Hebrew MIUI 4.0!

tests were without issue, so it will be included in 2.11.9... :)

Great! Thanks. There are few problems (with Permission Manager for example), but we're working on it :)

no problem... push yours changes to the repo often as you can.... there is lot of to improve.. but you just started so good luck and no lot of reports from users... :) you have to compare xmls by english default repo https://bitbucket.org/iBotPeaches/ma-xml-4.0-english/src
for comparing on windows, I am using PSPad or WinMerge... for editing Notepad++... good luck and welcome to the translators team... if you have any question, just let me know... ibotpeaches has a lot of work to do.... just one more advice - what you cant translate - dont put it in yours xml.. it will pull from default values... it will prevent lot of FCs...

Great! We have only Xiaomi Mi One S devices in order to debug the Hebrew translation and the funny thing that multilang package hangs on MiOneS due to limited /system partition size (211 MB only). So I'm goind to write a small python script that cleans unnecessary resources and generates the final 'translated' firmware. Is it OK?

Great! We have only Xiaomi Mi One S devices in order to debug the Hebrew translation and the funny thing that multilang package hangs on MiOneS due to limited /system partition size (211 MB only). So I'm goind to write a small python script that cleans unnecessary resources and generates the final 'translated' firmware. Is it OK?

We need to find an extra 8MB of space, and since we removed GApps from /system, its gonna be hard to find a remaining 8MB. I already wrote a script to kill off all xhdpi images since MI ONE S isn't xhdpi, but that still leaves around 7MB to free. We need to just delete some images or something. Or optimize everything.

Peace of cake: we can just move some "system apps" to data\media\preinstall_apps
3.908.065 Browser.apk (it seems we can't :(
162.412 Calculator.apk
1.879.796 Email.apk
594.611 Exchange.apk
2.705.427 FileExplorer.apk
590.648 FM.apk
1.332.678 MiuiCompass.apk
4.404.375 MiuiGallery.apk
4.019.562 Music.apk
4.576.264 Notes.apk
437.054 QuickSearchBox.apk
574.704 SoundRecorder.apk
then new system partition will be just 187 MB and the system boots perfectly (just checked it :)
What do you think?

Some apps have to be in system to function though.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

That's right - but xiaomi puts many 'not true system apps' to system partition and we can just move them out in order to allow users to boot :) So, we could try - it's better to have the working language pack for MiOne users than haven't one.

So, I offer two possibilities:

1. Your script moves the following apps to \data\media\preinstall_apps\

2 704 682 FileExplorer.apk
4 401 812 MiuiGallery.apk
4 015 156 Music.apk

you can put here gmail and gplay apks too :)

PS. Don't forget to sign the app!

2. Or I can write a script in order to postprocess the language pack for MiOne users and they need to apply it later.

Ideas?

Still have to update build scripts but glad it works.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I've updated scripts. Need an mi one owner to come to IRC to test a pre-release MULTI.