Google Pay not working anymore

When I was on 10.2.2.0 Global Stable Rom with unlocked boottloader i had to install Magisk to be able to use Google Pay to shops via contactless

Btw I'm on Xiaomi EU 10.2.2.0 Stable ROM and not on 10.2.2.0 Global Stable Rom. Afaik GPay will definitely not work with the combination of Global Stable ROM and unlocked Bootloader due to failed SafetyNet

Unfortunately I had the same issue with my mi8 yesterday. Is any way to fix gpay ? Tried to delete all data and reinstall app but it did not help.

Unfortunately I had the same issue with my mi8 yesterday. Is any way to fix gpay ? Tried to delete all data and reinstall app but it did not help.
clean data of Google Pay and Google Play Services app..

Reactions: dznybr
Of course I did it. I had removed data, app, card. But when I try to add card again it shows: "you can't use contactless payment. Your phone is rooted or has other options." I have 10.2.2 stable eu version
Screenshot_2019-03-02-08-06-07-593_com.google.android.gms.png

If you uninstall an app, and then reinstall it, Google will helpfully restore your previous data for you from the cloud backup.

So you have to clear all data anyway.

Unless you tell Google not to restore your app data in the settings.

Settings/Additional settings/backup & restore/ Automatic restore

Just one question. I'm running EU Stabile 10.2.2.0 and can't find Google Play Services App. I can only See Google Play Store App in my list. Is this the App you mean actually?

Thx

Just one question. I'm running EU Stabile 10.2.2.0 and can't find Google Play Services App. I can only See Google Play Store App in my list. Is this the App you mean actually?

Thx

You have to enable "show all apps" in Settings/ manage apps, 3 dots top left right.

Last edited:
I cleaned two apps and turned off automatic restore. It helps. I added card without any trouble. I will check it today in some shop . Thank you and cobben
I have the same problem, but it doesn't work for me :(
Could you describe this point by point?

Automatic restore is turned off
Cache of Google Pay and Google Play services was cleaned. Google Pay was reinstalled.

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_011702.jpg
    IMG_20190303_011702.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_20190303_011640.jpg
    IMG_20190303_011640.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_20190303_011608.jpg
    IMG_20190303_011608.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 649
Reactions: Sheep167
I paid successfully today with gpay and my German Banking app on 9.2.21, the issue just vanished, maybe a background play service upgrade did it.
Magisk 18.1

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

After many unsuccessful attempts, I was able to add new cards to Google Pay. I don`t understand if it helped to me, but last time I have changed phone language from my native Russian to English.

Reactions: Mikhail Petrov
I paid successfully today with gpay and my German Banking app on 9.2.21, the issue just vanished, maybe a background play service upgrade did it.
Magisk 18.1

Regards

Hi, I am also in Germany. Same problem came up yesterday suddenly. I have tried to clean the cache of google play service und reinstall Google pay, still doesn't work. Do you have any idea?

Unfortunately not, im using not the latest version of gpay, it stopped working after 9.2.21, terminal didn't “see“ the phone anymore..

I did not do anything, no clean cache no reinstall..

Yesterday i just thought, let's try again and boom, gpay with rossmann did work, 20 mins later “mobiles bezahlen“ @rewe started working again too..

Weird but it's not the Rom, nor magisk.

Try to fiddle with play services, maybe this will do the trick , sorry for not being able to help more :(

This gpay I'm using:
0e4abcb0366f74b149e50bbbca0581c3.jpg

Settings/Additional settings/backup & restore/ Automatic restore

Got it!
Thanks to cobben and ingbrzy.

After two steps:
1. Settings/Additional settings/backup & restore/ Automatic restore. Turned if off.
2. Cleared all data pf GPay and GPlay Services

Then I reinstall the GPay and added contactless payment option. Didn't check it in a store yet but there is no doubt that it will work!

Thanks again guys.

Hi. Is it possible to solve the problem with gpay? I have the same mistakes. I do not have root, firmware 10.2.2. All the operations I have done. Tnk.

[QUOTE = "dznybr, post: 474928, member: 212774"] Понял!
Благодаря Коббену и Ингбрзи.

После двух шагов:
1. Настройки / Дополнительные настройки / Резервное копирование и восстановление / Автоматическое восстановление. Выключил если выключен.
2. Очистил все данные сервисов GPay и GPlay

Затем я переустановил GPay и добавил опцию бесконтактных платежей. Еще не проверял в магазине, но нет никаких сомнений, что он будет работать!

Еще раз спасибо, ребята. [/ QUOTE]
И в правду помагло!!! Спасибо!

Reactions: blindmaze