New hating the new security app

mindcandy

Members
Aug 12, 2011
It found two viruses on my phone... no indication as to what they were, which apps they were attached to, no option to authorise them. Figured I should play it safe and click clean up. It hosed both adaway and Rom manager and then blocked me from reinstalling them. Had to roll back to an old backup. Lost over 15 hours of game saves. Feeling sad and grumpy now!

Indeed it isn't funny if that happens , but it is pretty easy to bypass the security app and to reinstall the program it deleted. Just freeze the virus scanner.

Send from my Mi 2SC using Tapatalk

It also removes big files randomly. I losed a lot of .obb files and videos because of it.

It found two viruses on my phone... no indication as to what they were, which apps they were attached to, no option to authorise them. Figured I should play it safe and click clean up. It hosed both adaway and Rom manager and then blocked me from reinstalling them. Had to roll back to an old backup. Lost over 15 hours of game saves. Feeling sad and grumpy now!
Me, too! I lost AdAway yesterday and Nature Wallpapers last week. Managed to restore AdAway using the Backup app.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi MI 2S през Tapatalk now Free

All antivirus android apps function this way to an extent.

Antivirus on android is like antivirus on a Mac or Linux computer; totally unnecessary

Sent from my MI 2SC