[GUIDE][odin] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MIX 4

Should I install this first before the rom? Do you have directions on that? Thank you. I see some google search results but want to make sure they're legit.
you HAVE to install / boot it before the rom, coz with the TWRP you can install then the xiaomi.eu rom

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
The latest stable uploaded yesterday with the Boost Chrge feature is for TWRP (not fastboot) but is over 3.5GB. I thought any ROM over that size had to be fastboot for MIx 4? Anyone care to confirm that larger file sizes can now be flashed with TWRP? Should there be a fastboot version in that case?

You usually need to wipe if you switch between Weekly and Stable.

Weekly to weekly you dont
Or stable to stable.
Today I switched from stable to weekly using fastboot and I succeeded. I did not use the (install with format data) option, I clicked on update.bat
I started the system without any problems.

Reactions: ToneLa
I'm stuck with Error 1 when trying to flash the latest stable via the latest TWRP. Not sure what I'm missing here to fix this? Does system have to be mounted? Currently only Data is mounted.

Trying to write the fastboot version and opening windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format does nothing. CMD opens for a split second and disappears. WIth our without 'Run as admin'. So currently I cannot flash the Stable via TWRP due to Error 1, nothing happpens when trying to flash the fastboot, and the phone only boots to Fastboot. So this is a nightmare. Can anyone please help?

Ensure your device is properly recognized by fastboot.
Open cmd in the platform-tools-windows subdirectory and type "fastboot devices". If this doesn't show an entry for your phone make sure the following is true:
-the phone is started in fastboot mode (google how to do it if not sure, or even if you think you are)
-the phone is connected to the computer with the original usb cable that comes with it
-adb drivers are installed on the computer. Check device manager to see if the device appears correctly installed. If you see exclamation mark or you are not sure I recommend installing "xiaomitool v2", it should install all the drivers you need.
-if you still don't see your device when you run "fastboot devices" watch this video and follow the instructions:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

if you see the device with "fastboot devices" but the script still doesn't do anything make sure you have the correct ROM downloaded for your device and that you have unlocked bootloader.
If you are sure you meet ALL those perquisites and still can't install the fastboot then you can try the other twrp (there are two available : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324403)
In general the fastboot method seems foolproof so if it doesn't work for you are missing something important.

Ultimately I had to pay a Vietnamese guy I found on Facebook to take remote control and I watched but it was a complex process that took nearly 90 minutes to get the Xiaomi EU ROM flashed after going back to stock ROM. Nightmare few hours. Won't be trying to flash anything again quickly.

Ultimately I had to pay a Vietnamese guy I found on Facebook to take remote control and I watched but it was a complex process that took nearly 90 minutes to get the Xiaomi EU ROM flashed after going back to stock ROM. Nightmare few hours. Won't be trying to flash anything again quickly.
.. ... The process takes about five minutes when it works

This is a real shame. The ROM is very good though so you will be able to just keep it for a while!

Last edited:
I was wondering, is there a reason the newest update 12.5.12 isn't available as a fastboot? TWRP hasn't been officially released right?

I was wondering, is there a reason the newest update 12.5.12 isn't available as a fastboot? TWRP hasn't been officially released right?
I think you have Odin or? Here you can find the TWRPs for Odin as well

Forum Link
MI General
TWRP][RECOVERY] List of relevant recovery in one place

Then search for Odin and voilla here we go ...

Last edited:
I think you have Odin or? Here you can find the TWRPs for Odin as well

Forum Link
MI General
TWRP][RECOVERY] List of relevant recovery in one place

Then search for Odin and voilla here we go ...
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm on Odin. So it's safe to use that TWRP? Because I didn't find one on the official site and basically the entire internet was like: don't you even dare to install a non official TWRP

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm on Odin. So it's safe to use that TWRP? Because I didn't find one on the official site and basically the entire internet was like: don't you even dare to install a non official TWRP
it depends on how to define official….

is xiaomi.eu official or only xiaomi ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneLa
Hi, seems to have som issues with the unlocker, when i press unlock nothing happens at all.
Any idease what i am doing wrong?
Phone Mix 4

Hi, seems to have som issues with the unlocker, when i press unlock nothing happens at all.
Any idease what i am doing wrong?
Phone Mix 4
My cat looks sad do you know why?

Where are the details… did you install the drivers, are you in fastboot, did you switch usb cabel or port…

Last edited:
when you fire up Unlocker it should show your device when it is connected by USB

if it doesn't pick it up, you have to install the driver if you're on Windows

As above, the more details the better...

Little help for those who struggle installing 12.5.12 like me:
- Install 12.5.9 fastboot ROM
- Download 12.5.12 recovery ROM
- Use TWRP included with 12.5.9 to install 12.5.12

So why buy a phone that is not intended for international use?
You have bought a model designed only for the Chinese market, which does not have the official ROM installed but (modified) custom ROM xiaomi.eu

It offers you an update to MIUI 13 with Android 12.
Because TWRP does not work with android 12 yet, you need to update using fastboot mode.

When the functional TWRP for android 12 is available you will be able to update without a PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70
Research before you buy

Get the Xiaomi.eu image in it - we can't really help you with stock, as this entire website and ROM is about getting off stock

For now, when you're on this ROM updating is as easy as downloading and unzipping, connecting the phone and running a batch file in the folder you unzipped to

It will get easier. But you chose a Chinese only phone to use in another country - I think 99% of users here expressly bought it with the intention of ditching stock

There's a reason xiaomi.eu exists