[GUIDE] TWRP - ROOT - XPOSED Tutorial [Xiaomi Mi 10]

MAMAC

Members
Jan 24, 2017
Android 10/11 (tested on latest weekly rom MIUI 12.2 (20.10.16)

Hello, i want to share with u a simplefied tutorial how to:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

TWRP

Before installing custom recovery called TWRP u need to unlock bootloader. Be sure that u enable developer options and inside enable USB debugging.

1. Turn OFF your phone (wait few seconds) and then press VOLUME DOWN + POWER till u see fastboot on the screen.
2. Connect phone with PC.
3. Download TWRP image and adb. DOWNLOAD (MB-TWRP 02.03.2021)
4. Extract ZIP anywhere.
5. Open cmd window in the same folder where are extracted files.
6.Type fastboot flash recovery TWRP_umi.img.

Done

MAGISK / ROOT

After u install TWRP u now have custom recovery so u can do whatever u want.

1. Download magisk.
20.4 version (Android 10) DOWNLOAD
21400 version (Android 11) DOWNLOAD

2. Copy that zip to your phone/sd card/usb.
3. Run TWRP recovery (turn OFF phone, wait few seconds, press VOLUME UP + POWER, wait 2 vibrations than release).
4. Click INSTALL button, locate your zip file called magisk_20.4.zip or Magisk-v21.0.zip, select that zip and flash.
5. Reboot System.
6. Download Magisk Manager. DOWNLOAD
7. Install it.
8. Run installed magisk.
9. Update magisk or magisk manager (if update is avaliable).
10. Press "Check SafetyNet" button. If is failed go to settings (home screen of magisk manager, press upper right button, scroll down and find MagiskHide and enable it).
11. Press again "Check SafetyNet" and it shoud be success.

U are done, u have root over magisk.

TIP: If u get any problems (bootloop) or u want totaly to remove magisk u can use uninstaller and flash it over TWRP just like u did for installation
Uninstaller 20.4 version DOWNLOAD
Uninstaller 21400 version DOWNLOAD

XPOSED / EDXPOSED

EdXposed
is a Magisk & Riru module that provides original Xposed frameworks on latest Android ART devices. With this module u can load bunch cool modules including
CustoMIUIzer.

1. Go to your magisk manager, u will find 4 buttons at bottom middle screen (home, superuser, logs, modules). Press modules.
2. search for riru. Install Riru (Riru - Core) v21.3 by Rikka.
3. After flashing riru press reboot button.
4. After reboot check modules tab in magisk and check did riru core is successfully installed. If yes everything is ok.
5. Download EdXposed Manager. DOWNLOAD
6. Install EdXposed Manager.
7. Run it.
8. U will get red warning that says "EdXposed Framework is not installed". Dont worry.
9. Go to CANARY tab and choose in framework EdXposed-YAHFA-V0.5.0.6 (IMPORTANT IS TO CHOOSE YAHFA not SANDHOOK) if u choose sandhook by mistake u will lose SafetyNet then scroll down to SafetyNet part.
10. So u choose YAHFA, Press INSTALL/UPDATE (zip will be downloaded to your download folder on your phone).
11.Open Magisk Manager go to modules tab and press install from storage button.
12. Find YAHFA zip and flash it. After installation press reboot button and wait a phone to get rebooted.
13. When your phone boot go to EdXposed Manager and check did framework says that its installed.
14. If u get warning "EdXposed Framework is installed, but not active". please reinstall EdXposed Manager. It shoud says "EdXposed Framework is active".

Done !

SAFETYNET

If u by accident or any other reason install sandhook framework, u will get safetynet problem. And even if u uninstall it u will still get warning. To solve that u need to remove sandhook traces over (root explorer, or explorer in TWRP). I personaly use Root Browser from play store.

Open root explorer, and go to /data/user_de/0/ search sandhook ( u shoud get 111 folders and im think about 50kb size for delete). remove all and reboot a device. Be aware that some modules can make safetynet problem too.

BOOTLOOP

If u get a bootloop in any part of this tutorial (except TWRP) u can manualy over TWRP recovery mode (VOLUME UP + POWER) manualy delete xposed or magisk modules.
Run TWRP, go to advanced go to file manager, go to /data/adb/modules and remove modules. Then go to data/misc/riru and delete that folder. Reboot and u are ok to try again.

TIP: Every time when u install/upgrade firmware u have a possibility to keep old battery information. So its good to go to TWRP then go to Advance then find RM battery-info and remove it and reboot a device. Personaly i repair battery drain on my mi 10 with this.

I hope this tutorial will help someone. I tried to make it as simple as possible.
Special thanks to
meowcat

Last edited:
I dont have it so i cant test. Twrp is different for sure, but method is same.

[QUOTE = "MAMAC, post: 567737, membro: 169613"]
Non ce l'ho, quindi non posso provare. Twrp è sicuramente diverso, ma il metodo è lo stesso.
[/CITAZIONE]
Grazie!

Cant enter in system folders and can't modify anything . Root installed correctly. When i try to enter and modify a file in system, i can't .
Nobody cant. Android 11 use dynamic patition for /system so it cant be modified. At least still nobody find a way.

Reactions: davezme
I have used all of your Magisk version - all bootloop or the device starts with fastboot mode. (MI Note 10 Pro global version with last MIUI version20.10.22_v12.) What is your advice to I get root? Thanks!

i am trying to follow the guide with my redmi not 9 pro with xiaomi.eu 12 stable.

when I try to download "EdXposed-YAHFA-V0.5.0.6" from here:

9. Go to the CANARY tab and choose in the EdXposed-YAHFA-V0.5.0.6 framework (IMPORTANT IS TO CHOOSE YAHFA and not SANDHOOK) if you choose the sandhook by mistake you will lose SafetyNet so scroll down to the SafetyNet part.
10. Then choose YAHFA, press INSTALL / UPDATE (zip will be downloaded to the downloads folder on your phone).

it doesn't download me a zip file but an "EdXposed-YAHFA-V0.bin" file and consequently when:

11.Open Magisk Manager, go to the Modules tab and press the Install from archive button.

I cannot find the .zip file.

can you help me?
can I download the file "Riru - EdXposed-V0.4.6.4 (4563) (YAHFA)" by solohsu present on looking for magisk manager?

Hello

Thank you for the Perfect manual

But i have one Problem with my Magisk Saftynet
See the Picture please
I hope anybody can help me

Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-24-17-44-35-731_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-24-17-44-35-731_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 568
Root no usable on Android 11 because any time you make a change in SYSTEM files it will cause crashing and phone will boot into Fastboot mode!
One thing else is the bug in the ROM, dual apps using will cause serious problem in storage of phone!
So, till now there is no fix and better to use Android 10!

It works all fine.
Magisk is flashed 21.1 and works perfect (only the SaftyNet is red)
Adaway is flashed and work perfect too

I dont want make anymore with the root, but adaway is mandatory!

Hm Okay i have make it all
But the SafetyNet is already red, but all my Apps work with Magisk Hide.
Is this a Problem when Safteynet is red?

Hm Okay i have make it all
But the SafetyNet is already red, but all my Apps work with Magisk Hide.
Is this a Problem when Safteynet is red?
It's only a problem if you want to use Google Pay or some apps that are checking SafetyNet "ctsProfile match" test. ;)

I have make this, but the same problem is again?
The installation tells me i can make a shortcut, must i do this or not?

14. If u get warning "EdXposed Framework is installed, but not active". please reinstall EdXposed Manager. It shoud says "EdXposed Framework is active".
Thanks for the great tutorial. :)

I have this issue and although I remove, reboot, reinstall EdXposed manager and do it mutliple times, it always says EdXposed Framework is installed, but not active, check the logs etc.

I know it is actually active because the EdXposed modules do work, but how can I fix this error?

P.S. I am having this issue on Redmi K30 (phoenix), running Android 11. Worked fine on Android 10.

Last edited: