[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

holowins

Members
Mar 2, 2018
Hi all,
does installing xiaomi.eu rom is impacting NFC payment (google pay, bank app etc) as bootloader need to be unlocked?

steelcow

Members
Apr 22, 2021
What if I want to revert back to older rom?eg. flash from V12.5.2 stable to V12.0.8 stable or weekly (newer) to weekly (older). Do I need to run update_rom script in older rom folder or first_install_with_data_format in older rom folder?

Sent from my M2012K11AC using Tapatalk

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
What if I want to revert back to older rom?eg. flash from V12.5.2 stable to V12.0.8 stable or weekly (newer) to weekly (older). Do I need to run update_rom script in older rom folder or first_install_with_data_format in older rom folder?
"first_install_with_data_format" is always recommended when downgrading. ;)

Reactions: steelcow

likwix

Members
Apr 11, 2021
Hello,

Today I tried to update my HMK40_POCOF3_ROM V12.0.8.0 --> HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.
But I run into a bootloop in the recovery menu...

I'd like to avoid to loose my data storage...

[Edit]
I tried to downgrade back to V12.5.2.0, but I ran in the same issue

Last edited:

likwix

Members
Apr 11, 2021
Hello everyone!

So to solve that issue, I had first to reinstall the chinese ROM (MiFlash) V12.0.8.0 (the 12.5.2.0 didn't worked). I had some "no catch checkpoint" errors, but it eventually worked the 3d time (still with the same error, but it rebooted the system sucessfully). Then I updated the Chinese ROM --> V12.5.2.0 with the system updater. After that I've been able to reflash the EU ROM V12.5.2.0 (first install).

Now I've lost my user data :'(

How can I make sure to avoid such a pain in the future?
Will we be able to use the system update feature to update to the lastest EU ROM version?

ephestione

Members
Apr 23, 2021
My take is to keep the stable rom zip that I flashed until twrp is available and I can do a android backup, THEN I might play with updating the system.
Is there an equivalent of android that can be ran and restored with fastboot?

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021
my reason is to record calls, more features and MIUI 12.5 with xiaomi apps instead of google apps

The battery is not my problem.

I am sorry for my bad English

Reactions: Poney70