Gyroscope Sensor Keeps Spinning With Redmi 3 Pro

Has anyone come across the G-sensor spinning problem?

• Yes (please indicate with reply)

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other G-sensor problems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

superivanho

Members
Sep 11, 2016
Hi guys,

I got a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro smartphone yesterday delivered from China, found out the G-sensor of the phone has gone nuts. You can see how the Psyduck spins around my room even if I don't move the phone around.

Use an app called Gyroexplorer to figure what goes wrong with the sensor. Found out the calibrated G-sensor keeps spinning even if I don't move. When I chose uncalibrated option however, it stops spinning.

When I reboot the phone, G-sensor functions normally but the gyroscope goes nut randomly in a few occasions. Do you guys think it's the MIUI issue? I thought it was the G-sensor got some problems but when I reboot the phone the G-sensor works fine. It made me think it's MIUI problem.

Phone is not rooted. MIUI 8.0.2.0 stable version is installed. Has anyone come across this problem?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes. I am always experiencing that. I always calibrate/restart my phone just to make it work. I experienced the problem since MIUI 7 China Stable until MIUI 8 China Stable. Because of that, I cannot enjoy using my VR Box. :/