Gps Accuracy Since Android 7 Horrible

Lappen

Members
Dec 30, 2017
could someone explain to me, why the gps accuracy is just plain bad since the mi5 got android 7. i tried out almost every rom available and made a few tests allready, but everytime i flash a rom with android 7 the accuracy is at about 10-20 meter. even with a custom gps.conf file. also with lineageos or open andorid rom.

if i flash for example the latest android 6 global rom 8.1.4.0 the accuracy goes down to like 3 meters and stays there for most of the time.

i repeated the process to check if it is repeatable and it always is the same result. doesnt matter which android 7 rom. the latest china dev. the latest global dev. the latest xiaomi eu rom. xiaomi pro rom. as soon as i put one on with android 7 the accuracy is unusable for gps navigation. well it works kinda. but with like 14 meters it often assumes im on another street :(

is that just a gps.conf file or something else?
Yes, it is flashable modified gps.conf.
I got it from xda thread, but I'm for forget that file's thread link.
b0952ad4a449d0fbe0cee76f57e7e901.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is flashable modified gps.conf.
I got it from xda thread, but I'm for forget that file's thread link.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

thank you for the info, but i think i already tried that gps.conf from xda and it didnt really improve my accuracy.

Ok latest dev by eu I get 7-8 accuracy meters. But you are right, It is mediocre on android 7. Did you try any Oreo ROM?

yes i installed linageos 15 like 1 month ago or so. doesnt look any better there either as far as i can remember

I have installed the modified config file for testing purposes. Now I get 5 accuracy meters. Give a try.
hi, i tried it out just now. it got down to like 5m like yours, but then it just suddenly went up to like 14 and stayed there. gonna test it the next days a few more times to see if that behaviour is normal or not

The latest stable has Asian timeservers vs. EU ones activated in gps.conf, after activating EU ones and rebooting, I am now getting around 7-8m vs. 20m with Asian ones.

Not sure why it makes such a difference, aren't those only there to synchronize your clock? In any case, I'm assuming that's what the gps.conf from xda is doing as well. If you're not in the EU, you'll probably have to activate the time servers that are closest to you geographically.

Simply remove the # in front of the line you want to activate, and put # in front of the line you want to disable. Only one SERVER line should be active at a time, otherwise the last one overwrites the rest