[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Hello, i've looking for last version of rom, so I found a fastboot version 20.9.3 and last version 20.9.24 but without fastboot... so how I can have the last version? After unlocking bootloader, I must install the 20.9.3 and then run an update to 20.9.24, is it right? Thanks
You don't need to use fastboot method anymore. Just install TWRP and then install the weekly or stable ROM (you can choose one you prefer). If you look at the two steps before post, you can find the PDF manual by one of the great community friends

Reactions: 7wolf
You don't need to use fastboot method anymore. Just install TWRP and then install the weekly or stable ROM (you can choose one you prefer). If you look at the two steps before post, you can find the PDF manual by one of the great community friends
Wonderful, thanks a lot!
I've dowloaded it, but I thought it was a generic guide, not specifically for mi 10 ultra! So thanks a lot also to the author! ヽ(*^㉨^)人(^㉨^*)ノ

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zencooler
Hello, i've looking for last version of rom, so I found a fastboot version 20.9.3 and last version 20.9.24 but without fastboot... so how I can have the last version? After unlocking bootloader, I must install the 20.9.3 and then run an update to 20.9.24, is it right? Thanks

No… fastbootversion coz there was no twrp for the phone model. Now there should be a twrp version available.

Install twrp and then flash 20.9.24 within twrp.

But before make a backup of your data, before you flash the rom, you have to format data within twrp. Not only wipe!

The next updates can then be flashed within twrp without format data in 99% of the cases.

And yes it is generic but it doesnt matter…

Hey fellas, so one more to the latest nightly Eu rom :D
just to confirm, on the default camera app, on the photo tab, only shows the 0.5, 1 and 2 times camera, and not the 5 times, that shows only in video and pro mode right?

just to confirm, on the default camera app, on the photo tab, only shows the 0.5, 1 and 2 times camera, and not the 5 times, that shows only in video and pro mode right?

if you enlarge with 2 fingers over 2x, apperas also 5x 10x and120x on my just installed rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.24_v12-10.

Reactions: bigbosspt
Thanks to everyone for the puseful information, and of course, xiaomi.eu for the wonderful rom!!!
I've only a problem with Google Pay and the safenet check...
I've found some solution online, but not specifically for Mi 10 Ultra.
Anyone have resolved this issue? Could you share a link please?
thanks in advance

There's indeed three buttons, but pressing the already selected one brings up 6 buttons - 0.5X - 1X - 2X - 5X - 10X - 120X - and a nice slider underneath to slide to any position inbetween 0.5X and 120X. The app dynamically switches to a different camera lens depending on the focus point. So going from 0.5X (ultra wide) upwards, when focussing at a normal to far away distance, it will switch to the regular main camera at 1X, the portrait camera at 2X and the zoom lens at 5X and above. But when focussing nearby (a 'close focus' message appears on screen), it will digitally zoom with the ultra wide from 0.5X up to 2X and only then switch to the main camera, which it keeps using up to 20X and then switches to the zoom lens (which is not so good at taking close focus shots, as was to be expected :)).

Reactions: bigbosspt and 7wolf
if you enlarge with 2 fingers over 2x, apperas also 5x 10x and120x on my just installed rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_20.9.24_v12-10.

There's indeed three buttons, but pressing the already selected one brings up 6 buttons - 0.5X - 1X - 2X - 5X - 10X - 120X - and a nice slider underneath to slide to any position inbetween 0.5X and 120X. The app dynamically switches to a different camera lens depending on the focus point. So going from 0.5X (ultra wide) upwards, when focussing at a normal to far away distance, it will switch to the regular main camera at 1X, the portrait camera at 2X and the zoom lens at 5X and above. But when focussing nearby (a 'close focus' message appears on screen), it will digitally zoom with the ultra wide from 0.5X up to 2X and only then switch to the main camera, which it keeps using up to 20X and then switches to the zoom lens (which is not so good at taking close focus shots, as was to be expected :)).

Thank you for your help, it was indeed a noob question that 10 min after this posting i found out by accident how to switch :D
So far, no problems to report !

Hey ive installed this rom and all looking good except google pay isn't working so can't add cards - anyone know how to resolve this? safetynet is failing on CTS profile match. Cheers

Hey ive installed this rom and all looking good except google pay isn't working so can't add cards - anyone know how to resolve this? safetynet is failing on CTS profile match. Cheers
Activate MagiskHide

Get the module MagiskHide Props Config

Check safetynet

Hide google pay from root

ec2e9ee11422149b61ceb1b9d0e766f1.jpg
2fd1d1eb396824b212a28554c82527ff.jpg
6c41d031a2d1ad78f525664218e3749e.jpg
5d31261dfaf81dba84571f7d40c50db9.jpg

Skickat från min Mi 10 Pro via Tapatalk
861b78fdf07732d68b198dc856307153.jpg

Activate MagiskHide

Check safetynet

I have Magisk Hide installed. But my CTS still failed.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Activate MagiskHide

Check safetynet

Perhaps I misisng something?
bb0e213672678a0361a221177909a67a.jpg

Inviato dal mio M2007J1SC utilizzando Tapatalk

Check out this post on XDA where a change of prop file made a difference
Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting post!
I cannot find the part: "and I changed my fingerprint to prop to the Pixel 4xls"
Do you know where I can change this setting?

Inviato dal mio M2007J1SC utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Mark F,

I followed your instruction to install the EU Rom but after each restart the TWRP will be overwritten by the standard recovery.
I reboot from TWRP into recovery and the phone reboot into TWRP but if I performed a normal system reboot and try after this to reboot into TWRP, i just reboot in standard recovery.
I tried to rename or delete install-recovery.sh but without succes. Any idea whats went wrong?
Thanks for your discription.

Best Regards,
d_blue

Flash twrp when you are ready to flash your EU ROM, it should not then over flash. It sounds like you are just rebooting back in to stock ROM. I did have this too but I flashed twrp and the EU ROM and had no further issues.

Flash twrp when you are ready to flash your EU ROM, it should not then over flash. It sounds like you are just rebooting back in to stock ROM. I did have this too but I flashed twrp and the EU ROM and had no further issues.

Good moorning Mark F,

But does twrp exist? as I see that at the beginning of the post in the published guide it says that they will continue to update fastboot until there is twrp for cas .... I don't understand anything sorry.

Your contribution would be of great help.

Thanks.

Yes, the twrp does say mi 10 pro when installed but it is or does work in 10 ultra. I am not sure if they are the same or slightly modded for the ultra.
Only the very first ROMs from Xiaomi.EU were formatted for fastboot install as there was no twrp for 10 ultra at that time. It came to light the following week. All following ROMs are in the twrp flash format. You can easily tell, just extract or open the downloaded ROM and take a look at the difference, there are no PC tools folders or bat scripts in the twrp version.

Yes, the twrp does say mi 10 pro when installed but it is or does work in 10 ultra. I am not sure if they are the same or slightly modded for the ultra.
Only the very first ROMs from Xiaomi.EU were formatted for fastboot install as there was no twrp for 10 ultra at that time. It came to light the following week. All following ROMs are in the twrp flash format. You can easily tell, just extract or open the downloaded ROM and take a look at the difference, there are no PC tools folders or bat scripts in the twrp version.

Thanks again

Reactions: Mark F

Hi Mark,
many thanks for your advice, which solved my issue and yes, your are right I had the stock chinese ROM at the phone.
Maybe you want to adjust your flashing guide, in the guide is written after TWRP flashing and before ROM flashing "You can reboot now if you wish to make sure your phone is OK". Obviously not many follow these instructions in detail.
I'm just one the user who try to follow step by step the instructions in order not to bother people like you with questions which are belong to not follow the instructions.
Anyway the first impression with the EU ROM is great, many thanks for your support and flashing instruction.
Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
d_blue

Thanks for letting me know. Yes of course if you reboot before flashing is dose do exactly what you found. It is sometimes difficult to remember every step that you done afterwards as without going right back to the start, you can't always replicate it all.
I will change that line and add it once done to this post for future reference and I can then attach it amended to further posts.
Many thanks for your time and help too. All the best and enjoy your mi 10 Ultra as I do.

Edit: revised flashing and twrp guide attached

Attachments

• flashing and twrp guide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot and 7wolf
I cant seem to get my APN settings to work. Whenever I try and make a new APN, it just crashes. It says, "com.android.phone keeps stopping". Any work around for this?

Also, when trying to update via fastboot, my Linux PC inst recognizing the script. I dont have TWRP, just using fastboot.

I cant seem to get my APN settings to work. Whenever I try and make a new APN, it just crashes. It says, "com.android.phone keeps stopping". Any work around for this?

Also, when trying to update via fastboot, my Linux PC inst recognizing the script. I dont have TWRP, just using fastboot.
Have already flashed the first EU ROM? Fastboot method was only for the first version. If you have this, then you need to flash and use TWRP for all other versions onwards.
As for the APN settings, have you added it to the bugs thread?