Redmi K20 to Mi 9T conversion patch (MIUI 11 & 12 Android 10)

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello every Mi 9T/Redmi K20 users!

With elements given by @LeonardoBordin from XDA Forum and https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-k20-pro-to-mi-9t-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11.53597/, here's some "all-in-one" TWRP zip packages to convert your phone's model from "Redmi K20 "to "Xiaomi Mi 9T".

UPDATE: You don't need to install this patch anymore since 20.6.4 weekly xiaomi.eu ROM update!

IMPORTANT:

- If you already installed "Universal" patch and if your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing a ROM update or reflashing your current ROM. (EDIT: No need to reinstall "Universal" patch since 21.1.13!)
=> You need to install the "Universal" patch to be able to boot.

- To completely avoid a possible "only boot to Recovery" issue explained previously, you must always use "Safe" patch version but you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM.

- So, it's recommended to flash "Universal" patch after each ROM update. :p

- You CAN'T install a previous "Universal" version over a more recent one, you will still only boot to Recovery.

"Safe" version -v1.2.12.4- (MIUI 12 boot animation) & -v1.2.11.4- (MIUI 11 boot animation)

- Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 Android 10 ROM -

== MIUI 12 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v1.2.12.4_Safe_Conversion.zip

== MIUI 11 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v1.2.11.4_Safe_Conversion.zip

Changelog for "Safe" v1.x:
- v1.2.12: Use MIUI 12 "Beta" boot animation
- v1.2: Fix writing in System partition (in a specific case)
- v1.1: Fix MIUI Camera sounds (focus & shutter)
- v1.0: Initial release - "Safe" v1.x don't use fingerprint build & security patch date info from latest Official Global MIUI ROM

--------------------------------

Minimal "Safe" version v1.0

* Only change device name model *

TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v1.0_Minimal_Safe_Conversion.zip

Main changes:

- Redmi logo was replaced with "Mi" logo.
- Redmi/MIUI boot animation has been replaced with "Mi" boot animation (use: MIUI 11 boot animation).
- Redmi/Mi boot animation has been replaced with "MIUI" boot animation (use: MIUI 12 boot animation).
- Device model has been replaced as "Mi 9T".
- Camera Watermark displays "Mi 9T".
- Media volume steps is set to stock (15 steps instead of 30).

Please try and comment. :)

== Use it at your own risks (backup first) ==

Steps to follow:

Use Official or OrangeFox TWRP

1) Download one conversion patch zip file you want and put this file in root of your phone's storage.

2) Boot to TWRP Recovery.

3) Go to "Install" menu and find & select your previously downloaded zip file.

4) Do NOT tick "Reboot after installation" option!

5) Flash it.

6) After flashing, click on "Wipe Dalvik&Cache" button and do the wipe.

7) Reboot and enjoy!

;)

If you used "Universal" patch before, you need to update the security patch date and fingerprint build info to be able to boot. So you can continue to install "Universal" patch or you can install this zip in TWRP to fix it
=> TWRP_DAVINCI_12.0.1.0_Global_ROM_info.zip (Updated: Fix Google Pay)

=== "Universal" patch (v20.5.1) ===
* Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 Android 10 ROM *

- MIUI 12 Boot Animation -
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_MIUI_12_Universal_v20.5.1_Conversion.zip

- MIUI 11 Boot Animation -
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_MIUI_11_Universal_v20.5.1_Conversion.zip

INFO: Universal patch checks ROM info (Security patch date info) and automatically apply the best choice to avoid bootloop after installation!

Changelog for "Universal" v20.5:

- v20.5.1: Fix Google Pay (NFC payments)

- Version number is now in "YY.M" date format (based on the security patch date info)
- New logo.img from MIUI 12 Official Global "Beta" ROM

This "Universal" patch will use V12.0.1.0.QFJMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info when possible

IMPORTANT:

- If you already installed "Actual" version and if your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing a ROM update
=> You will need to flash the "Actual" patch version to be able to boot.

- If your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing "Actual" version, it means your current ROM version is using a more recent Android security patch date info than "Actual" patch version
=> You will need to reflash your current ROM in TWRP and use "Safe" version (until a new "Actual" patch version is available/released).

- To avoid bootloop issues, you can use "Safe" version but you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM.

Also, you can NOT use a previous "Actual" patch version or use "Safe" version if the Android security patch date info of your current ROM is older than your last "Actual" patch you used.

"Actual" version -v20.3.12.4- (MIUI 12 boot animation) & -v20.3.11.4- (MIUI 11 boot animation)
(v20.3.x = 2020-03-01 | Security patch date info)

- Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 Android 10 ROM -

== MIUI 12 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v20.3.12.4_Conversion.zip

== MIUI 11 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v20.3.11.4_Conversion.zip

Changelog for v20.3.12:
- Use MIUI 12 "Beta" boot animation

Changelog for v20.3:
- Use V11.0.5.0.QFJMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info

Changelog for v4.x:
- v4.5: Fix writing in System partition (in a specific case)
- v4.4: Fix MIUI Camera sounds (focus & shutter)
- v4.3: Better "mount" partitions feature to avoid writing issues
- v4.2: Fix 'bootanimation.zip" file installation
- v4.1: Minor changes
- v4.0: Initial release - v4.x use V11.0.4.0.QFJMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info

Last edited:
v2 update uploaded:
- Changed fingerprint build to latest MIUI 11 Android 10 Global ROM.
- Updated Widevine L1 patch

Reactions: LOLO9393
I can't change something working... sorry. :)
the opening image has changed, but the opening animation, the device model and the camera flare have not changed. Sorry if there is an error I am using Yandex translation.

the opening image has changed, but the opening animation, the device model and the camera flare have not changed. Sorry if there is an error I am using Yandex translation.
Please follow steps given at the bottom of the first message. ;)

even if i use the steps in the first post the boot animation stull shows redmi
The modell and camera is working also widvine l1 is right but boot animation not.

Still L3 and K20 camera watermark
11.0.2.0 Stable .EU ROM

Last edited:
Still L3 and K20 camera watermark
11.0.2.0 Stable .EU ROM
Do you check Widevine level with "DRM Info" or not? Check with this app first.
Widevine still L3 => Try to flash Widevine L1 Patch (v2) alone => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-others-widevine-is-l3-now.53778/post-522763
If not working, your Mi 9T device has a broken "Persist" partition and AFAIK it can't be fixed...

For Camera watermarks, please show here all PNG files you have in "/data/data/com.android.camera/files/" directory (using "Solid Explorer" app with Root or TWRP File Manager).

:)

Hi,
I am on WEEKLY 20.1.21 v3 Android 10 and I think I have to use this patch "TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v2_Conversion.zip"...
But Must to be rooted?
(I have unlocked phone not rooted)

TX

Do you check Widevine level with "DRM Info" or not? Check with this app first.
Widevine still L3 => Try to flash Widevine L1 Patch (v2) alone => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-others-widevine-is-l3-now.53778/post-522763
If not working, your Mi 9T device has a broken "Persist" partition and AFAIK it can't be fixed...

For Camera watermarks, please show here all PNG files you have in "/data/data/com.android.camera/files/" directory (using "Solid Explorer" app with Root or TWRP File Manager).

My fault
I'm using Redmi K20

I've applied this patch to 11.0.4.0 stable and now my phone doesn't boot into system anymore. It just keeps on booting into recovery.

I've applied this patch to 11.0.4.0 stable and now my phone doesn't boot into system anymore. It just keeps on booting into recovery.
Which TWRP (and version) do you use? (if you replaced it)
Follow installation steps carefully, you can also try "v2" patch too.
Also, can you reflash the ROM and tell me the security patch date in 'Settings' > 'My device' > 'All specs'? Thanks. :)

I am using the official TWRP version 3.3.1-0. I also followed the instructions step by step. I now reflashed the 11.0.4.0 ROM and it is security patch 2020-01-01.

I am using the official TWRP version 3.3.1-0. I also followed the instructions step by step. I now reflashed the 11.0.4.0 ROM and it is security patch 2020-01-01.
For me, I can't boot to system after each ROM update if I don't apply the patch... ^^

I don't remember if I applied the patch directly after formatting data/clean flashing in TWRP.

Last edited: