[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

After my brick, I used an EDL flash to Global from China.
It was on Global12.0.1, updated to 12.0.6 on my 11 Ultra by OTA update and now flashed last week's weekly EU with no issues too ( this week's on download). Time to restore from backup and set up again.
Global was a bit strange, yes it had Google services as standard but used Google's phone and text app, so no call recording without using a different phone app. Just didn't feel right after using the EU version.
So glad I'm back on it now.

Reactions: Derko and Zencooler
My question is now, after flashing from CN 12.0.13 to Stable Xiaomi.eu 12.5 is it safe now to upgrade from stable xiaomi.eu 12.5 to xiaomi.eu beta (weekly)??

My question is now, after flashing from CN 12.0.13 to Stable Xiaomi.eu 12.5 is it safe now to upgrade from stable xiaomi.eu 12.5 to xiaomi.eu beta (weekly)??
Yes, but do a clean install (= "first_install" script) when switching to Weekly from Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM. ;)

Yes, but do a clean install (= "first_install" script) when switching to Weekly from Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM. ;)

wait you mean factory reset after switching to weekly.
Couldn’t understand about first_install script. Could you explain. Not a noob just didn’t catch it

wait you mean factory reset after switching to weekly.
Couldn’t understand about first_install script. Could you explain. Not a noob just didn’t catch it
For now, without TWRP, Xiaomi.eu release "fastboot" ROMs for Mi 11 devices. To flash these ROMs you have to run an installation script on your computer.

There are 2 scripts, one for a clean install (= "first_install") and another for updating without losing data (= "update_rom").

:)

Reactions: goodguyavi
hey guys, i unlocked my bootloader an hour ago on my 11 ultra and wanted to install the EU beta (coming from CN 12.5.10 i think)
on the first try i stucked at "setting current slot to 'a'" .. tried to restart and enter recovery but was stucked in fastboot mode
i tried all again, turned firewall and antivirus off and the script went through but i'm still stucked in fastboot mode
i already read about the problem here but didn't find a solution execpt a xiaomi (edl?) flash - is there a way i can fix this by myself?
thanks for any help!

hey guys, i unlocked my bootloader an hour ago on my 11 ultra and wanted to install the EU beta (coming from CN 12.5.10 i think)
on the first try i stucked at "setting current slot to 'a'" .. tried to restart and enter recovery but was stucked in fastboot mode
i tried all again, turned firewall and antivirus off and the script went through but i'm still stucked in fastboot mode
i already read about the problem here but didn't find a solution execpt a xiaomi (edl?) flash - is there a way i can fix this by myself?
thanks for any help!
when you are stuck in "setting current slot to 'a'" try just press ENTER, not interrupt flashing process..

thanks for any help!
Hello,

No, sadly, the only solution in this situation is to pay for an "EDL Unbrick Service" for now... :(

EDIT: Download and flash the latest fastboot "Global" ROM for your device via EDL.

Reactions: Derko
As I am preparing for bricking my device next week when the unlock timer runs out I was researching a little bit and came across this article: https://miui.blog/any-devices/mi-account-authorization-tips/

Can anyone tell if this is how you check if your account can flash through EDL? I did the steps here and it says "This computer is bound to your account, you can start now". Is this just a regular login to flash official firmware to unlocked devices? I see someone asked the same question on reddit but there was no definitive answer.

So update from me, I used *spam*paid*service* on telegram.
Done within 40 minutes to any FW you want

I did make notes of what he did, it looks like you deffo need an authenticated EDL account even if you have the tools as there is a step where it does a call and request unique password during the EDL flash/.

I did not realise you could flash Mi 11 Pro with globl so just went for that, will see how I find it before trying EU again. Cost me £23

Had issues with teamviewer so just used AnyDesk. Fully recommend them so now I have a Mi 11 Pro on Global FW from original CN.

Hope you all get your bricks sorted :)

After my brick, I used an EDL flash to Global from China.
It was on Global12.0.1, updated to 12.0.6 on my 11 Ultra by OTA update and now flashed last week's weekly EU with no issues too ( this week's on download). Time to restore from backup and set up again.
Global was a bit strange, yes it had Google services as standard but used Google's phone and text app, so no call recording without using a different phone app. Just didn't feel right after using the EU version.
So glad I'm back on it now.

did the same now but haven't the OTA so i flashed directly from global 12.0.1 - worked for me!
thanks for the help!

For now, without TWRP, Xiaomi.eu release "fastboot" ROMs for Mi 11 devices. To flash these ROMs you have to run an installation script on your computer.

There are 2 scripts, one for a clean install (= "first_install") and another for updating without losing data (= "update_rom").

Ahhh thank you sir

So update from me, I used *spam*paid*service* on telegram.
Done within 40 minutes to any FW you want

I did make notes of what he did, it looks like you deffo need an authenticated EDL account even if you have the tools as there is a step where it does a call and request unique password during the EDL flash/.

I did not realise you could flash Mi 11 Pro with globl so just went for that, will see how I find it before trying EU again. Cost me £23

Had issues with teamviewer so just used AnyDesk. Fully recommend them so now I have a Mi 11 Pro on Global FW from original CN.

Hope you all get your bricks sorted :)
Did the edl service locked the bootloader again?

Actually I have the china 12.0.13 firmware. Tomorrow I can unlock the bootloader. Can I flash from this CN 12.0.13 to xiaomi.eu 12.5.2 without bricking my 11 Ultra 12/256 M2102K1C?

Updated it to 12.0.13 and factory reset before the unlock procedure. USB debugging is activated.

Steps you should try to follow - for Mi 11 Pro & Mi 11 Ultra

* Device in "Fastboot" mode *

1) Unlock the bootloader of your device

2) Download "Global" fastboot ROM (12.0.1.0) => here

3) Extract the downloaded file in the root of your C:/ drive

4) Extract and open Mi Flash Tool => MiFlash20210226.zip

5) "Select" => Select the extracted folder in your C:/ drive

6) "Refresh" (one time)

IMPORTANT:

7) Select "clean all"
- NOT "clean all and lock" - at the bottom-right of Mi Flash Tool

8) "Flash" (and cross your fingers)

* After "success" flashing, close Mi Flash Tool and disconnect the device from computer *

9) Reboot your device and complete the first setup wizard (MIUI 12 setup)

10) Follow the guide (starting from "Download our ROM zip file..." line) to install Xiaomi.eu ROM =>
First post of this thread

Last edited:

2) Download 12.0.1.0 fastboot "Global" ROM => here

6) "Refresh" (one time)

IMPORTANT:

7) Select "clean all"

* After "success" flashing, close Mi Flash Tool and disconnect the device from computer *

9) Reboot your device and complete the first boot wizard (setup of MIUI 12)

10) Follow the guide (starting from "Download our ROM zip file..." line) to install Xiaomi.eu ROM =>

My Mi 11 Pro is now updated to stock CN 12.5. Would I be able to flash Global 12.0. on top of that?

My Mi 11 Pro is now updated to stock CN 12.5. Would I be able to flash Global 12.0. on top of that?
Is there ARB (Anti Roll-Back) protection? (I don't really know how it works...)

You should be able to flash any Official fastboot ROM (with an unlocked bootloader) using Mi Flash Tool. ;)

And if not, an error message will be displayed. :)

2) Download "Global" fastboot ROM (12.0.1.0) => here

6) "Refresh" (one time)

IMPORTANT:

7) Select "clean all"

9) Reboot your device and complete the first boot wizard (setup of MIUI 12)

Is it mandatory to downgrade to 12.0.1?? Because many Bricked at the beginning With older Versions their phones

I think I will just try to follow the official procedure after the unlock and if I run into problems I'll go down the rabbit hole to try other more exotic methods and I already got in touch in advance with the Russian guy to see what I need to prepare in case I brick it so that he can do the EDL flash.

I dont. My question was If it is mandatory to flash the xiaomi.eu 12.5.2 Rom from CN 12.0.1 or if it is also possible from CN 12.0.13 without bricking my phone