[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Does 12.1.1.0 allows Google Pay for Mi 10 Ultra? I wasn't able to add credit card info on 12.0.14.0

I can confirm Safety net pass without problem !! on the previous ROM, it failed !!
And on DRM , i have Windevine L1 ;)

Reactions: Zencooler
I can confirm the latest weekly also passes all Safetynet tests and has Widevine L1.

EDIT: please note there's still issues with the dual apps option on the latest stable rom, this seems to be a known bug in the official xiaomi rom. It makes apps crash when enabled, so please disable dual apps when using 12.1.1.0 on the Ultra. See this post for more info.

Reactions: tics85 and Poney70
Try mine. Its in English and you can always message me if you have problems. Have a good read fiorst but ignore the installation of ROMs through Fastboot as all ROMs now are installed by TWRP. The links in this doc are to files I hold and are on my own Mega Page with exception of web site links for the ROMs themselves. The manin things are these.
Make an off phone data back up to restore your files as you will have to format your phone.
Download your ROM of choice and store it on your PC or OTG USB stick.
Using your phoe connected to a PC, install TWRP through fastboot.
Once TWRP is installed, reboot directly to TWRP.
Install your ROM,
Format your device, not just wipe.
Reboot to system and wait. It may take 5 to 10 mins to boot but as long as you see 5G and MIUI on screen your are done.

Do not reboot to system after installing TWRP or it will get overwritten and you will have to start again.

Here is the link to my guide... https://mega.nz/file/6UAhXCxZ#Np2KwhMnl8obmOvp4b-2R9ajo0zrtz3vwefy-Ya3PLs

Hi, I am hoping you could help me understand a couple of things if I were to install the EU rom on a chinese MI 10 Ultra:

- Does the fingerprint sensor and banking apps work after unlocking bootloader and installing the EU rom?

- I understand from recent messages in this chain that Google Pay does work and SafetyNet is passed, however this does contradict some other things I have read (maybe older version?):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

- I understand that Dual Apps does not work currently - can I assume it has worked in past and hence it is being worked on for a fix, or is this a long-standing problem?

- Best way to backup phone before unlocking bootloader and installing the EU rom. Using the inbuilt tool on the phone?

- How can re-install stock chinese rom and re-lock bootloader. In the reddit link I sent above it was recommended to use MI Flash - any guide on that?

Thanks!

Hi, lots of questions but I will try to answer them in turn. If I miss anything, please ask here or message me. I am using the Weekly beta branch version, so can only answer on this and not the stable branch of EU ROM.

Fingerprint unlock and banking works fine. I use Lloyds Bank and full app opening and authorisation works ok. The current ROM passes safety net test, see screenshot, so wide one L1 too. I have gpay set up and ready but have not used it in anger but it shows as if it's ready and usable.

Dual apps seem to work on mine. In the screenshot you can see one app activated in dual apps section and in the app draw. I'm not if the stable branch has it working but does.

I use both Google and Xiaomi backups. Both will restore your apps and settings but may not restore internal memory. I would copy it off phone to a pc and restore it your self. If you have an old phone, you can use miniver. Works a treat to copy everything over.

If you have not started your unlock process, then once you start, you will have to wait a week (168 hours) before you can actually do the final unlock. It's not until then that the phone will get formatted.
Once unlocked, get everything ready with your ROM of choice on your PC or OTG usb stick. Push twrp, boot to twrp straight away, flash ROM, format data, reboot system. EU ROM will not let you lock bootloader, it won't have any issues.
To go back to stock Chinese, download your choice of ROM from http://mifirm.net , flash from twrp and it will restore stock recovery on boot system and if you want you can relock bootloader but it will format again and of course if you unlock it again in the future, it will format each time, each way. You could use a fastboot stock ROM and install it by pc too for same result.
Please remember that current twrp seems to not like decrypting the ROM using any screen lock than pattern, so best use pattern for now.i think I've covered everything but please ask away for more. The most current version of my guide is here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-08-19-26-36-131_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-08-19-26-36-131_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_2021-02-08-19-33-58-262_com.miui.securitycore.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-08-19-33-58-262_com.miui.securitycore.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20210208_193424.jpg
    IMG_20210208_193424.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 174
Just intalled newest version of mi 10 ultra "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Ultra_V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11.zip" everything working smooth at the moment :)
Just did, 3 freezes on 1 minute of use even after wiping cashe and dalvik. I'm going to format all data and see if freeze continue if so i'm gonna downgrade to 12.0.15 which was perfection in term of stability

12.1.1 for me is broken not stable at all, each time i'm unroll the notification tab the phone freezes

Just did, 3 freezes on 1 minute of use even after wiping cashe and dalvik. I'm going to format all data and see if freeze continue if so i'm gonna downgrade to 12.0.15 which was perfection in term of stability

12.1.1 for me is broken not stable at all, each time i'm unroll the notification tab the phone freezes

that weird @@, I faced no issues so far on this version

Same goes for me! When watching YouTube, it suddenly crashes. My alarm didn't go off this morning... Folder app crashes almost instantly (same for alarm atm).
How can I fix this? Clear Dalvic/Cache?

Same goes for me! When watching YouTube, it suddenly crashes. My alarm didn't go off this morning... Folder app crashes almost instantly (same for alarm atm).
How can I fix this? Clear Dalvic/Cache?
disable dual apps and reboot...

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
Did you format when you installed the ROM? Just a thought as you came from a different branch.
For me, dual apps work ok on my 10 ultra but as already said, may be disable for now but you should not need to do this every time on update. After first install and format, you just need to wipe dalvik and cache each time.

disable dual apps and reboot...
how to solve phone freezing when opening notification tab ?
i tried clearing cashe dalvik, clearing data, clearing internal storage everything. Same probelem each time

i'm about to try a full reintall of the rom is freeze continue, can downgrade to MIUI 12.0.15 ? trought twrp backup

Thanks to this forum, and particularly Mark F and his document guide, I managed to get the EU rom onto my MI 10 Ultra.

I cannot seem to get full screen gestures working with Nova Launcher - I did manage to get it working on the Chinese ROM (after using 'Hidden Settings for MIUI' app to set Nova to be the default system launcher). But cannot figure out how I got it working back then for the full screen gestures. Changing to full screen gestures in the normal settings section of the phone does not work (leaves you without buttons and the gestures). Any ideas ?

Edit: After some additional digging, will try the suggetion of "Fluid Navigation Gestures" app as recommended here
Seems like it is a known issue as stated here: [*] System: Full-screen gestures are not working when System launcher is not set as the default launcher. [Android 11 only]

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark F
Don't worry about fastboot, that's more for your PC.
The question is do you have twrp installed. You can see by rebooting to recovery to see. If it come up with a blue ish page something like what is in the attached, then you have.
If you haven't, then you need to, and that's when you need to use your pc and fastboot mode.
Firstly download the ROM you want to install to your PC or internal memory. Then reboot your phone to fastboot and follow the instructions on the ROM download page or use the information in the attached guide. When you reboot into recovery, you will now have twrp installed. You can mount your PC to copy your ROM over or just use twrp to INSTALL, select ROM file, swipe to install, when done you may have a page that says wipe dalvik and cache, if so, just swipe again and then reboot to system and you're done. Do not format at that stage or you will wipe your phone, just wipe dalvik and cache only.
Hope this helps but please ask if not.

Hello @Mark F and everybody else.

I've been doing research on migrating to EU rom for the past 2 weeks. My phone just arrived 3 days ago and I've already started the unlock countdown just now (trying to resolve the unactivated SIM).

A little bit about myself. I am coming from Huawei P30 pro and Huawei P10, and so far, I am very happy with those two phones. Prior to that I was using Samsung Exynos, and so far, I think I am better off sticking with Huawei. I'd have chosen Huawei again only if it came with Google. My friend uses a Huawei, and I can tell you that for the price it feels like shortchanged, but he lives with it. I don't think I can.

Anyway, in my short time with Xiaomi, it so far is great, good camera functions, even better than my P30 pro, 120W ultra fast charging, great display, smooth animations, I love that the notification sound is randomized bird chirping, I still retain my remote control feature, overall very nice personal experience.

However, there are some nitpick issues,

1) Huawei has a sidebar to summon floating windows, and although xiaomi can also summon using the app preview and selecting floating windows, but it's 1-step vs 2-step. I use that feature quite a lot.

2) Funnily, you can't put calculator on the floating window. You can have the floating calculator; but you have to exit whatever you're doing, find calculator, open calculator and select floating window, and then open back whatever you were opening to reference that vs summon sidebar, select calculator. I wished the floating calculator was an option in floating window (in app preview) or at least on the status bar. Workaround is to install third party calculator, but it's a shame. They have a very nice calculator.

3) For some reason, if I'm typing and I want to select a word, perhaps somewhere in the middle of the sentence, I can't double tap or long press to select the word. I need to long press and press select.

4) I can't have google maps timeline.

5) 1.5 days of battery life compared to 2 days on the Huawei P30 pro. Maybe I need to tone down the 120Hz, but sometimes I find that the 60Hz is quite jarring. Like they want to tell you that 60Hz is so ugly.

6) Search (swipe up from middle) is in chinese. It's like a VM in your phone. Every other part of your phone is english(or mostly English), then this 1 part is all chinese.

I am wondering if A11 fixes any of the above issues =)

Anyway, from a noob/general user standpoint, I'm getting plenty confused, even with the help of the search function of the forum (searching TWRP alone brings up 10 pages of threads to go through) and as I understand, when the thread was started, things was a bit different.

I know that the EU rom is enthusiasts' work and I thank everyone for their hard work. I really appreciate the effort.

May I suggest starting a new thread, or editing the first post as a guide to install A11 since some of the info are not exactly relevant?

Also, is this info still relevant for installing A11?

One more thing, @Mark F

When you say need to use pattern for first install of TWRP, does it mean when installing use pattern, after install TWRP, (daily use) I can use pin back? Planning to go on stable.

Yes, all good to go back to pin or password after but for some reason the twrp just won't accept them for decrypting the drive for updates.
Just one note though, if you want to update and go from pin or password to pattern for the update or any other reason, you lose fingerprint and face data and do have to put them back in after. But of a pain for me on weekly, so I kept pattern. But I would prefer password.

Yes, all good to go back to pin or password after but for some reason the twrp just won't accept them for decrypting the drive for updates.
Just one note though, if you want to update and go from pin or password to pattern for the update or any other reason, you lose fingerprint and face data and do have to put them back in after. But of a pain for me on weekly, so I kept pattern. But I would prefer password.
Are you sure about that?
I run weekly releases all the time and ever since I got the Ultra back in October, I use PIN + fingerprint + face data. I don't ever have to change the screen lock method and updating works just fine via TWRP.

Got it. I don't prefer patterns as they are sometimes finnicky (in my old experience) and both options (displaying line or hide the lines) is both a trade-off.

I see that you also came from a very long line of Huawei phones prior to getting Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. Even going so far as to try switching to a different brand and ended up switching back. I guess not having google services really done and did it for you as well huh? If I could describe it, I would say the Huawei experience is intuitive and very well thought out in terms of practicality. It's a shame what happened to them.

Anyways, I can't wait to flash A11 next week.

Hello @Mark F and everybody else.

I've been doing research on migrating to EU rom for the past 2 weeks. My phone just arrived 3 days ago and I've already started the unlock countdown just now (trying to resolve the unactivated SIM).

A little bit about myself. I am coming from Huawei P30 pro and Huawei P10, and so far, I am very happy with those two phones. Prior to that I was using Samsung Exynos, and so far, I think I am better off sticking with Huawei. I'd have chosen Huawei again only if it came with Google. My friend uses a Huawei, and I can tell you that for the price it feels like shortchanged, but he lives with it. I don't think I can.

Anyway, in my short time with Xiaomi, it so far is great, good camera functions, even better than my P30 pro, 120W ultra fast charging, great display, smooth animations, I love that the notification sound is randomized bird chirping, I still retain my remote control feature, overall very nice personal experience.

However, there are some nitpick issues,

1) Huawei has a sidebar to summon floating windows, and although xiaomi can also summon using the app preview and selecting floating windows, but it's 1-step vs 2-step. I use that feature quite a lot.

2) Funnily, you can't put calculator on the floating window. You can have the floating calculator; but you have to exit whatever you're doing, find calculator, open calculator and select floating window, and then open back whatever you were opening to reference that vs summon sidebar, select calculator. I wished the floating calculator was an option in floating window (in app preview) or at least on the status bar. Workaround is to install third party calculator, but it's a shame. They have a very nice calculator.

3) For some reason, if I'm typing and I want to select a word, perhaps somewhere in the middle of the sentence, I can't double tap or long press to select the word. I need to long press and press select.

4) I can't have google maps timeline.

5) 1.5 days of battery life compared to 2 days on the Huawei P30 pro. Maybe I need to tone down the 120Hz, but sometimes I find that the 60Hz is quite jarring. Like they want to tell you that 60Hz is so ugly.

6) Search (swipe up from middle) is in chinese. It's like a VM in your phone. Every other part of your phone is english(or mostly English), then this 1 part is all chinese.

I am wondering if A11 fixes any of the above issues =)

Anyway, from a noob/general user standpoint, I'm getting plenty confused, even with the help of the search function of the forum (searching TWRP alone brings up 10 pages of threads to go through) and as I understand, when the thread was started, things was a bit different.

I know that the EU rom is enthusiasts' work and I thank everyone for their hard work. I really appreciate the effort.

May I suggest starting a new thread, or editing the first post as a guide to install A11 since some of the info are not exactly relevant?

Also, is this info still relevant for installing A11?
I would wait until you are on EU ROMs first before asking some of your questions. Like the timeline, it didnt work for me on stock + the Google apps they put on but it works fully on the EU ROMs as GMS is fully embedded. So get yourself over to EU when you can, have a play, then see if anything you need is not there.

Hi people
Just bought Mi10 ultra.
Is it worth setting it?
With xiaomi.eu ROM.
Is there a way to install GMS in the original CN ROM?

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk