[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

As soon as you modify persist original file from your phone you loose Wideline rights.
No way to recover them.
If you backed up your own persist file you can try it to revert, but not sure.
Check within your phone memory if a persist backup is available....(can be done automatically sometime)

have a persist backup, flashed it but still L3 ... will dirty flashing ROM get back the L1 ?

Dirty Flashed ROM, still L3 :(

If I had known I would lose L1 I would not have flashed the persist.. :(
Sorry, you didn't read what I wrote on second topic.
Try to flash a fastboot EEA rom (eg11.04) via miflash and replace your persist file after having TWRP reinstalled.
Last try.

hi. i've installed yesterday this rom, TWRP and update to 11.0.10.

it is possible to add stereo speaker(loudspeaker and earpiece) when playing music, videos..... earpiece is working fine with Stealth Player.....
thanks!

Last edited:
Hello, if I change my global version note 9 pro to .eu does it will get updates via ota? Thanks

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

Does the phone support 5G ?
I see that the .eu rom Removed 5GHz region restrictions
What than means?

Does the phone support 5G ?
I see that the .eu rom Removed 5GHz region restrictions
What than means?

No 5G for 9s

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

Hello, I d like to switch to this Rom with a new 9S. Is there a list of known bugs or "problems"? Like deep sleep issue or whatever?
And I m a bit confused. Is ther an 11.0.10 fastboot version?or do I have to install 11.0.4 as fastboot then flash TWRP and then update to 11.0.10 with the recovery version?

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello, I d like to switch to this Rom with a new 9S. Is there a list of known bugs or "problems"? Like deep sleep issue or whatever?
And I m a bit confused. Is ther an 11.0.10 fastboot version?or do I have to install 11.0.4 as fastboot then flash TWRP and then update to 11.0.10 with the recovery version?

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk
No bugs or problems. It's like stock, but better. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will cause you to loose widevine L1, I didn't manage to get it back. There's no fastboot version after 11.0.7. you need to get twrp in order to install 11.0.10.

Enviado do meu curtana através do Tapatalk

No bugs or problems. It's like stock, but better. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will cause you to loose widevine L1, I didn't manage to get it back. There's no fastboot version after 11.0.7. you need to get twrp in order to install 11.0.10.

Enviado do meu curtana através do Tapatalk
You do NOT loose L1 Wideline right when unlocking the bootloader!

You do NOT loose L1 Wideline right when unlocking the bootloader!

You're right, my mistake. Just unlocking the bootloader will mantain. Im my case I think I lost L1 after trying AOSP Rom but after reading some posts been finding ppl that don't know how they lost L1, maybe they flashed persist?

To restore DRM install Global ROM via Flashtool.
Will try, I restored but eea. Being a eea device is it ok to flash global? Won't get bricked? Never tried and didn't find a lot of information about that process.

To restore DRM install Global ROM via Flashtool.
Is that theoratically speaking or have you done it yourself and can confirm that you are back at L1?! Everything I have found is that theres currently no confirmed way for our device.

Is that theoratically speaking or have you done it yourself and can confirm that you are back at L1?! Everything I have found is that theres currently no confirmed way for our device.
This will definitely work as your phone will be restored to the way it was when you bought it.

This will definitely work as your phone will be restored to the way it was when you bought it.
Only if it works on global ROM. I've done it on eea and still have L3. Read a lot of posts on this matter and so far ppl that flashed ROMs that don't support DRM lost L1 and didn't get it back.

Yeah I looked alot into it. Problem is that there isnt much info about it with our Phone.
With some phones it worked with others it Was necessary to lock the bootloader again, while with even others there were no possibility at all.
That's why i asked if rbarat did it successfully himself.
You can't speak of that it "definetely work" if there is no one who actually did it with our Phone before. In that case it's just theoratically speaking. Even if it should work theres the possibility that it wont

Yeah I looked alot into it. Problem is that there isnt much info about it with our Phone.
With some phones it worked with others it Was necessary to lock the bootloader again, while with even others there were no possibility at all.
That's why i asked if rbarat did it successfully himself.
You can't speak of that it "definetely work" if there is no one who actually did it with our Phone before. In that case it's just theoratically speaking. Even if it should work theres the possibility that it wont

So my experience was: Unlocked Bootloader and tried Xiaomi.eu, after that tried an AOSP Rom and I think I lost L1 then because I didn't check before neither I backed up originally before unlocking and flashing(my bad). Tried to restore flashing original EEA MIUI and relocking bootloader but no success. I can get OTA and pass SafetyNet but DRM stays on L3.

UPDATE: Tried flashing Global, still L3. So even flashing the original ROM being EEA or Global doesn't restore Widevine, at least for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeX1991
So my experience was: Unlocked Bootloader and tried Xiaomi.eu, after that tried an AOSP Rom and I think I lost L1 then because I didn't check before neither I backed up originally before unlocking and flashing(my bad). Tried to restore flashing original EEA MIUI and relocking bootloader but no success. I can get OTA and pass SafetyNet but DRM stays on L3.

UPDATE: Tried flashing Global, still L3. So even flashing the original ROM being EEA or Global doesn't restore Widevine, at least for me.
Thanks for your Feedback and your time spent on this.
Im hopeful there will be some way to do it. We just have to figure it out

@rbarat you could change the title of the step from "working Google Pay" to "make safety net check completely past" as it surely helps with other stuff aswell such as banking Apps and any other app that requires the safetynet checks.

Last edited:

I ask for a little precision:
You flashed fastboot rom or TWRP zip?

I also tried to install recovery global ROM from TWRP and it doesn't help -> still L3 level.

Someone could try to install the Fastboot version. The Persist.img file is located only in fastboot ROM install file. It is not in the recovery version.
I don't have time for that at the moment.

Last edited: