New GPS issue

Alexander901

Members
May 26, 2014
Mi3 WCDMA
4.12.26 Norwegian translation

Whenever I start the GPS, I get an error message. It also occurs when I use apps that want access to my position. It has been like this for several months now. It was around the time of V6 that I noticed it.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error receiving broadcast Intent { act=android.location.GPS_ENABLED_CHANGE flg=0x10 (has extras) } in com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarPolicy$1@42f30130
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:771)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5047)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:806)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: invalid status bar icon slot: gps
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1465)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1419)
at com.android.internal.statusbar.IStatusBarService$Stub$Proxy.setIcon(IStatusBarService.java:390)
at android.app.StatusBarManager.setIcon(StatusBarManager.java:155)
at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarPolicy.updateGps(PhoneStatusBarPolicy.java:549)
at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarPolicy.access$1000(PhoneStatusBarPolicy.java:59)
at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarPolicy$1.onReceive(PhoneStatusBarPolicy.java:172)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:761)
... 9 more

Not sure what the "9 more" refers to, but that is what I have...

PS: I also have a bug where whenever I miss a call (too late to answer it) the phone becomes unresponsive. The blue led light is active, indicating a missed call, but whatever button I press, no response. The screen is black the whole time until I do a reboot. When it boots up, I am immediately taken to a bug report, but I am not able to copy it or submit it, because whatever I press, I get taken to insert pin code. After inputting my PIN and being taken back to the bug report, I can only see it for a second or two before I am magically taken to the home screen. I tried to find the bug report from the hardware test menu, but all I got was this huge text file with way too much text in it.... Any tips appreciated!

Last edited: