[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

With the rumor of safetynet's update it might affect our usage of our phones when we unlock it. I read it in AA's article. You can look for it. I hope miui eu supports locking bootloader too

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk
That would be a pity because it limits our freedom to personalize and tweak our devices. Pretty confident there will always be a workaround that but will read more about it. Thanks

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

With the rumor of safetynet's update it might affect our usage of our phones when we unlock it. I read it in AA's article. You can look for it. I hope miui eu supports locking bootloader too

Don't be too spooked.

Reactions: t_adams
Hi everyone,

just got a Redmi9s for my mother in law.

I wanted to go the "lazy way":

1. Unlock Bl
2. Last Fastboot rom - 11.07
3. Ltwrp
4. Dirty flash to 11.09

The smartphone is currently running on Xiaomi "global" 11.07

Is there a rollback protection or anything that would cause a ruckus if I'm trying to flash from 11.07 global to 11.07 eu-rom?

Im using a Mi8 eu-rom, rooted, etc.

Just don't wanna screw up - its gonna be her first smartphone...

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hi everyone,

1. Unlock Bl
3. Ltwrp
4. Dirty flash to 11.09

Is there a rollback protection or anything that would cause a ruckus if I'm trying to flash from 11.07 global to 11.07 eu-rom?

If you are going to change the Stock Rom, there is no way to do it dirty!

The data partition is crypted and you need to do a factory reset after flashing the Rom.
But if you currently run an .eu Rom on it, you can go and update it by installing further .eu Roms as dirty.
(Since you are going to unlock yr bl, so the dirty method would NOT be an option for you.)

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 9S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

1. Unlock Bl
3. Ltwrp
4. Dirty flash to 11.09

Screwing a phone up is not as easy as you might think.

For most of the problems that you may come in encounter, out there would be plenty solutions.

So just by trying to unlock the bl and installing a new Rom, you will be safe and sound. And if you do something wrong in most of the times you trap in a boot loop, that will be solved easily by reflashing the Rom correctly.

And for Redmi Note 9s there is no ARB or so. (Thanks God.)
The ARB protection is mostly applied for AndroidOne based phones.

Reactions: throwobble
Screwing a phone up is not as easy as you might think.

For most of the problems that you may come in encounter, out there would be plenty solutions.

So just by trying to unlock the bl and installing a new Rom, you will be safe and sound. And if you do something wrong in most of the times you trap in a boot loop, that will be solved easily by reflashing the Rom correctly.

And for Redmi Note 9s there is no ARB or so. (Thanks God.)
The ARB protection is mostly applied for AndroidOne based phones.

Just curious what's arb?

Just curious what's arb?

Anti-RollBack protection.
That made many headaches for A2 (e.g.) owners.
Once you installed the MIUI 11 you should say goodbay to MIUI 10 or priors, and if triggered ARB v4 you should say goodbye to AndroidOne as well.

(But some solutions were found)

Reactions: throwobble
I'm just wondering how there's this twrp out, when official TWRP team is not yet able to get it

I'm just wondering how there's this twrp out, when official TWRP team is not yet able to get it
It wouldn't be a matter of ability to do something,
I think it would be more related to passing some check points that they might have, or maybe it wouldn't be for them in a priority list to adjust it for us. Btw there is plenty phones out there and providing a secure image for all of these phone would not so easy. (But ours is the Best! :)) )

If you are going to change the Stock Rom, there is no way to do it dirty!

The data partition is crypted and you need to do a factory reset after flashing the Rom.
But if you currently run an .eu Rom on it, you can go and update it by installing further .eu Roms as dirty.
(Since you are going to unlock yr bl, so the dirty method would NOT be an option for you.)

Maybe ive written my steps way to short.

2. Fastboot Xiaomi EU rom.
3. Installing mentioned twrp
4. Because of step 2 dirty flash should be possible.

My first Xiaomi was a Mi 4 ... had lots of fun with boot loops back then...

After mentioned steps Im gonna debloat and so on.

Its gonna be a "pensionar smartphone" - so I m trying my best to make it right :X

@All: Thank you very much! Didn't expect so many replies.

I am glad there is no ARB :) .

I find the media sound a bit low even maxed out. Is there any app, module I can install to adjust volumes?

I find the media sound a bit low even maxed out. Is there any app, module I can install to adjust volumes?

We tried to correct it but we didn't find the right position to be modified. Mixer line and value???
Will be done in some next update from china.
I corrected it adding 5dB with the replay gain of my music player.

We tried to correct it but we didn't find the right position to be modified. Mixer line and value???
Will be done in some next update from china.
I corrected it adding 5dB with the replay gain of my music player.
Oh I see. So it's a known bug. I thought it's just me. I used to stream via Plex and YouTube and unfortunately there seems nothing I can do. I'll just have to wait for the update.

Another question. I've been looking for something like trusted places, we don't have it on miui?
bc21472d1a4cc3869bfc9962b6461d69.jpg

Hello to all. I decided to switch to xiaomi eu. Now I have stock 11.0.9, will there be any problems if I install xiaomi eu 11.0.9 through twrp. I just somehow got a brick when switching from stock to localized stable miui. the phone was Redmi note 8

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 9S через Tapatalk

Hello to all. I decided to switch to xiaomi eu. Now I have stock 11.0.9, will there be any problems if I install xiaomi eu 11.0.9 through twrp. I just somehow got a brick when switching from stock to localized stable miui. the phone was Redmi note 8

That's the way to follow.. But don't forget to format data in twrp wipe section. Your data will be erased, have a backup.

That's the way to follow.. But don't forget to format data in twrp wipe section. Your data will be erased, have a backup.
there is an instruction on firmware via flashtool, but I did not find 11.0.9 flashtool. Should I wait for 11.0.9 flashtool, or install via twrp

there is an instruction on firmware via flashtool, but I did not find 11.0.9 flashtool. Should I wait for 11.0.9 flashtool, or install via twrp

11.09 is ONLY available for TWRP install.
forget fastboot eu rom, It was for early start.

Reactions: BlackOwl