GPS working??

sk90y

Members
Oct 14, 2013
i've tried the gps on stock miui v4, v5 and mokee OS, slim aosp, aokp... but it either never gets a lock or it takes forever like 3-4 mins to lock..
can anyone explain to me whats the issue, and how it can be fixed..
i've seen this issue on 2 completely different devices bought in with around an year's difference from one and another...

Tried it just now.. Doesn't help..
ZXJEstY.jpg

It'll stay like this until I get frustrated and turn it off

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Try enabling google location services. This needs internet connection.

Strange problem. My GPS working unexpectedly good. Superfast and reliable.

Have you tried it outdoors?

Wajk is recommending "GPS Status & Toolbox" at WIUI thread.

Yes.. I have tried it outdoors and Google location is turned on.. Do I need to send it under warranty?

Damn!!!!! It has never worked for me.. That isn't saying much since I only bought the device like a month ago.. So I would need to take it for checkup under the warranty.. Now that'll be a pain in the ass considering my Chinese is non existing and girlfriend is out of town

I just flashed stock rom so that I can go and show the device to the customer service centre and believe it or not it made the situation worse, now it's not even finding the sats much less getting a lock
drmzdLb.jpg

And as far as trying gps.conf is concerned I haven't.. And now I don't think I can since I don't have superuser permissions at the moment... Do write what they are and how do I use them.. Thanks

The script in this zip make a backup of the original build.prop: / sdcard / backup_build / renaming to build.backup.prop and appended to the build.prop file the following lines:

ro.ril.hsxpa = 2
ro.ril.gprsclass = 10
ro.ril.hep = 1
ro.ril.enable.dtm = 1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category = 10
ro.ril.enable.a53 = 1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix = 1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask = 4294967295
ro.ril.htcmaskw1 = 14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category = 5

If you do not have the CWM Recovery and have activated root permissions , these tweaks are compatible with any device and any rom if you follow these steps to add it by hand :

Make a copy of build.prop in sdcard and rename it to build.backup.prop . In this way you will save the original if you want to restore .
Make another copy and rename not , being a text file you can modify it by adding the lines with tweaks after the last line that is written in the original file , leaving a blank line at the end of the file.
Move the modified build.prop where is the original in / system / replacing .
Change her permissions to rw -r - r -.
To change the permissions with root explorer : You let down the file, select "Permissions" from the context menu that opens, and there to leave with rw -rr , you have to put - > In reading marked the three boxes have owner, group and others, and writing single owner.
You restart .

WARNING , this change by hand if not done properly can be assumed that the device will not boot and you have to reinstall the rom.

HOLY MONKEY BALL!!!
thanks a ton for the buildprop tip.. worked like a charm... i installed the aries kitkat 4.4, gps wasnt working at all.. then i did your tweak, and got a lock in less than 5 seconds.... amazing...
and there is an easierway just download a small builprop editor app from playstore :p

anyways.. thanks a ton mate..

Last edited: