Google Play Services Problem

ArnieWood

Members
Jul 16, 2016
So I have spent entire day today trying to sort out some problems with my phone. I started the day with Xiaomi official MIUI 8 global development rom I think. I switched over to china development in order to obtain root access, but it turned out google play services are now terribly broken. After hours and hours of reading and trial and error, I managed to finally install xiaomi.eu latest version, but the same problem prevails.

There is so much detail to everything I've been doing that I feel drowned in it all, and I don't know what is relevant any more.

I installed TWRT using fastboot mode and fastboot command, then I installed latest xiaomi.eu ROM and SuperSU, and it boots to MIUI 8 now, with broken google play services. A friend of mine has, most likely, identical phone (same product from same reseller bought a few weeks earlier) , he managed to install some chinese rom (maybe china telecom something?) via mi flash and fastboot, and then install miui polska (polish custom?) on top of it, and he does not experience any trouble with google play services.

on top of all that, I had the same problems on china development official rom earlier today and I have a feeling that, if software related, they somehow prevailed over my "recovering" of xiaomi.eu version

should I maybe use trwp to wipe all data on the phone clean and only then reinstall xiaomi.eu?
or is it that there is some hardware difference between my and friends Mi4? they are both those white lte versions, we both used lte so I think they are exactly the same? could mine or his be counterfeit? (i doubt so..)
is it that I need to install china telecom rom first?

help me or ask anything you think is relevant and i'll tell you. i spent entire day working on this with little progress (though maybe i learned a bit, at least)

Ok, so another day starts and another attempt. I am now try to work out what's wrong with flashing "cancro_lte_ct_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_cn_fc85899a3f" ROM

I got into the insides of the batch file flash_all.bat, and it turns out the script checks for board_version:

D:\programy\miflash\Google\Android>fastboot getvar product
product: MSM8974
finished. total time: 0.005s

D:\programy\miflash\Google\Android>fastboot getvar board_version
board_version: 4.7
finished. total time: 0.005s

I ran the above commands on my own, and the product is alright, while the board_version is expected to be 4.4. I figured out the "product" is part of CPU code. Upon closer inspection it turns out full code is MSM8974PRO-AC, which is what I expected, except for the "PRO" which is a mystery for me.

But I am searching and can't find a clue as to what board_version means.