[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

If you can't format data in TWRP, fastboot boot the stock recovery and "Wipe Data" in this one then reboot your device. Your device should successfully boot to system after that. ;)

i mean phone is working fine on the last week weekly.

its just doesnt decrypt and i can't update it xD

i mean phone is working fine on the last week weekly.

its just doesnt decrypt and i can't update it xD
Did You try to use "PIN" and also "pattern" method for unlocking the screen (in phone's settings)?

If nothing working, you have to use a USB-OTG stick then or wait for a new TWRP release with a working decryption method. ;)

Did You try to use "PIN" and also "pattern" method for unlocking the screen (in phone's settings)?

If nothing working, you have to use a USB-OTG stick then or wait for a new TWRP release with a working decryption method. ;)

i always used pattern method. It fails.
Removed the lockscreen, still fails :)

ah ok, i'll wait for a new TWRP, its just a pain in the ass to use mi flash.

Reactions: Poney70
What do I do if I want to go from 12.5.4 (fastboot) to 12.5.7 (twrp)?
First install the TWRP and then save the 12.5.7 rom on the smartphone and then install it normally via TWRP without wipe and format data?

[QUOTE = "Poney70, publicación: 610936, miembro: 248356"]
¿Intentó utilizar el método "PIN" y también el "patrón" para desbloquear la pantalla (en la configuración del teléfono)?

Si nada funciona, debe usar una memoria USB-OTG o esperar una nueva versión de TWRP con un método de descifrado que funcione. ;)
[/CITA]

OTG it does not work

Hi All,

Using MI11 PRO and followed the new procedure mentionned in Post #1.
I am coming from new purchased MI11 PRO Chinese with Stable CHINA ROM MIUI 12.5.4.

I have followed all the steps, except the "(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )" as I am not sure how to do this correctly and if this should be done in TWRP at all (saw some further comments from Poney70 and many user having similar issues).

The result is that my phone is now only rebooting to TWRP and in Chinese. It is no longer asking for the password anymore at all.

I believe there is something wrong with the "Formatting" step, is it possible to be more detailed on this step and explain exactly how this is to be done ? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Adrien

If you are now stuck with twrp and no OS, you need to push the ROM over using adb or any method that you can, then install the ROM, format data and reboot system.

Worst case would be to download the fastboot ROM version and install via fastboot, then put twrp back for normal updates.

TWRP
6. On TWRP, Change the language of TWRP to English, by clicking the right button on TWRP and select English.. then OK.
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.

What is this password the guide is talking about?

Hello
Mi 11 pro

please clarify one point.
in point 7 I have format data
After the format is finished I need to select "Advanced" and select "Inject TWRP Onekey"

Whether? after "Inject TWRP Onekey" I have to reboot phone to recovery? And then it copies the ROM zip file and installs it normally via recovery?

I read somewhere else on this forum that it is not recommended to install twrp as it leads to partition error and potentially you can hard brick your phone

Reactions: Bar.Tek
So you are not recommending the "Inject TWRP Onekey" step?
All in all, it will be safe.
What about the date format and phone reboot?
After the format, we start the phone in Fastboot mode and restart recovery with the command fastboot boot ..

The command inject is used to actually install the recovery on the phone instead of booting it through adb on a computer right?

I must say though that the guide is quiete confusing and unprecise, By reading the topic or other thread confusion gets bigger and bigger, everyone seems to have a different idea on how install it and what to do after

The tuto in first page is pretty good for me.
I have succesfully installed TWRP with that.

Hi All,

Using MI11 PRO and followed the new procedure mentionned in Post #1.
I am coming from new purchased MI11 PRO Chinese with Stable CHINA ROM MIUI 12.5.4.

I have followed all the steps, except the "(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )" as I am not sure how to do this correctly and if this should be done in TWRP at all (saw some further comments from Poney70 and many user having similar issues).

The result is that my phone is now only rebooting to TWRP and in Chinese. It is no longer asking for the password anymore at all.
I have the same issue. Installed TWRP from post1 and then installed the latest 12.5.7 rom via TWRP. Now the phone is in a loop and comes back to TWRP in Chinese. What did I do wrong and how do I solve this?
Where is the original rom and how to adb sideload?

When I have the phone connected to the pc it shows up in adb devices on the pc while in TWRP. Once I choose ADB Sideload it disappears and disconnects usb.

Any suggestions?

@Remco Harmsen "Format Data" in TWRP (use the "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu), type 'yes' to confirm, and reboot your device after that. ;)
Hero! Thank you for that! It's now booting into MIUI!

For reference, if people don't know how to get the menu on English, press the third option on the right and on the next page, top right choose the globe and choose English. That will help with getting TWRP in English if it doesn't give you the option in the first place.

Reactions: Poney70 and Bar.Tek
Do I have to choose between the A / B slot on the phone before installing the rom from TWRP?

Do we just install rom via install zip ... like on earlier models?

Do I have to choose between the A / B slot on the phone before installing the rom from TWRP?
You don't need to choose between the A / B slot, TWRP manage it by itself. ;)

Install ROM (zip file) in TWRP like on any device. :)

• Love