentioned Mod, but otherwise I don't know why this issue occured.
So I wiped and installed the 10.2.2.0 Stable ROM and flashed or modded nothing else so far. And since then I experienced no issue with GPay...

Last edited:
Some days ago I experienced same issue. I installed ROM weekly 9.2.21 and also GPay on my Mi 8 with unlocked Bootloader (no root!). No issues at the beginning, I linked my PayPal-account and everything was just fine. I installed some further apps and also flashed a famous Notch Notification Mod. Later I noticed that my PayPal was removed from GPay. By trying to link PayPal again I received error message "You can't use this your device to pay through GPay. It probably rooted or been changed", also other CreditCards couldn't be linked anymore.
So I guess Google noticed somehow that Ichanged the system by flashing the mentioned Mod, but otherwise I don't know why this issue occured.
So I wiped and installed the 10.2.2.0 Stable ROM and flashed or modded nothing else so far. And since then I experienced no issue with GPay...

Do you have locked bootloader after install 10.2.2.0 Stable ROM ?

When I was on 10.2.2.0 Global Stable Rom with unlocked boottloader i had to install Magisk to be able to use Google Pay to shops via contactless

So what happend when you just opend GPay App and linked your Cards withot Magisk? Did the issue occure when you actually wanted to pay in a shop?
To be honest, I didn't use GPay in a shop so far, I just wanted to state that this issue happend also to me after I linked my accounts/cards with GPay

So what happend when you just opend GPay App and linked your Cards withot Magisk? Did the issue occure when you actually wanted to pay in a shop?
To be honest, I didn't use GPay in a shop so far, I just wanted to state that this issue happend also to me after I linked my accounts/cards with GPay

Issue occurred when registering your credit card to google pay. The card is registered but the contactless payment setting is not successful

Issue occurred when registering your credit card to google pay. The card is registered but the contactless payment setting is not successful

allright, I'm already a step further than you. So far I added 2 credit-cards one PP-Account and afterwards I registered all of them for contactless payment successfully.

So just out of curiosity I installed Google pay via apk. It's not officially available in my country.

MI 8 on xiaomi.EU 9.2.21 with magisk 18.1
When trying to verify the card that's linked to my Google account it'll fail stating that my device is probably rooted.

Mi pad 4 on xiaomi.EU 9.1.24 with magisk 18.1
When trying to verify the same card I get an error stating that my bank doesn't support this'll feature for my card, which is actually correct. No gpay in Austria.

So yeah this might be a device or rom version issue?

*edit*
Mi 8 also showing no play protect certification in play store settings
Mi pad 4 is play protect certified

Both pass the safety net test in magisk Manager.
Mhm....

Last edited:
Managed to get play protect certification on mi 8 again after clearing all play store data and Uninstalling updates.
Uninstalled and reinstalled magisk, tried to verify card in Google pay again but no luck.
Still play protect certified though..

All,
I have unlocked BL and 10.2.2.0 installed more than month ago, I have no magisk nor any mods and Pay works fine (so far).
so this is not a ROM issue.

I had this problem with global rom before this EU version. but after clean flash it's OK(I hope for good :))