[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

hi, anyone successfully update from HMK40_POCOF3_ROM V12.0.8.0 to HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM ?
Didn't work for me, I got a bootloop. You should wipe data/cache (first_install_with_data_format) and install v12.5.2.0 directly. After that you can just update to newer versions.

Can I flash the current Weekly over the Stabile 12.5 as an upgrade or do I have to flash with format data?

Can I flash the current Weekly over the Stabile 12.5 as an upgrade or do I have to flash with format data?
It's always recommended to format data, you can try without format data but if your device doesn't boot you will have to re-flash the Stable ROM (without format data) or re-flash the Weekly ROM with format data. ;)

Hi, will there be an updated on how to update from 21.4.28 to 21.5.2 because there is no flashboot update method now, only alpha twrp which I don't know how to flash using that

Hi, will there be an updated on how to update from 21.4.28 to 21.5.2 because there is no flashboot update method now, only alpha twrp which I don't know how to flash using that
update is easy:
download latest 3.5.1 TWRP and boot on it via your computer .
Once in TWRP install latest rom zip.
Reboot system (take longer than usual) and tht's all.
Twrp will be flashed and ready for next OTA.

update is easy:
Hello there,
This morning, I've flashed stable release xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip using
"windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh".
It went OK and successfully booted to MIUI 12.5.
Following the quote, I've tried to update to latest weekly (given the updater doesn't work) (MIUI 12.6) :
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip

For this, I've copy/paste the zip to device storage and I have restarted the device in fastboot mode.
Then,
Code:
fastboot boot "TWRP-3.5.1-alioth-Nebrassy-2(1).img"

I just installed the zip using "Install", nothing else and gave a reboot to "System" after.
Now, after showing "POCO" logo, it's bootlooping to TWRP.

Any advice, please, or could you explain what I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks

Hello,

Nothing wrong, you just forgot that you have to use the "Format Data" button in TWRP, in "Wipe" menu (=clean install). ;)

If it still doesn't boot to system, you should try to flash the stock recovery for your device, boot in it then do a "Wipe Data" and reboot.

:)
Thank you, it's working now (without the need to flash stock recovery).

One more question, though : why do I need to format data ? Upgrading xiaomi.eu ROMs is supposed to be dirty flash, isn't it ? Or is it moving from 12.5 to 12.6 which requires it ?

Thank you, it's working now (without the need to flash stock recovery).

One more question, though : why do I need to format data ? Upgrading xiaomi.eu ROMs is supposed to be dirty flash, isn't it ? Or is it moving from 12.5 to 12.6 which requires it ?
It's not because you are moving to 12.6 from 12.5. ;)

Without entering in details, it's because Xiaomi.eu is modifying "/system/build.prop" file in Weekly ROMs to pass the Google/SafetyNet certification (because China Beta ROMs by Xiaomi are never certified) and this modification may block the boot when you are coming from a recent Stable ROM version (dirty flashed the latest Weekly ROM).

:)

Reactions: minotavros
Hello there,
This morning, I've flashed stable release xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip using
"windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh".
It went OK and successfully booted to MIUI 12.5.
Following the quote, I've tried to update to latest weekly (given the updater doesn't work) (MIUI 12.6) :
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.5.12_v12-11.zip

For this, I've copy/paste the zip to device storage and I have restarted the device in fastboot mode.
Then,
Code:
fastboot boot "TWRP-3.5.1-alioth-Nebrassy-2(1).img"

I just installed the zip using "Install", nothing else and gave a reboot to "System" after.
Now, after showing "POCO" logo, it's bootlooping to TWRP.

Any advice, please, or could you explain what I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks
Utilise fastboot boot twrp name.img.
Le téléphone va bouter en TWRP et après format data, simplement recharger le zip de la rom en mémoire et l'installer.
Bon casse croute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use fastboot boot twrp name.img.
The phone will start in TWRP and after data format, simply reload the zip of the rom in memory and install it.
Good snack.

Reactions: minotavros
cant help me stuck on first install writing cust... finish.... and dont go next step....poco f3
Interesting to know what you have done before.
Anyway if fastboot installation doesn't fit, you can install latest rom via TWRP, as related here and then.

When there is an update for POCO F3, you need to fix a bug with the curtain, it should move with one swipe up, the optimization is bad

TWRP original or mod ?
12.5.0.2 to 12.5.0.3 ?
Use TWRP 3.5.1 available at download link here.
Don't flash it.
Just do: fastboot boot "twrp.img" in Fastboot mode and install latest stable from download link.
If you are still on Stock rom, don't forget to format data and reload the rom zip in the phone memory.

Reactions: Poney70
Use TWRP 3.5.1 available at download link here.
Don't flash it.
Just do: fastboot boot "twrp.img" in Fastboot mode and install latest stable from download link.
If you are still on Stock rom, don't forget to format data and reload the rom zip in the phone memory.
where link

update is easy:
I'm on eu stable 12.5.2 and I want to update to 12.5.3. I've downloaded latest twrp and I've also downloaded and copy the zip stable rom on internal memory. But when I boot to twrp via pc, I can't find the zip file. Twrp probably doesn't see my internal memory?