[GUIDE][haydn] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro

Ur coming from weekly, right? I shud choose install as a new one or just update it?
If you install for the first time or come from stable choose "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat", if you on weekly choose "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat"

Reactions: Kai Wayne
I cannot proceed from the message "Setting current slot to 'a'".
Can tell me why?
k40 pro + , Same here. always enter fastboot after booting, and haydn_images_V12.0.8.0.RKKCNXM_20210326.0000.00_11.0_cn_9e13a0504c.tgz + miflash does not work ( prompt completion in 0 seconds ). Finally, I sent the phone to Mi home, where the maintenance staff just re-flash the phone,then everything ok (he didn’t open the phone).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 398
So, I have a K40 Pro Plus.
Was on the latest Chinese ROM (updated through updater). Unlocked my phone today.
First flash attempt ended with me being stuck at
Code:
Setting current slot to 'a'
Running the script a second time was succesful but I'm stuck in a bootloop leading to the bootloader.

I switched to the official cable that came in the box, switched to a USB 2.0 port on the computer, nothing works. Tried reverting to China stable (haydn_images_V12.0.9.0.RKKCNXM_20210407.0000.00_11.0_cn_4d535cc4d8; the only fastboot version available), although the flash is successful, I'm still stuck.
Tried every single Xiaomi.eu ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_V12.0.9.0.RKKCNXM_v12-11-fastboot, xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_21.3.17_v12-11-fastboot, xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_21.4.22_v12-11-fastboot), no change even though the flash process seems to be succesful.

Even tried updating the firmware to fw_haydn_miui_HAYDN_21.4.22_b45e4df1c3_11.0...

For now I'd just be happy to be able to turn the phone off, LOL.

Was on the latest Chinese ROM (updated through updater). Unlocked my phone today.
Code:
Running the script a second time was succesful but I'm stuck in a bootloop leading to the bootloader.

I switched to the official cable that came in the box, switched to a USB 2.0 port on the computer, nothing works. Tried reverting to China stable (haydn_images_V12.0.9.0.RKKCNXM_20210407.0000.00_11.0_cn_4d535cc4d8; the only fastboot version available), although the flash is successful, I'm still stuck.
Tried every single Xiaomi.eu ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_V12.0.9.0.RKKCNXM_v12-11-fastboot, xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_21.3.17_v12-11-fastboot, xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40Pro_MI11i_21.4.22_v12-11-fastboot), no change even though the flash process seems to be succesful.

Even tried updating the firmware to fw_haydn_miui_HAYDN_21.4.22_b45e4df1c3_11.0...

Try This :
fastboot oem poweroff

Then unplug cable it will power off

Reactions: Lim-Dul
Code:

Ha, I have been through that hell.

If you ever try reflash after stuck at "setting slot a", and succeeded, then you may get into fastboot loop, flashing "successfully" again and again.

I get out by chang .bat file command "setactive slot a" into "set active slot other".
Upon running the file you will get stuck again.
This time, do use power+vol- to get into fastboot and reflash.
And use powershell with admin privilege to run the script.

USB 2.0 may not matter.

Ha, I have been through that hell.

If you ever try reflash after stuck at "setting slot a", and succeeded, then you may get into fastboot loop, flashing "successfully" again and again.

I get out by chang .bat file command "setactive slot a" into "set active slot other".
Upon running the file you will get stuck again.
This time, do use power+vol- to get into fastboot and reflash.
And use powershell with admin privilege to run the script.

USB 2.0 may not matter.
If this works, you'll be my hero. Just to make sure - after running the modified bat with 'set_active other', you reflashed with the original bat 'set_active a'?

If this works, you'll be my hero. Just to make sure - after running the modified bat with 'set_active other', you reflashed with the original bat 'set_active a'?
Yes. That's what I modified.
But it may not be necessary to change it back, because I see both slot flashed Everytime.

Yes. That's what I modified.
But it may not be necessary to change it back, because I see both slot flashed Everytime.
Dunno if I'm following the procedure correctly, but it didn't help.
What I did was basically:
Run modified script that tried switching to slot B (set_active other), it got stuck
Pressed ctrl+C
Rebooted phone into fastboot (Power + Vol-)
Ran original script, it got stuck on switching to slot A

i just got stuck too :\
into
Code:
Setting current slot to 'b'/'a'
hopefully @Poney70 or @ingbrzy can help :(

Update : i got it fixed by using @*spam*paid*service* Service in telegram, it costs me 32$ and i got back to CN fw ..
i dont know what to do know to be honest, i really want this Xiaomi EU ROM :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
To successfully flash Xiaomi.eu "fastboot" ROMs, "update to the latest China ROM version" seems to be a bad advice for some devices (like Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11 Ultra and so Redmi K40 Pro?)... :(

The only solution I know is to pay for an EDL Unbrick Service (like this one: Telegram -or- @Angeluss69) and ask them to flash a previous "China" fastboot ROM version (12.0.5.0, download link => here) and keep the bootloader unlocked.

On 12.0.5.0, finish the first setup wizard (MIUI 12 setup) then try to flash a Xiaomi.eu "fastboot" ROM again...

Last edited:
  • Sad
To successfully flash Xiaomi.eu "fastboot" ROMs, "update to the latest China ROM version" seems to be a bad advice for some devices... (like Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11 Ultra and so Redmi K40 Pro?)... :(

The only solution I know is to pay for an EDL Unbrick Service (like this one: Telegram) and ask them to flash a previous "China" fastboot ROM version (12.0.5.0, download link => here) and keep the bootloader unlocked.

On 12.0.5.0, finish the first setup wizard (MIUI 12 setup) then try to flash a Xiaomi.eu"fastboot" ROM again...
Wow... ;( That's not great. How do I contact the guys you linked to though? It seems to be a notification-only channel.

Dunno if I'm following the procedure correctly, but it didn't help.
What I did was basically:
Run modified script that tried switching to slot B (set_active other), it got stuck
Pressed ctrl+C
Rebooted phone into fastboot (Power + Vol-)
Ran original script, it got stuck on switching to slot A
Then you can flash back to China rom, start over again.
It works for me.