[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

I've never noticied that redmi k40 has A/B partitions, i've unlocked the phone and flashed the recovery phone with the latest aplha recovery and formatted data, anyway the internal memory wasn't writable, and i've picked up a USB-C pen and trasfered the rom inside it.
I'm flashing from the USB... Before i've tried to flash the stock rom with no positive result, because the flash via fastboot takes 0s, and the fastboot flash from twrp takes over 1200s going in timeout.

Finger crossed from me :D

Edit: All worked fine, but please help me to understood, if i don't have a usb-c pen how could i exit from that "dead-end"
You mean that you try to install official rom with mi flash tool without results?

From Poco F3 via Tapatalk

Reactions: LOLO9393
I have installed the version 12.5.02 on my devices (Poco F3) throught fastboot. Now, I need update new version 12.5.03, but the privious vesion not have TWRP - Can not update throught OTA or ZIP file.
So kindly support me to guide the way install the new update without lose the data.

I have installed the version 12.5.02 on my devices (Poco F3) throught fastboot. Now, I need update new version 12.5.03, but the privious vesion not have TWRP - Can not update throught OTA or ZIP file.
So kindly support me to guide the way install the new update without lose the data.
You'll need to download the twrp version available (this one), and rename it to «twrp.img»
then open a CMD dialog box
enter "fastboot boot twrp.img" --> twrp will be uploaded to the device (not installed), and booted
then upload the 12.5.3.0 rom to the phones memory (or use an OTG dongle with a USB stick with the rom on it)
then press install on twrp and select the new ROM

And you're done.

Last edited:
You mean that you try to install official rom with mi flash tool without results?

Yes, I'm sure that it's something that I've missed, but the procedure is almost simple...
Anyway my question is, once flashed twrp and formatted data, what I should have done without internal storage access?

Regards

You'll need to download the twrp version available (this one), and rename it to «twrp.img»
then open a CMD dialog box
enter "fastboot boot twrp.img" --> twrp will be uploaded to the device (not installed), and booted
then upload the 12.5.3.0 rom to the phones memory (or use an OTG dongle with a USB stick with the rom on it)
then press install on twrp and select the new ROM

And you're done.
I did it and successful. Thank for your support!

Hi,
I am currently stuck in bootloop. Tried to Install the Xiaomi.eu Rom via the fastboot method described in the first post here. Everything worked fine until it rebooted. Nothing happened Form 30 minutes, just the "POCO" loading Screen. Now I can't do anything, it always goes back to the fastboot screen. Even the mi tool Option to unbrick the Phone gives me an error when trying to flash "super". Anyone got any Idea? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I am currently stuck in bootloop. Tried to Install the Xiaomi.eu Rom via the fastboot method described in the first post here. Everything worked fine until it rebooted. Nothing happened Form 30 minutes, just the "POCO" loading Screen. Now I can't do anything, it always goes back to the fastboot screen. Even the mi tool Option to unbrick the Phone gives me an error when trying to flash "super". Anyone got any Idea? Thanks in advance.
Difficult to see your situation..
You still have fastboot, try to boot in latest TWRP and check if it is possible to do something more from it.

Difficult to see your situation..
You still have fastboot, try to boot in latest TWRP and check if it is possible to do something more from it.
I can load the latest TWRP but it does not seem to be installed, no matter what I try. I also get a lot of errors like "could not load vendor" and when I try to push an image to sdcard via fastboot command, it stops at some point and tells me there`s not enough space. I am absolutely clueless on what to do now.

I can load the latest TWRP but it does not seem to be installed, no matter what I try. I also get a lot of errors like "could not load vendor" and when I try to push an image to sdcard via fastboot command, it stops at some point and tells me there`s not enough space. I am absolutely clueless on what to do now.
Maybe a faulty USB cable. ;)

Can you boot in the stock recovery and "Wipe Data" in it?

Please help. POCO F3
Tried to flash the fastboot version from this thread
Bootloader is unlocked.

And here is the error message:

[f2fs_init_sit_area: 556] Filling sit area at offset 0x00600000
D:\21317\platform-tools-windows/make_f2fs failed: 3221225477
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata

I managed to install the FB ROM alioth_global_images_V12.0.3.0.RKHMIXM_20210416.0000.00_11.0_global
What was the mistake?

I have now tried the FB version 21.4.29 and see at least already the MIUI logo

Last edited:
Please help. POCO F3
Tried to flash the fastboot version from this thread
Bootloader is unlocked.

And here is the error message:

[f2fs_init_sit_area: 556] Filling sit area at offset 0x00600000
D:\21317\platform-tools-windows/make_f2fs failed: 3221225477
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata

I managed to install the FB ROM alioth_global_images_V12.0.3.0.RKHMIXM_20210416.0000.00_11.0_global
What was the mistake?

I have now tried the FB version 21.4.29 and see at least already the MIUI logo
I think because anti roll back.

Reactions: beicuxhaven
Hello :)

For this recent device, you can't flash TWRP via fastboot but just boot TWRP. ;)

Here are my recommended steps:

1) Boot to stock Recovery and "Wipe Data" [ Do NOT let your phone boot into system after the wipe! => Hold (ASAP) " Vol - " and " Power " buttons simultaneously in order to boot in Fastboot mode ]
2) Boot TWRP (do NOT flash TWRP)
3) Put Xiaomi.eu in internal storage and flash it
4) Reboot your device and voilà!
Hello much friands, tonight at midninght i Will be at 168 hours... so I will unlock and the put the Xiaomi EU.. newest weekly for moi 11 ultra star that came out yesterday .. now only 1 step i need confirming: to just boot into TWRP and not flash it .. do we have the steps I should follow ? Please and thank you as always.

Hello much friands, tonight at midninght i Will be at 168 hours... so I will unlock and the put the Xiaomi EU.. newest weekly for moi 11 ultra star that came out yesterday .. now only 1 step i need confirming: to just boot into TWRP and not flash it .. do we have the steps I should follow ? Please and thank you as always.
Hello :)

It has already been answered multiple times here. ^^

Simply use this fastboot command => fastboot boot twrp.img

;)

Reactions: LOLO9393
Please take care to post in the right topic. mi11 ultra?
And better not to pollute and flood like you are doing with irrelevant post!

It's always recommended to format data, you can try without format data but if your device doesn't boot you will have to re-flash the Stable ROM (without format data) or re-flash the Weekly ROM with format data. ;)

Which order? Boot in TWRP, then Format Data and install the Weekly or first install Weekly and then Format Data? Thanks for the answer.

Which order? Boot in TWRP, then Format Data and install the Weekly or first install Weekly and then Format Data? Thanks for the answer.
From stock rom you are forced to format data once in twrp, before doing anything else, because you can't load the rom zip in memory.
Clarify your situation.

Reactions: Thommy
From stock rom you are forced to format data once in twrp, before doing anything else, because you can't load the rom zip in memory.
Clarify your situation.

I am already on the stable xiaomi.eu and would like to switch to the weekly.

I am already on the stable xiaomi.eu and would like to switch to the weekly.
WHY?
Any reason? that's your right, but you must format data before flashing stable.
It might be possible to do it without but clean install is better.
EDIT: You are old boy here, why do you ask for that?

Reactions: Thommy
WHY?
Any reason? that's your right, but you must format data before flashing stable.
It might be possible to do it without but clean install is better.
EDIT: You are old boy here, why do you ask for that?

Yeah, I'm an old boy here already. But so far I have never switched from stable to weekly. Always been on Weekly from the start. That's why I prefer to ask again if I'm a little unsure.

Hi guys. I'm using poco f3 and currently on miui.eu v12.5.3 RKHCNXM stable. Can i downgrade to v12.5.2 RKHCNXM stable without losing my data by flash windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat?

Hi guys. I'm using poco f3 and currently on miui.eu v12.5.3 RKHCNXM stable. Can i downgrade to v12.5.2 RKHCNXM stable without losing my data by flash windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat?
Hello, you can't downgrade to v12.5.2 without formatting data. ;)

Yesterday unlock my bootloader and installed latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom without any problem.
For those who confused correct steps I follow these steps and successfully installed rom.

1. Unlock bootloader. Then when the phone reboot and ask for miui password, powered off my device and go to fastboot mode again.
2. Boot to twrp as described here until step 4.

3. Then press on home button(not reboot to twrp) in twrp and installed latest weekly rom zip.

4. After flash finishing go back and choose "format data"

5. Reboot to system and after 5 minutes the device booted on new rom.
Also as I can see the twrp remains after installation new rom

Poco F3 via Tapatalk

Reactions: steelcow